Hill glitch remains

Options

Just played on Autohaven wreckers, went up on to a hill to check chest for first aid, found one, it was depleted however. Noticed the hatch was up there, as i came down the hill to the corner of it, I got stuck, couldn't move apart from couch and rotate. Looked a right muppet when I didn't save the only other player as I stood waiting for a hatch that I couldn't get to. Spent 10 mins stuck on the spot waiting for killer to actaully help me out of it. Was hoping they'd give me hatch after they had 3 kills and I was clearly stuck, yet the classy Spirit just closed hatch and then hooked me :/ Didn't get touched all game, completed 3 gens, sabo'd 5 hooks, 1 save and got stuck yet didn't pip ffs 😫

Comments

• ChickenMcthicken_5
    Options

Yeah, sadly it's still a thing. Yesterday I accidentally got stuck on a hill in the map coal tower and the killer (who was a rank 1 Hillbilly) literally used that to his full advantage. He looked at me and recognize I was stuck so instead of taking me out of the damn spot he literally just left me there stuck. Once I got stuck all the momentum we had went to ######### cause he kept downing everybody with the chainsaw . Funny thing is I DC'd near the end because I got tired of basically being stuck in a dumb glitch and the last survivor managed to find the hatch and I got hate mail for DCing. XD. Despite the fact he used a GLITCH to his advantage to win he was somehow pissed at me.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,631
    Options

You are aware the devs don't update their game on a weekly basis and so, if it was there on the release of 4.1.2/4.1.3 (depending on platform), it'll be there till 4.2.0.

If it makes you feel better, the devs have confirmed it's been fixed in the newest update with the release of Blight (4.2.0), which releases this Tuesday.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Hot fixes exist. A bug completely prevents you from playing the game should have been fixed by now. It's been over a month, hasn't it? It's not that they can't do it, they said it was already fixed a couple weeks ago but wouldn't come out till the next chapter, which is just plain lazy.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,631
    Options

You're right, hotfixes do exist. But bearing in mind this is DBD and the code is more spaghetti than my handwriting, what are the chances it wouldn't break something else and suddenly survivors can't stand up after crouching and killers have their lunge decreased by 25%?

I'd rather they wait till they're sure it won't break their game further ngl. At this point people should just know to avoid that area; I've had that issue 2 times as survivor since it released and after that I had common sense to stay away from the hill.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

Its been fixed, it should appear in next weeks patch. I wish we'd get some hotfixes every now and then for stuff like this.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

I have gotten stuck again tonight but was eventually able to nudge myself out. Takes a bit but I've found if you run up the hill while turning it sometimes let's you out. takes a bit of doing but keep at it and eventually you'll be free.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

I completely agree. There's no excuse for major bugs not being fixed via a hotfix. And what's even more infuriating is watching new skins get released while game destroying bugs remain. It makes you wonder where the devs priorities lie.

• DeeJHansen
    DeeJHansen Member Posts: 81
    Options

Don't walk there. If you know there is a game ending bug that results from walking there, then don't walk there. There is also no use in complaining about an issue that will be solved very soon.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Not everybody is on the forums or social media. Even if I personally don't walk there other people will and being one survivor down is a death sentence for everyone. Like come on.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,478
    Options

This will be fixed in the next upcoming patch.

• Tibby87
    Tibby87 Member Posts: 44
    Options

Got stuck and a myers leveled up and morid me. Kinda funny tho, wasnt too mad lol

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

you can wiggle out of the hill if you are also moving towards the slope. May this save your game until the patch comes.

• DeeJHansen
    DeeJHansen Member Posts: 81
    Options

The people who complain here are obviously on these forums, and those are the people I am talking to.