New DLC

Ok, so there has been a lot of discussion since the video came out yesterday. I’ve heard some theories that the woman playing guitar could actually be the killer. 
Whats everyone else’s thoughts so far?

Comments

• ZiNc
    ZiNc Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 250

I'd be so down for a Witch Doctor

• Cujo
    Cujo Member Posts: 8

Obviously it's her abusive father, alcohol bottles he threw at her. Looks Native American, maybe we'll get a skin walker finally (negated by SWF of course)

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Nah. I think the guitar playing chick is the survivor. Anything else would seem weird.

The survivors have a consistent look and the killers are always larger and have a menacing look.

• taylorswift666
    taylorswift666 Member Posts: 3

im gonna guess Alanis Morissette is the new killer.

• lilsilverp96
    lilsilverp96 Member Posts: 1

I think the guitar playing chick is the survivor because she's by the campfire and the killer is going to be the witch doctor that was teased in the cards the devs gave out at one of the cons, hence the bottle at the end that clearly held some sort of gas or something.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405

I'm really hoping that the new killer is a snake oil salesman.

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259

Killer's ability theory:
    Having a glass of gas spreading into a small area making it impossible to see through.

• robin
    robin Member Posts: 149

I really hope the bottle with the gas isn't some sort of poison, like a chemical weapon. That sounds like an easy way to make sure nobody can get to a hatch or a hooked survivor, etc.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited May 2018

Someone on Reddit posted this as a theory for the killer;

_The killer is a chinese magician. He specializes in Gu.

In Chinese folklore, especially in the South, was developed a whole literature on the magic to harm, sicken or eliminate people somehow perceived as antagonistic (goddamn survivors). All these practices are counted under the umbrella name of Gu (poison 蛊) or Jincan (from golden silkworm; 金 蚕).

Gu magic was used to manipulate the will of others, partners, to make people ill and not least cause death. According to Chinese folklore, a Gu spirit was able to transform into different animals: snakes, worms, earthworms, frogs, dogs or pigs._

Besides it wouldn't make much sense for the woman to be the killer when we already have a reference of the killers apparel

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    edited May 2018

@swenpai said:
    Killer's ability theory:
    Having a glass of gas spreading into a small area making it impossible to see through.

I was thinking of having something like a ranged area denial killer. He throws out the bottles and the smoke slows down or debuffs survivors that go through it. cutting off loops for a short period of time and forcing the survivor to take the debuff or move.

• alienschmalien
    alienschmalien Member Posts: 151

My first idea was the gas was like Scarecrow from Batman, but having you go up in fear and see things might be too similar to the Doctor's mechanic.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Some sort of magician would be really cool.

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259

@Techn0 said:

@swenpai said:
    Killer's ability theory:

I was thinking of having something like a ranged area denial killer. He throws out the bottles and the smoke slows down or debuffs survivors that go through it. cutting off loops for a short period of time and forcing the survivor to take the debuff or move.

Great idea either. ^^

This discussion has been closed.