Why SB last second?

Camophlo
Camophlo Member Posts: 104
edited September 2020 in General Discussions

I've seen so many survivors try to Sprint Burst last second to try and make the killer miss an attack, which in the end only results in them not making it to a loop or actually hit last second b4 SB happens.

Why are you all like this. If you SB early you can gain distance and either make the killer lose interest in that chase or have to catch up. Then some make it obvious by walking, looking back at the killer til they are within 3 meters then use SB. I've seen people do this as both a survivor and as the killer. This is never the play imo.

Comments

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

PS4 myself here so I'll consider myself the minority :)

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

ideally it's more efficient, since the killer loses momentum while recovering from a whiff. Tho, it's clearly better running instantly if you think the killer saw you, rather than trying to make him whiff.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

I'm in that minority with you. In my 3000 hours, ive only had a couple killers that didn't swing. Then again, most red ranks on both sides don't deserve their ranks.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

People like to underestimate their opponents. I run often Sprint Burst, and if I see the killer approaching me I use it asap. It buys so much distance that not rarely they lose interest.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,789

If you sprint burst early you make the maximum possible amount of distance on the killer which is extremely helpful during a chase. There are exceptions, like if you're on a corner gen and there's really nowhere to run until the killer gets close, but for the most part just use it early and hold W.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,059

It probably works against bad Killers. I am always like "Yeah, good one, you got me" when I see a Survivor walking slowly while looking at me when I am approaching. I always wonder if they actually think they are doing an outstanding move at this point.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905

my chainsaws and insta slug hatchets disagree its a good idea to them easy targets

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Survivors have done that against me while playing oni or billy, I bet they haven't tried it again, so funny watching them wait just to get 1 shot instead of going immediately to a safe place.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited September 2020

Because they know that a smart killer will just fake coming towards them for a second to get them to waste their Sprintburst because he knows they have it and then come back while it's on cooldown. They want to force the killer to commit a decent amount of time into him if he wants to get the wasted Sprintburst.

I literally do this as killer all the time to make them waste their Sprintburst and it usually works. That's why I hold it for as long as possible as survivor, to make him commit.

You running too early is doing exactly what the killer wants you to do.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

Well I mean, depends how early, like I said a good killer when he see’s a walking survivor might just try to get them to waste it and then proceed to pressure someone else or a different gen. It can be done early just fine, experience survivors can constantly get away with some cheeky plays with SB definitely don’t recommend doing it as a new player tho

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Because it works sometimes? What’s the big deal?

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

I'm not a SB user myself. But I must admit that I did this (not waiting until the killer is 3 meters away, but I did walk until the killer is near) in order to fulfill that rift challenge that requires escaping the killer 3 times in a single match using SB. I know it wasn't so efficient, but it triggered the chase and granted me the free escapes I needed for that challenge.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,789
    edited September 2020

If the killer gets the survivor to use it and then they go pressure someone else, it'll almost certainly be ready again by the time the killer next interacts with that survivor. I put Sprint Burst up with Self Care and Urban Evasion as a perk that can be very useful when used efficiently, but that can hurt your team depending on how you use it. Walking most of the match, even with Fixated, to save your Sprint Burst hurts your team. Waiting until the last second to Sprint Burst when you could have been making distance hurts your team (although there are exceptions, as we've both mentioned).