When do you guys skip a lobby as killer?

Options

I've never done this in the past, but nowadays I'm starting to realize that sometimes, skipping a lobby that's potentially unhealthy, may save you some headaches.

I'd want to know what are your reasons for skipping them.

Me, for example, I never skip more than 1 lobby in a row, because I don't want to be waiting a long time until I play a game.

So some of my reasons are:

• 2 or more toolboxes/flashlights
  • Steam profiles of clearly egocentric/cocky/disrespectful survivors

What are your reasons?

Comments

• AntonioIun
    AntonioIun Member Posts: 16
    Options

If they're a 4 man usually

Sometimes I leave if they bring all items but usually ill just bring franklins

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,909
    Options

Never, but I am a masochist and sometimes the chance of beating a powerful team with my always random and potentially petty perks is a temptation I cannot resist.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited September 2020
    Options

I have done it in the past only if I have thought to myself "I like to end dbd for today, but just one more match...".

If then has come a team into my lobby that had lock much like tryhards, I had just end dbd and not play this "one more match".

Happens not today anymore, since I make anyways just 1 match/month for testing purposes at a max.

Edit: After thinking to myself: Can we still see this as dodging? Guess its in the grey area from it.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,288
    Options

If I have to go or if I get sent to a void lobby where everyone has sky-high latency.

That's pretty much the only thing I check before I tab out and wait for the game to start, don't really care what they bring or who they are.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

When two or more people have the same name/costume

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

When they 2 or more toolbox only because the killer camt do anythung about that

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Never because why would you dodge lobbies and waste more time lmao just play the match out. Also idk what people are talking about when they say they don't care about medkits but are scared of toolboxes like what? What patch are we playing on again? Toolboxes are still quite good but 4 good medkits is probably the strongest thing a survivor team can bring into a match. The purple medkit with a charge or heal speed add-on is busted. If you don't have a 1-shot it's nearly impossible to win against that. Sloppy and Thana don't do anything against that, and with the new perks like Built to Last, oh boy.

Also idk why people dodge flashlights, they're useless unless you're wraith or Hag.

• venomz12
    venomz12 Member Posts: 46
    Options

4 flashlights. Bai.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

"I really don't understand some survivor's mentality that they wait >10 minutes for a match and want to genrush it to be over in 5 minutes in an unbalanced map with 15k points, only to get back in the >10 minute queue."

I have this same mindset. I don't understand them, but yet they keep doing that dumb stuff.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

If a group of Survivors all join at the same time, wearing the same outfits and geared up for WWII, I know it is a SWF. Sometimes I'll skip it because I'm just not up to the aggravation. When they all wear the same Skins and outfits, it is almost always a Bully Team who aren't there to play but to see if they can make you mad. I've played through those games before; I have a pretty thick skin, but the are pretty tedious overall and I skip those.

I'm not a big fan of SWF not being in their own Que, with an additional Generator required to power the gates and/or a 5th Perk unlocked for the Killer to offset the SWF 5th Perk (Comms) which trumps all others. Thus, if I know it is a SWF, I'll skip it. Give me the tools to fight on even terms and I'll gladly take them on. Until then, depends on my mood.

All that being said, I NEVER disconnect from a game no matter how bad it is going or unfun. If I start the game, I finish it. I do, like any Survivor reserve the right to leave the Lobby. All in all, I'm more likely to leave the Lobby if I see a name on a Survivor that I've seen before and got a lot of Salt from them or I saw them using a Hack or a Lag Switch. They don't get my business.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Clan tags.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
    Options

If they are on my ignore list.

If it's a 4 man and I'm on a Killer I'm not good with (and just want the daily done in 1 match).

If they last second switch.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320
    edited September 2020
    Options

I sometimes come across the same survivors who I've been against before who I know are extremely toxic, I'll skip them then if I'm just not in the mood to deal with them.

Otherwise I see no reason to

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I have never dodged a lobby or quit a game early.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

Depends on my mood. Mostly when i see a key or 3 survs with items ready up and the 4th with no item not beeing ready.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

its 2am and 2-4 of them are on each other's friend's list, or "private."

During the day its nowhere near as bad, but i swear, in the dead of night its only red rank sweat squads while the rest of us are asleep.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    Options

Do I see 3-4 Toolboxes/1-4 Keys?

Yes?

Then goodbye.

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545
    edited September 2020
    Options

Mostly when I see a 3-4 man SWF where at least one person has 2.5k+ hours.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515
    Options

If I see the word 'Toxic' in the player's name, because experience has taught me they're letting you know how they like to play.

Also if the lobby seems like a coordinated SWF: One map, one toolbox, one flashlight, one med-kit (or variations on this). Sometimes I take the game anyway, but I usually just get rolled and feel like I wasted my time.

• greekfire774
    greekfire774 Member Posts: 170
    Options

If I have any of them blocked I skip them. If there is more than 2 blendettes I skip them however, if it's all 4 blendettes I stay and bring a Mori.

• thelittlemonsters
    thelittlemonsters Member Posts: 97
    edited September 2020
    Options

If my ping is bad, something comes up, or I see four keys. I’d at least consider dodging the four keys. It would be a coin flip though.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

99% of the players i've seen with "toxic" in their names play absolutely horrible

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655
    Options

If I see a key theres a good chance I dodge. I just don't want to have to worry about that on top of everything else.

I also frequently dodge TTV people. Because I have had bad experiences with some streamers in game. Why should I have (potentially) a bad time and help them create content?

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options
  • ZephanUnbound
    ZephanUnbound Member Posts: 227
    Options

Usually only if I have to go help somebody in my house, but I'll sometimes skip if I see a key or a bunch of flashlights and med kits (often a sign of a SWF).

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    Options

I pretty much only dodge if I have to go or if there's a bunch of default skins because I don't enjoy slaughtering babies. Anything else goes.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,182
    Options

some killers don't want the hard game and if it feel like 4 man swf I don't blame them.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

if theres a key. (sorry but it ruins the game, i could easily run 1 of the couple hundred ebony moris which people wouldnt like so fairs fair) and if theyre a toxic swf, by all means play with your friends but dont be toxic and just horrible through messages its not needed.

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399
    Options

I rarely dodge a lobby, but if it's 3-4 P3 Claudettes with items (doesn't matter which items) then I'm out. I don't want to spend a whole match playing hide and seek.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,426
    Options
  • th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,804
    Options

I skip if I’m eating or having to do something else

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515
    Options

@JPLongstreet I think it is a PC thing. Otherwise you can check their profile if it's shared console and gauge their hours based on % of trophies unlocked. Not precise but neither is hours logged.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

A) If I can tell they're a 4man. Either by profile, or recognize them from previous matchups.

B) If their item setup counters me hard. For instance, four healthkits against Trapper, or multiple flashlights against Wraith.

C) If I recognize a toxic player from a previous matchup.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    Options

My main dodges are TTV or _YT in the name. Same as @PanicSquid's reasons.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

I have over 250 yellow flashlights and 120 plus of green and purple. That's all on claudette. Then like a hand full scattered across my p3s try again.

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545
    Options

Yes, it's a PC thing. Some people set this information to private, but in most cases you can easily check how many hours someone has in the game

• JPLongstreet
    Options

Ok I think the trophies might be PlayStation stuff, so maybe like the Achievements we get on Xbox. Ty

• JPLongstreet
    Options
  • KrazyKatFTW
    KrazyKatFTW Member Posts: 203
    Options

I skip players who dont ready up if i got good queue times, and will skip no matter what if they are unready and pissing about with cosmetics

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Keys most of the time, if I bring a mori I will be ######### talked because according to some survivors keys doesn't equal to moris.

I really don't dodge unless I see keys.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    Options

I don't skip lobbies. 3 keys? Let's play 'Find My Key' with special gues, Franklin's Demise.

Two plau flashlights? Maybe I load Lightborn or stick with Franklin's. Two or more tool boxes? So what? Either I increase the strength of addons or go to a slow down build. I don't even sweat healing kits. I'm happy to have you spend time healing. I might toss Sloppy or change out my trap selection to make you add a few seconds to your heal.

In short, there is not much that will make me skip. Maybe, if I'm just not in the mood, I'll skip a .ttv lobby. I'm not up for being the entertainment for your attempt at money or fame since I don't get a cut of it.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

never.

well, unless i am feeling insecure about the killer i picked and they bring 3+ toolboxes - i wont improve at a killer when the game lasts a whopping 3 and a half minutes.

other than that i only dodge certain names of people i know are super toxic and generally very unfun to play with.

both of these are extremely rare though, i pretty much play 95%+ of the lobbies i entered.

• Deckergirl
    Deckergirl Member Posts: 39
    Options

It's just natural to 'hook's claudette as I told an entitled survivor last night here on ps4.

He/they where speechless

Ever since I purchased deathslinger I've never been more compelled to play. He's so anti try hard.

It should be

(as a b$!@! In heat, why do you dc?)

Bbq&C, monstrous shrine, insidious, sloppy,

I sometimes switch out MS & INS depending on the mood.

Roll with monitor & overcharged.

1 in every 10 games though I get someone trying harder then ME! full crutches. Teabags.

And by that point who's really the winner?

Me who keeps her composure because raging over a video game isn't bright.

Or mr/mrs. Low IQ survivor (why you face camp 'bruh')? Rage messages?

DBD APPROVED. Thank you.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited September 2020
    Options

I make it a policy to never skip a lobby. If it's a bad match I'll stick around till the end. The only time I will leave is if someone is certainly cheating/hacking. I've had some stuff happen that was suspicious but not convicting. Then I've had a survivor who was SBing everywhere. That was certain. I suppose if I was at the lobby screen and there was someone infamous who is a convicted cheater I probably would back out.

• Mercês
    Mercês Member Posts: 376
    Options

Same reasons as you. I think I can deal with most of the teams I skip, but I'm mostly not willing to equip best add-ons and tryhard all game.