If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Unpopular Opinion - Sprint Burst Ruins The Game

Options
Caretaker
Caretaker Member Posts: 764
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

Yes, I've read all the DS is broken and breaks the game threads. I agree, however it's not nearly as bad as Sprint Burst. Ignore the iframes on this due to how the animation on hits/camera rig works, and the perk is still ridiculously strong. It gets you out of any unsafe situation and works as a psuedo Dead Hard if not ignoring the iframes issue. Walk slow until killer shows up then...SPRINT BURST to safety. You get it during chases while looping killers so you can see 2-3 bursts of speed in one long chase. (If you so choose to tunnel that person. The fact one person can keep you that busy is a problem in itself, but not the point.)

Sprint Burst is the ultimate, "I ######### up, but it's ok." perk. It erases damn near any mistake a survivor can make, and it stacks with the burst you get from a hit. Double speed for 3s is insanity. Hell that burst of speed is a bit much at times too when you see a survivor get hit. Then suddenly their across the map and running to the door and their gone. I understand why it's there, but it's really strong especially against slower killers. Sprint Burst does this but you can use it whenever. 90% of survivors use it while sitting on a gen and waiting for you to get close then they just dip.

It didn't matter that they were pushing their luck, and in an unsafe spot cuz now SB has gotten them to a safe spot where they can loop you and just regen the perk. It's really difficult to take the game seriously, especially as a horror game when you know the person you're about to hit is gonna turn into Usain Bolt and leave you behind whiffing air, and probably cursing it too. That survivor doesn't need map awareness or planning cuz they have a 3s window ON TOP of the time it takes to catch up to them in general to get to safe spot and lose you, or loop you.

I don't know how to fix it, but I have a few suggestions. The main one being while in a chase you GAIN exhaustion. If SB is on CD, the bar doesn't go down, it goes up. As long as you're sprinting and in the heartbeat, it goes up. As for an activation, or way to change how it works I can only think of it having a shorter duration. Having a build-up to the sprint doesn't feel like a good nerf imo, and would actually just exacerbate the problem.

Edit: Addendum to what I said: I don't want easy games, but when I lose I wanna lose cuz I got outplayed. Not because of a perk that gives you a stupid amount of distance and time. Sprint burst lasts for 3s, let's add the weapon whiff if the killer swung so 4-5s. Not including the time they're using to still run from you. It's just too much reward for little to no risk.

Comments

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

As a regular user of SB, I wouldn't mind it getting nerfed.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I agree
  • ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    Do you think lithe is ok?
  • Caretaker
    edited June 2018
    Options

@ThePloopz said:

In my honest opinion, I think it's stronger than SB. The only thing keeping it back is it requires smart play. You can't just Lithe over a pallet while looping, you have to use it with proper pathing. Technically Lithe gives you even MORE distance and time as well as better chances to stealth. However, it does require a window so I don't really wanna say it's as broken as SB, +it's much rarer to see. Not to mention it requires a chase too.

• ThePloopz
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

In my honest opinion, I think it's stronger than SB. The only thing keeping it back is it requires smart play. You can't just Lithe over a pallet while looping, you have to use it with proper pathing. Technically Lithe gives you even MORE distance and time as well as better chances to stealth. However, it does require a window so I don't really wanna say it's as broken as SB, +it's much rarer to see. Not to mention it requires a chase too.

Thank goodness my lithe and I won’t have to part anytime soon🤗. I use it every game in fact I don’t even have the SB teachable. I can’t wait until dance with me goes live so i can combine it with lithe
  • Caretaker
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Thank goodness my lithe and I won’t have to part anytime soon🤗. I use it every game in fact I don’t even have the SB teachable. I can’t wait until dance with me goes live so i can combine it with lithe

Lithe is good cuz it doesn't just give you a free escape. If you're in an unsafe area, you're unsafe. Lithe encourages good pathing, timing, etc. It's interesting to see how Dance With me will go with it for sure.

• ThePloopz
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Lithe is good cuz it doesn't just give you a free escape. If you're in an unsafe area, you're unsafe. Lithe encourages good pathing, timing, etc. It's interesting to see how Dance With me will go with it for sure.

Did you see the windows of opportunity perk that highlights pallets and windows through walls at a 20 meter range? I’m sorry but that to me just seems like it was made specifically for rank 20 survivors. It’s the most hand holdy perk imo like i don’t even have to plan my routes anymore. I can just start doing a gen and if the killer comes I know where everything thing is while I’m running so there’s no thinking involved anymore
  • Caretaker
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Caretaker said:

@ThePloopz said:

Did you see the windows of opportunity perk that highlights pallets and windows through walls at a 20 meter range? I’m sorry but that to me just seems like it was made specifically for rank 20 survivors. It’s the most hand holdy perk imo like i don’t even have to plan my routes anymore. I can just start doing a gen and if the killer comes I know where everything thing is while I’m running so there’s no thinking involved anymore

Yea, I'm hearing a lot of people saying it's a tutorial perk of sorts. It can be super clutch though cuz it shows downed pallets, if a building has a vault. It's gonna probably be in a fair bit of builds.