Survs need love

2»

Comments

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

".....another killer chapter with 3 op killer perks"

The last time any perks that could even come close to be considered meta and not just niche or "build specific" for killers was Thrilling Tremors. Thats ghost face. Thats over a year ago. The only other perks that killers have gotten thats generally useful is probably surge.

Survivors have also gotten a lot of meh perks in that time period. But they have also gotten Soul guard and inner strength, thats both very strong. Repressed alliance and for the people, thats very hard to use but potentially really strong.

Killers havent just gotten OP perks again and again and again. Its been a long time.

But that aside, I wouldnt even call these perks OP, I would call them good (Blood favor might not even be as good as killers hope considering most survivors will just run away from the pallet when hit). Dragons grip is good, but I'd say its about Make you choice level. And Undying is probably the best one but again is a Hex perk so there are counters already.

But aside all of that...have you not seen the new survivor perks? I mean Deja Vu 2.0 aside, 50% item charges and healing + unhook speed is pretty damn good if you ask me.

So both sides are getting good perks. I cant even fathom what you are complaining about here.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

isn't the game already pretty easy for survivors.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

Do you really think these are good perks for survs? You'll never see them in a match

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

The meta isnt changing, not because new perks are all bad. Its because the big meta perks for survivor are SO overwhelmingly good that it makes all new perks seem bad in comparison. "Is this better than DS+Unbreakable? No? Then its trash."

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

We must be playing different games because I disagree with everything in this post.

Those 3 new perks aren't even remotely OP. Most of them even need improvements.

Survivors are also still very much the power role in this game.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225
    edited August 2020

Why don't devs give us statistics? Well, I know when you see an average of 3-4 kills per game you'll say that these are not ok, like the last time

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400
    edited August 2020

So you dont think that 4 survivors running built to last with 4 commodius toolboxes and good add-ons or medkits with good add-ons will ever happen? I think you should start to imagine that scenario a bit more. Getting 50% extra charges on toolboxes that can easily remove 20+seconds from a gen. Sure its probably mostly gonna be SWF groups. But saying it will never happen, just sounds like you have never played this game.

And you dont think people will run desperate measures? A Lot of people are running Botany knowledge already, this is just another version of that with potential to be a lot more powerful. These perks have a lot of combo potential with other perks to make really powerful builds.

If you are talking "meta perks" then none of the killer perks are meta either xD.

Dragons grip works well with pop but alone its not that impressive. So again we are talking combo perk and can still be countered pretty easily, to go on a 80 sec cd. Plus you have to find the survivor after that.

Hex: Blood favor is strong.......if survivors stay nearby at the pallet. And thats reallly really rare. And even if they do that the first few times, decent survivors wont keep doing that over and over. And even beyond allll that....its a hex perk. It can be removed.

Hex: undying as I said is probably his strongest. But only from a combo perspective. Alone its only decent since it basically requires people to be cleansing totems to reveal them. It can be comboed with other Hex perks. But even that is limited. It basically doesnt work with Devour hope or lullaby. It works really well with ruin though, not gonna lie that combo has big potential. Technically also haunted grounds but unless people are cleansing hex totems for no reason (no ruin/devour hope/etc then no reason to cleanse) then it wont do anything. So to make this perk do its job properly you have to run 2-3 perks and at that point you are just running a Hex build which is very neat and fun but usually not the most effective.

So yeah I would say both sides are getting decent/good perks. One of the killers perks have a chance to be really strong but not alone. But the same could be said for most perks that exist in the game. Weak alone but strong in a combo.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

That's your opinion. Again, I run We'll Make It, Borrowed Time, Inner Strength, and a 4th perk slot that I'll alternate between For the People, Lithe, and recently Saboteur.

I don't care about DS or Unbreakable and don't use either. If a perk is good, I will use it as I'm sure many other survivors would also. This idea that survivor mains compare every perk to DS and Unbreakable is just an idea formed in a killer echo chamber that they keep telling themselves. No survivor main has ever said that

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

it funny I don't use neither of those perk as survivor I'm rank 5 was 4 but MM sucks.

they really are the power role you think it be the killer.🙄

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Survivors need TOUGH love... and the Killers aim to give it to them. <JK> Survivors on the whole have already been giving themselves a something, and in ever growing numbers. The 5th Perk (Comms) is all the rage. Granted, the Solos are losing out on this, more is the pity. But since the Survivors are splurging on themselves, the DEV has to balance it.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

^ This guy gets it.

There are a lot of weak perks that need improvements, but in general so many of them just look bad because the meta perks are just on a completely other level of power that makes everything else look bad by comparison.

Hypothetically if all the second chance/Exhaustion perks disappeared tomorrow we'd side a large variety in perks being used.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

That wasn't a bug fix though as far as I know. They simply increased the momentum survivors have after vaulting through a window.