The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How does losing connection to the host work?

musefan
musefan Member Posts: 345
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

I just played a game as survivor. I did a gen, searched a chest (toolbox) and then on the way to the next gen the game disconnected.

It was a bit different than when the killer normally disconnects, as it went to a loading screen for about 30 seconds (normally you go straight to post game screen when killer d/c)

So I figured it must be my connection that dropped out. Not a big deal, probably been about 18 months since that last happened.

However, on the post game screen it gave me ~6k bloodpoints and showed the escaped icon next to my name. It didn't show that next to any other survivors but it did show there bloodpoints. On the killer it shown 0 BP, and the disconnect icon.

I went back to lobby and I was given a 4 minute disconnect penalty. So I can only assume the servers think it was me that lost connection.

But then why did I get BP? Why did it show I escaped? And why did it let me keep the toolbox I found it the chest?

Also, my internet was still working fine on my phone so bit surprised it was an issue at my end...

So what happened? Was it my connection, or is this something that happens when the servers can't work out where the fault was?

Answers

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

Not sure but had something similar happen to me as killer except it displayed 1 survivor as escaped, 1 as dead and the other 2 had disconnect icons.