Dwight the Brave

Options

This particular Rift Challenge....After the first multiple sequential attempts tonight, I started by saying things like: "can't be, this is impossible", thern "this is hard and ridiculous. I keep spending so much time so close to the that I am not helping my team at all but maybe it will happen this time. Well it didnt and it only got worse from there.

After my very last attempt, I was virtually certain I already had it, but just to guarantee it once and for all I spent an additional 25% of time trying to cover any questionable situations from earlier. by staying in close proximity to the killer for likely over 100 seconds in total, Guess what: Big F@#$@$ WHAMMY!

I wanted to scream "Can't be, how can this be????"

Unfortunatelly the sheer shock of failing this challenge yet again, combined with the general insanity and difficulty of this challenge caused a profound change within me.

.....I no longer cannot can.

In all seriousness though, what am I misssing here. We are doing this blind. they dont even tell us how close we're getting. 10 meters or less from the killer is bananas.....Does spine chill going into effect count as being spottted? I really need some advice.

Comments

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570
    Options

Well, I’m a killer main and never attempted this but...

A) AFK killer

B) Killer who gave up and sits in corner waiting for endgame collapse to push survivors out.

C) A face-camping Killer. Run Kindred, stay hidden, stay close.

D) trick a killer into aggro and tunnel mode and then strongly suggest you have DS and immediately hop in locker on unhook. With a lil luck, they will hover around locker trying to mentally time out DS.

E) Run detective Hunch to at least keep track of Killer TR and use Red Herring to try and summon the killer to you while stealthing. Maybe you can do it this way.

Anyway, that’s how I’d try.

• Liddy
    Liddy Member Posts: 33
    Options

You should try The Game map. When someone is being chased, be on the floor right above or below them and follow them around. This is how I got it done. It's pretty easy because the killer won't suddenly start chasing you and you're close enough for it to count.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    edited August 2020
    Options

My recommendation:

Slap Bond 3 and Spine Chill 3 on your Dweet.

Throw on a Jigsaw Piece. (Mary's Letter might also work but Midwich is a pain to navigate so I hate it)

Other 2 perks can be whatever you want.

Hope another Survivor is good at being chased and play immersive, if you see someone else being chased via Bond then go on the opposite floor of the map and follow them as closely as possible, Spine Chill is to make sure the Killer is looking in their direction.

Repeat as necessary while not helping do gens because the challenge sucks.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

Got this one first time using Spine Chill, Alert, Kindred, Urban Evasion

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190
    Options

I was a little inebriatited when I posted the thread so I will try to provide more details with regards to my build.

Perks: Kinder, UE, SpineChill are a must, the 4th one was Q&Q sometimes, and Lithe on others for the max escape to reset the counter.

The biggest problem here is the constant 10 meter range, because I am not sure when it stops counting down from the necessary 60 seconds.

My main question is : what does getting spotted/discovered actually mean with regards to this challenge?

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706
    Options

I achieved both Dwight challenge at the first try, It's not such a big deal.