Killing the Hype...

Bug_Reporter
Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

I lost all the hype for this update, i was well prepared for it and changed my whole daily schedule just for this, now that the update is confirmed to not be out today (by looking at the time or previous patches releases), i lost any for of hope or hype form it, now it doesnt matter if it will come now or next month, i dont care anymore...

Well done Devs., killing the hype from your fan base is for sure a good market strategy!

Comments

• deadbydaylightfan
    deadbydaylightfan Member Posts: 262

I lost all the hype for this update, i was well prepared for it and changed my whole daily schedule just for this, now that the update is confirmed to not be out today (by looking at the time or previous patches releases), i lost any for of hope or hype for it, now it doesnt matter if it will come now or next month, i dont care anymore...

Well done Devs., killing the hype from your fan base is for sure a good market strategy!

I know right I was gonna do the same but judging from today I’m glad I didn’t great marketing strategy indeed
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

You completely change yuor daily routine for a rumor that the DLC of a video game will be released sometime today?

Thats not the devs fault :lol:

• rafiksom
    rafiksom Member Posts: 50

Its funny that realase date was not officially confirmed, but you still saying that update is CONFIRMED to not be out today because of the time.

• Blade92
    Blade92 Member Posts: 18

That's too bad.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Your own fault for rescheduling your day on a date that was never officially confirmed. 

They never officially confirm any release date. That's the big problem. We very rarely know when anything is happening.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

Yea the hype for me is pretty much dead at this point as well. If the update isn't out today I probably won't play the game for a while.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited September 2018
    Elegant said:

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Your own fault for rescheduling your day on a date that was never officially confirmed. 

They never officially confirm any release date. That's the big problem. We very rarely know when anything is happening.

Elegant said:

Yea the hype for me is pretty much dead at this point as well. If the update isn't out today I probably won't play the game for a while.

Same thing to you. Dont build up hope on a release date that is merely speculation by the community and you wont be so disappointed.
  • AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    So everything is the devs fault now? Good to know. 
    None of them ever said it would be today. So if your hype is gone, that is truely sad. If they themselves had said today, or even hinted it, I would be disappointed too, but all has been speculations spread over the internet. So dont be so dramatic, because the chaptet will come, when They say it will come. 
  • Bug_Reporter

The problem is that the devs dont have a routine for their updates, but we still try to build the hype around that like for other companies u know... Today is 3 months after Clown release, 2 weeks after PTB, all the content is ready and without game breaking bugs, its on the day and hour of all previous releases... It makes no sense to me, delaying the update =/.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited September 2018

@Bug_Reporter said:
    I lost all the hype for this update, i was well prepared for it and changed my whole daily schedule just for this, now that the update is confirmed to not be out today (by looking at the time or previous patches releases), i lost any for of hope or hype form it, now it doesnt matter if it will come now or next month, i dont care anymore...

hahaha....

Changes schedule for the whole day based around non confirmed release date....

GGs

Not sure why you came here looking for sympathy for something you did to yourself.

• Bug_Reporter

@TheBean said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

hahaha....

Changes schedule for the whole day based around non confirmed release date....

GGs

Not sure why you came here looking for sympathy for something you did to yourself.

Yeah, i wont do that again, not for DbD, at least i can continue with my normal schedule (but remove the "Play DbD" from my list for a while) after this frustration.

• rafiksom
    rafiksom Member Posts: 50

@Bug_Reporter we will miss you <3

• Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261
    edited September 2018
    This is why I never hype up for any game or dlc unless it has a 100% release date by the devs
  • CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

I wish I was hyped for a reskinned clone and weak character

• Manta
    Manta Member Posts: 117
    Remember they're potentially making changes based on the PTB results (and presumably testing these changes). That takes time I'm sure
  • Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307
    Something tells me you didn't change much on your schedule. It's not healthy to absorb your life around a video game. 💁‍♀️
  • theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

DBD devs are not releasing the schedule because they don't have one.
    They are trying to fix stuff until they have it at least remotely playable.
    PTB had a lot of bugs in it and they won't fix themselves.
    Nothing would make people more annoyed then a release of the new chapter coupled with glitchy lobby and ######### matchmaking.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

The Devs didn't kill your hype. You just built everything up around this assumed release date. So you killed your hype.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626
    I don't even know why I'm hyped either, even if it does drop today the servers will die anyway.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@AmorePrincess said:
    So everything is the devs fault now? Good to know. 
    None of them ever said it would be today. So if your hype is gone, that is truely sad. If they themselves had said today, or even hinted it, I would be disappointed too, but all has been speculations spread over the internet. So dont be so dramatic, because the chaptet will come, when They say it will come. 

You can blame the devs for a lot. For toxicity, balance, p2p and all that stuff sure, but this time they are actually innocent :lol:

• Rem
    Rem Member Posts: 13

I blame HybridPanda lol He said it would be today! :pirate:

PS. Not really, I love that guy ;)

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

@Bug_Reporter said:
    The problem is that the devs dont have a routine for their updates, but we still try to build the hype around that like for other companies u know... Today is 3 months after Clown release, 2 weeks after PTB, all the content is ready and without game breaking bugs, its on the day and hour of all previous releases... It makes no sense to me, delaying the update =/.

Makes no sense, delaying the update. Hmmmm..Who said it was delayed? I know you have already been thrown down and kicked by saying "nothing offical from BHVR on the date of release" but honestly, maybe it is scheduled for another day and was never planned on being released today. That does not mean it was delayed, just not ready to release to the public.

The thing is people are excited about things, but why can we not just sit back and wait until something official is announced. Sure, that happens a day or two before and sometimes the day of, but in all reality, it boils down to being a game. Enjoy life, maybe go outside and look at life during the day, and it will be here when the devs are ready.

Does it suck for those of us who have jobs? yeah, but that is part of being an adult. We have to make decisions based on the information we have available. I did not make the decision to stay home or rearrange my schedule, because I don't know enough information to make that decision.

• Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264
    I mean, they rarely announce it too. They come out with no warning pretty often.  

Devs could have at least said it wasnt going to come out today.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited September 2018
    Spiritbx said:
    I mean, they rarely announce it too. They come out with no warning pretty often.  

Devs could have at least said it wasnt going to come out today.
    They could have but they didnt start the speculations in the the first place so pushing  the responsibility to them is questionable at best. 

Post edited by ChesterTheMolester on