What do you play ?

WeslYght
WeslYght Member Posts: 27

What games do you play when it's not dbd ?

I'm really curious to see what game are being play by the community

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,188

Currently, I'm playing "The Evil Within". Strong, narrative-based games with a survival and psychological horror element are my favourites.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I just finished Dark Souls 2 on PC. Fantastic game. Not as good as Dark Souls 1, but still very good.

Aside from that, Diabolical is an arena FPS that is hot on my radar. I've been participating in the betas, and so far the game is looking good. Very high skill ceiling though. Most of the people playing are Quake veterans, which means if your aim isn't on point you're going to get wrecked fast.

I also enjoy building games like Fallout 4 and Cities Skylines. Building is a passion of mine. I'm even thinking of trying to create some stuff with the Unreal Engine (that involves a steep learning curve tho).

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

Super Smash Bros Ultimate, SCP Secret Lab, And SCP Blackout are my current focuses.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Let's see, going down my Steam list by hours played....

• Path of Exile. It really has surpassed Diablo as the best game in that genre.
    • Binding of Isaac. Such a bizarre theme but what a great game! There is SO much stuff to discover and do, it's pretty crazy the amount of content it has for something that looks like a small indie game on the surface.
    • No Man's Sky. I love flying around and scanning the animals on all the planets and occasionally blowing up the pirate ships. Just a fun game to hop in, explore a planet or two and hop out. Reminds me a ton of the space stage in the old Spore game.
    • Puzzle Pirates. Basically an MMO where everything is based on mini-puzzle games. There's a ton of variety in the puzzles and they're all fun, the game was a real time sink for me.
    • Slay the Spire is a fantastic deckbuilding rogue-like
    • Total War Warhammer. I've actually mostly just played the Chaos faction but I played that faction a ton, they are a blast!
    • More recently I've played a bunch of American Truck Simulator on and off. There's just something relaxing about driving around the Western US listening to rock on the radio. 🙂
    • Also recently I played a bunch of Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 recently, it's a pretty fun cooking game.
    • Older games I really like but haven't played in a while include Hand of Fate, Batman:Arkham City, DC Universe Online, Champions Online, Everquest 2 and Monster Slayers (which is similar to Slay the Spire, they released kind of around the same time independently of each other.)
  • yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Farming Simulator 19. The title sounds boring, but I’m addicted!

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,814

You gotta play 3 if you haven't! I've only played 3, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I really loved it and it was better received than 2.

• notstarboard
    edited August 2020

I tend to like horror games and story-driven games. Some of the most standout games I've played in the past few years have been Soma, Gris, Dark Souls 3, and the Resident Evil 2 Remake.

I used to be big into Battlefield, and I still love it, but it's such a horrible time sink that I can't justify it anymore. Same goes for OOTP Perfect team. One time-sink multiplayer game is really enough for me tbh. I think once DBD dies (or I get bored) I'm going to avoid online multiplayer games entirely. They're fun and are a decent social activity especially in a global pandemic, but life is also short and I want to spend more of my time doing more valuable things.

• notstarboard

Have you tried Soma? Its strengths line up really well with your favorites :)

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    edited August 2020

Stoked for Visage whenevs that releases on console

DBD is in that “reliant on other ppl” game categories which I also game 1pShooters & Anime multiplayers, so I prefer to play games like CrashTRacing, KH3, TombRaider, MortalKombat, SonicMania, Tekken7, an all kinds of VR games so I can get a break from the team aspect enjoy gaming solo for a bit

• Marc_go_solo

I have, and I do like the philosophical subject behind it, as well as the imagined horror of those within machines. I'd also say that a lesser known horror - a 2D story-driven psychological horror called "The Cat Lady" - is also highly recommended, and is amongst my top 5 horror games. I'd recommenď that one wholly, albeit it is rather dark.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

Right now, I am playing a lot of Rimworld.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Resident Evil Resistance

TLOU 2 I want my platinum trophy

• notstarboard

I watched a let's play of that one years back! That was a crazy game.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

I play Rainbow Six Siege, Among Us, and That One Battle Royale Game

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Right now mostly just DbD, Fall Guys, a replay of The Evil Within, and the Sims 4, but I'm still playing DS3 too from time to time: alternating between a playthrough as my Knight from DS1 and my character from DS2 (who's a Sorcerer in DS3, but was more of a Dex build in DS2 that also got a lot of her points put into spell casting).

I have lots of other games I play from time to time too, but nothing I play super regularly.

• Marc_go_solo

And how! "The Cat Lady" is grossly underrated and not always given the praise it deserves. It most probably is because of its unrestricted analysis of depression and terminal illness, even though it's dealt with with the utmost sensitivity. I'd recommend it to anyone!

Plus, without spoiling anything, the villains are something else!

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I'm taking a short break from Dark Souls. I have Dark Souls 3 already installed and ready to play.

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096

I have been playing Armello, if you like strategy board games I would recommend checking it out. Also recently started playing Final Fantasy Online. Been quite addicted to that one.

I did dip myself into Fall guy, but man... I suck at it 😭

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I play World of warcraft mostly but I'm playing another mmo of my child hood again Pirate101

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

GTA V.

• timbologna
    timbologna Member Posts: 348

CSGO

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,099

I play the Binding of Isaac.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Pretty much the only thing I play as much as I do Dbd is Overwatch. I main Roadhog so I can always be hooking people no matter which one I'm playing :D

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

Super Smash Bros Ultimate and cat quest 2

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    • Predator: Hunting Grounds
    • Avengers (I’m actually typing this while the credits are rolling)
    • Resident Evil 3 Remake (going for platinum)
    • The Last of Us Part II (going for the Grounded and Permadeath trophies, plus I might keep replaying it with different filters active)
  • Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I'm trying to beat FNaF 4, and FNaF 3 Nightmare mode at the moment. Other than that, Halo, and a really good indie game called Valley by Blue Isle studios.

• GRT_Alkaline
    GRT_Alkaline Member Posts: 226

A few different ones:

GTA Online

Minecraft

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 & 4

Prominence Poker

Would be more different games like r6s and assassins creed games if my disc drive wasn't screwed.

• Rhe2veja
    Rhe2veja Member Posts: 63

Warzone and Among us