Cleansing totems

Senpavo
Senpavo Member Posts: 105

When a survivor cleanses a totem...what exactly are they doing? Like, how do they cleanse it?

I'm sure that they just don't rub it until it breaks by itself. If that was the case, they could just kick it. And why do they grunt while doing it?

Comments

• batmanscar
    batmanscar Member Posts: 466

lol

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

You gotta get it hot and bothered before you can "Cleanse it" for being so naughty.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

if we assume you actually have to detach the string from the sticks and bones... have you ever tried to untangle headphones you had in your pockets?

• BlackKat
    BlackKat Member Posts: 22

I've been wondering the same thing. Because of the grunts and sounds from the survivors they sound in pain, so my theory is this: they require a small blood sacrifice to be "cleansed".

totems have sharp bone parts that are hard to work around, causing pricked fingers and scratches.

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494

Yea but you really wouldn’t need to untangle it if you could just smashing the entire thing since bones that aren’t alive (i.e. in a human body and being maintained within it) is extremely brittle. Even if the bones were still as strong as they are in a human body, can’t you just cut the string or rip it, it’s not like you’re trying to make sure the totem can be retied and such. Plus during the animation, you can hear bones rattling meaning that the bones aren’t tightly bound together and might just be loosely tied or even just set without any binding. Just a thought tho.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

all joking aside, we have to go with the doylean explanation that it's simply there to not make things unfairish.

I mean, if we'd talk 'realism' (even discounting the entity keeping survivors alive till they get hooked for the third time/morid) all killers should be able to vault pallets, not to mention throwing them over themselves (would be funny hitting a survivor with them) etc

• kucerka
    kucerka Member Posts: 186

I guess we'll see very soon what they're doing with it. This new animation rework doesn't include a new animation for totems, but I thibk it was written somewhere that this was 1st of many graphical reworks, so I assume more new animations are about to come.