I can't play new killers anymore

Anytime I play as killer (If I want to rank up or even get a kill) have to keep playing Freddy and spirit. I'm a rank 5 and just can't seem to improve on any other killers because all the survivors I match with are at least rank 3. Does anyone have any advice?

Comments

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

Play whoever you want through the losses you'll derank, then as you get better with the killer you're trying to improve with you'll get up to the level you were at with freddy and spirit.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Practice. You cant play Spirit and Freddy all the time and expect same results in a Killer which is new for you. Also, try to play Killers with full-loadout, so only playing them when you got a decent Build on them.

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293

You could wait until rank reset on the 13th if you stay on purple ranks you can go back to green ranks and try to play them there.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

You may not make this mistake but one common mistake some make is using the same build on every killer, not every killer can benefit from the same build and even hinders some, or playing in a way that isn't utilizing the killers power or potential

Example: someone doesn't feel confident using spirits phase because they aren't use to it or tracking properly while phasing, so in return they get looped with a lower movement speed killer and never use the potential she has because they're afraid of losing the survivor, when if they just played around and took some licks for the first week learning ways to manage the power you would start finding what works best for you and getting the downs

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393

Don't worry about rank right now. Play the killers you want to learn. Get beat, but learn. I play very well with Trapper, Freddy and Pig. I don't have a problem hanging out at rank 1 or 2 with them. I struggle a bit with Hag or Doc and tend to slip in ranks to around 4. I'm ok with it though. I am still perfecting my skills there and will eventually get better with them.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

almost pointless to add new killers when most can't handle a match I say keep trying you'll get better not all killers are freddy and spirit but other killers can get 2k to 3k easily.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

I'm gonna give you a really good advice... STOP playing the game and de rank, then try new killers and rank up with them to learn how to use them.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Trial and error, you wont be good with every killer the first time you pick them

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I would maybe try not focus too much on ranking up and just try practice the best you can with killers. It's easier said than done for sure. BHVR really needs to add some kind of a practice mode similar to KYF but just AI instead. It gives new and old players a safe place to practice and learn the killer. I mean, we all know how god damn awful it is when you get a new killer and you just get bulldozed, especially if that killer has already been out a while and everyones got counters to it before you've had a chance to learn it.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Unfortunately deranking doesn't stop the MM from putting you against red survivors anymore.

• OllieHellhunter

I'm aware but it atleast should help in theory, but yeah when I came back after a break I was a yellow rank going against mainly purples and reds, now that I'm hovering between red and purple, I'm getting yellows and reds, no clue what's going on.

• EvilJoshy

It's simple. People aren't playing killer anymore. The survivors are the majority. So if they are waiting long enough the MM will throw a r20 at a group of r1's so they have a match. Those 4 red survivors continue playing the game and buying cosmetics.

• OllieHellhunter

I understand that by why have I been getting a random yellow rank survivor in around half of my games on both sides, when I'm purple and red most the time on both.

• EvilJoshy

The MM cuts both ways. If it can find a similair rank killer for that group it will throw the first one available. Regardless if it's fair for the killer or the survivors.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

My advice is simple: accept that while learning a new killer, you will lose matches. No shame in it and no reason to worry about it. You can’t expect to win every game when you’re trying to learn how to play a completely new killer power.

You just have to get comfortable with the idea of not winning. It’s honestly the only way you’ll learn, and by playing against high rank survivors you’ll learn pretty fast. And the better you get, the more often you’ll start to win.

• BeyondDisbelief
    BeyondDisbelief Member Posts: 69

The fact they locked killer choices in the lobby IIRC was because they wanted to implement independent MMR for each killer, just that MMR was poorly received. So they are definitely acknowledging your concerns and trying to do something about it. Until then, yes, like others said, practice.

From my experience in getting Adept Killer achieves on all killers, the key to being decent enough to hold your own at a killer is to learn to be a good M1 killer. None of the killers are designed for you to spam their powers. Be a good M1 killer then bring your power into play whenever you know will actually help you.

• KrazyAce13
    KrazyAce13 Member Posts: 330

When i wanted to play more nurse and billy before and after rework i used a different account to use those killers only with limited perks and not much unlocked that way you rely more on learning to be better with the power not with perks. Then when you get better and go back to main account you’ll have perks and know the power. Some will frown and say its smurfing but it really isnt when you are bad with a killer and trying to learn only difference might be you know the maps a bit more.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I'm in the same boat. My rank as a killer ensures that I'll be facing off against sweaty red ranks as I try to tackle a new killer that I've never played with before. DBD proper sorely needs a practice mode like it's mobile counterpart has.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

does being rank 1 really matter?