CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE NEW HOOK BUG?!?

There seems to be yet another new bug in the game involving hooks. Multiple times during multiple matches, I will approach the hook with a survivor in my hand, press the button to hook them, then my killer starts the animation to hook and then stops. I press the button over and over and am greeted each time with the same starting animation and then nothing. The only way I've found to fix it is to back away from the hook and attempt it again. The problem with this is that backing off and coming back sometimes results in the survivor wriggling free. Meaning that this awful bug hurts the killer MASSIVELY. Please fix!!!

Comments

• tactic
    tactic Member Posts: 356

Holding space bar instead of tapping it allows the animation to complete for me, which worries me as it could be intentional.

• gamerchris21
    gamerchris21 Member Posts: 11

The fix I found for this bug is drop the survivor then pick them up again. It's wastes time but it's one temporary solution for now.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288

it has already been reported in the bug forum.

It's not just hooks btw - every action that involve the use of that button (don't remember the name sorry) is affected: hooking, breaking pallets, vaulting windows, kicking gens, opening lockers.

I think it revolves around your approach angle and/or if you are moving while trying to perform the action

• kurgan8282
    kurgan8282 Member Posts: 264

terrible bug.

happened 3 tikes in 2 trials.

Being this game hugely based on timing, made it totally unplayable.

Can't believe I paid to get this.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

this happens with every action, but it feels like the most effected ones are lockers, vaults, and hooking

hope this gets fixed in a hotfix cause it really makes killer unplayable

• Cutiaddu
    Cutiaddu Member Posts: 402

This happens not only on hook, but in EVERY action

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

Bumping cause this bug sucks.

• Omg I thought it was just me and my crappy computer

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

last time this happened, I teleported around 5 meters backwards when the survivor wiggled off.

• Adamant_Tepig
    Adamant_Tepig Member Posts: 125

Yeah, this happened to me a few times during my matches on Switch tonight playing as the new guy. First time it happened I thought the guy I couldn't hook was cheating or something, but then it happened in the next match and I was like 'Yup, this is a new bug'. I was too busy having fun with Pinball Wizard to care, so yeah.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    edited September 2020

Oni earlier was having trouble hooking me. So he decided to tunnel me to death regardless despite finding a workaround that involved dropping me first. I somehow angered him by being alive.

Playing as Blight, I was having similar issues. I had to be standing directly in front of it to get it to hook someone.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

so far I played one match before my ps4 overheated shutdown but this hook thing happen to me as well.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

It's a new survivor perk called Hook Hiccup. When active a survivor will have a chance to complete a skill check during the killer hook animation. Successful skill checks will result in forcing a killer to hiccup causing the hook animation to start over.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 646

You have to walk directly into the hook as you press the button. But now survivors body block to take advantage of that fact.