The Killer You *Least* Like To Play Against?

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Nurse. Spirit, Freddy and Ghostface are close seconds, but I hate Nurse. There's nothing they can ever do to make her fair.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    edited September 2020

Freddy. His innate slowdown is obnoxious. His draw distance is annoying to deal with. Also, Freddy mains seem to almost NEVER have a sense of humor. I think they all play in their bathtubs and wait for the collected sweat to reach their nipples before they finally open the drain.

Edit: I played against ONE chill Freddy. Total good guy. Every Freddy before and after has been a trash talking turbosweat that thinks they are the pinnacle of gaming because their character naturally applies pressure with them only needing to M1 and take blood dumbs in front of hooks and loops.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Freddy. He feels mindless to play and mindless to play against. At least Spirit is interesting and seems like I still have something to learn from facing her.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited September 2020

Haha, regardless of the killer I play I tend to be pretty chill. Unless...

• You taunt or teabag me.
    • You are running Object of Obsession or are in an obvious SWF pubstomp group.
    • You Decisive Strike me.
    • You've been BM in the past.
    • I haven't managed to secure a kill all game.

If any of the above are true, let the shenanigans commence. And if you teabag me, you are going in my basement and never coming out again.

However, I can also be nice. If you have a DC on your team, I'm not above letting two of you have the game. If we are obviously mismatched skill wise, I'll go easy and won't end the game too fast (and I'll probably let you take the hatch).

• Kjetrr
    Kjetrr Member Posts: 43

Pig. It has nothing to do with the way people play her/her mechanics (tye RNG can be a bit annoying, but it isn't too bad), but at the time when I started playing regularly it felt like every second game I played was against a pig, for like two weeks. It got so annoying that I started wondering if the other killers were out on vacation.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

All of that is fair game. I generally treat the Killer with respect unless I see them do something jerky like face camp a hook. Also, I don't mind a Killer being oppressive. Comes with the game. That said, a lot of Freddys I go up against will slug endlessly to try and short change the match, camp hooks, tunnel off hook, etc. I realize these are legal strats, but it doesn't make them fun and it doesn't make that Freddy less sweaty.

Also, post-game chat with most Freddys for me is just a wall of insults and complaints. Don't know what it is about that Killer, but he seems to attract some real Karens and angry fat kids.

It DOES make the few, rare cool guy Freddys a real joy to play with and chat with, though.

• StarLost

I've legit turned off endgame chat at this point. Trust me, as a new killer with killer matchmaking disabled right now, it's been a...ride. Everything from this team saying stuff like "lol games full uninstall" or similar to full premades using an obvious smurf (how do people lower their rank to that degree? Full purple with nasty addons) who are crazily BM - I just don't need to hear it.

I can certainly be oppressive. I won't camp unless I absolutely need to remove someone from the game ASAP (OoO is my biggie right now) but if I see you unhooking or running away and I have the shot, I'm going to be after you.

I'll slug when it makes tactical sense (watching Otz a lot right now and he explains it rather well) but I try not to be abusive.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 571
    edited September 2020

Doctor. So many unnecessary sound and visual effects. It's incredibly annoying.

Freddy and Hag are boring, Deathslinger's instant aiming down the sights is frustrating, and Spirit is no fun due to the no information guesswork. But all of them pale in comparison to how obnoxious Doctor makes the game.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

Spirit the counterplay is to incosistent. She need a small power rework and a few QOL changes imo

• Jeffalations
    Jeffalations Member Posts: 57

Pig, GF, Bubba. All are super annoying to play against.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

There are two Killers that I very much hope I never see. Spirit is the first. Attempting to evade a threat that is practically impossible to perceive is the epitome of obnoxious gameplay. At the very least, she desperately needs an animation and sound cue telling the survivors she's using her power... like literally every other killer in the game.

The second is Plague. I really like bringing in Medic builds. For the People, Botany Knowledge, Blood Pact, I'm even super excited about 2 of Felix's perks just to see what the ultimate healing setup looks like, Then medkits in general as well... I'm all about all of that. Yeah. Then Plague shows up and just... shuts down literally all of it. I would not be even a little sad if she got deleted from the game.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

To give her queues would gut her. She'd go from being top tier to bottom tier. However, she has quite a few add-ons that are a bit too powerful and I would like for her footsteps to be louder for survivors when she's phasing.

• UnseenGold
    UnseenGold Member Posts: 1

Doctor. It's not that I can't hit the skill checks, it's that I hate that they can at any time, as long as it's off cooldown (which tbf is hefty) can hold M2 to reveal all survivors in their TR and then afflict them with a permanent debuff, which may or may not also permanently reveal their location from the illusionary doctors that spawn. I'd probably be less annoyed it at if either you snapped all the way out of madness when performing the action, or could snap out of it at any stage to reduce the madness by 1 tier until 0.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Hillbilly, cause of balance. I do better against the Spirit, amusingly.

Also, Trapper. I know him inside and out, and where to check for traps, but I swear to god I have magnetic ankles.

• rachel11
    rachel11 Member Posts: 1

The legion is the worst, i feel suicidal whenever i get him. Too much mending and healing

• Taiga
    Taiga Member Posts: 368

Doctor.

• Avarice10
    Avarice10 Member Posts: 482
    edited September 2020

Trapper - Stepping in a trap feels cheap and is a seriously anti-climatic

Legion - They're so damn annoying, typically they bring builds to waste your time

Deathslinger - His power gives no warning when he uses it, and he can avoid the stun by taking a swing.

Pyramid Head - Their power takes all the fun out of the game for me, you can't loop, perks like DS don't work, and they can mori you on third hook.

Freddy - His power ruins loops and mind game potential, and if he has BBQ he always teleports to your gen, he is like Clown but a lot stronger.

Hag - Extremely campy killers, and her traps are super annoying because they lock your camera onto it. I wish it didn't do that

Wraith - Typically runs NOED or other insta downs, they move faster while cloaked and get a speed boost from decloaking and that's annoying, they also can be hardcore campers

Ghostface - He is like a discount Myers and it's hard to reveal him

Leatherface - His power outruns the sprint perks, it's ridiculous. Most Leatherfaces are hardcore campers, is because of that I hate this killer.

Doctor - Makes my frames drop, counters stealth play really hard, and can prevent you from dropping a pallet or vaulting a window

The Remaining Killers I don't really mind, Nurse, Spirit, Billy, Oni, can be OP but matches with them are usually fun, the people who play these killers usually don't play with scummy tactics.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Freddy, basic choice I know but I’ve always hated facing a Freddy.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

I'm surprised barely anyone mentioned Spirit.

• Captain_AAhab
    Captain_AAhab Member Posts: 37

Ghostface. For the only reason because I play with Jeff wearing the corpse paint.

When fellow survivors see me run up to a gen, they think I’m GF and blow it up.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Definitely Freddy for me. I swear, every time I play against a Freddy, it's a Forever Freddy and I feel miserable for the next 20 minutes.

Top three favorite to face though are Myers, Ghostface, and Pig. I love Stealth Killers, honestly.

Trapper is probably my second least favorite to go against. Not even because he's hard to face. I'm just super unlucky with Trapper. I'm the guy who will step in the bear trap and be stuck there for the next five minutes struggling to get out of the thing. I've been pulled from so many bear traps just from the Trapper walking over from across the map to me and picking me up more times then I can count. I just cannot escape bear traps for the life of me.

• AceOfSpades1773
    AceOfSpades1773 Member Posts: 74

I have a few...

Spirit: Hate playing against her cause I suck against her. Everytime I go up against a Spirit I just want to go afk and wait it out.

Doctor: I love playing as him, but not against him. Just like Spirit, I suck against the doc, and die nearly everytime I go against him. His chase music gives me a headache too.

And finally, Hag: I find it boring to go against her. Pretty sure Hags camp more than Leatherface. I hate how the camera snaps to her traps when you set them off.

• skynightjourney
    skynightjourney Member Posts: 128

Trapper, I don’t know what it is about him. I thinks it’s cause I have to not only focus on the killer if I’m looping somewhere but also a trap catching me lacking.

It could also be cause every time I’ve played trapper I’ve gotten mopped and or the game breaks on me, guess he’s my bad luck charm or something.

• Azterikk
    Azterikk Member Posts: 76

Hands down doctor bc I feel like he does too much with just his base power: Built in tracking (shock screaming), built in gen pressure (snapping out of it), and built in anti loop (denying windows and pallets with shock). But im probably just bad

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405
    edited September 2020

Hmmm, I guess I hate nurse the most, because I'm not good at looping and there's just not much you can do against her.

Besides, the ones I've been against mostly slugged people then camped the corpses to get the "sweet 4k". So it turns out just another form of camping, but with a killer you can't really loop. And when they finally decide to hook, they camp the hook too.

Besides that, any "sweaty" killer doing the "anything goes" to win just give me the "oh, god, why do I still play this game?" sensation. I just wanna have fun :P (besides, 80% of the time I die anyway... but if I'm dying, at least me allow to have some fun).

• Plague

All healing perks suc against her and it's either stay injured forever or let her get corrupt.

• Strongblade
    Strongblade Member Posts: 5

I’d say Fu- I mean Ghost Face, it’s like facing three other killers at once. He is WAY overpowered and he has a douchy reveal you power that is broken, because I’ve been ‘revealed’ by him without facing him.

Michael Myers is next on the list the lack of terror radius and 1-hit drop powers are ridiculous

Thirdly, the Doctor, now that he has been buffed with his ‘reveal all players’ ability he can activate every 30-60 seconds causing them to scream and increase their madness level.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Freddy, for obvious reasons. He's just... Boring.

I'm surprised I'm seeing so much Hag. I find her fun.

• Hidon
    Hidon Member Posts: 27

Deathslinger, the meta build for him makes him a ranged tier 1 Myers. Not fun and neither is the lack of a penalty for missing when they all run the reload speed add-on. PH is a close second for the same reason. Stealth range killers... Just why?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,228

Legion and Deathslinger. Deep wound is a snooze-fest.

I don't mind Freddy as a concept. But you're usually getting a certain type of game when the killer is Freddy, and it's not a fun one.

• vKishiBatv
    vKishiBatv Member Posts: 20

Leatherface

People that use him tend to solely rely on his power to get downs then camp the absolute hell out of that person when they hook him..

It's extremely annoying to the point where I will straight up DC at match start if I hear his chainsaw rev..

• BowlofTofu
    BowlofTofu Member Posts: 45

Out of all of then the one that annoys me the most is Legion.

Not because he's OP or anything it's because a lot of Legions I play against just waste our time. Oh you gave me Deep wounds and ran off, okay I'll just mend myself, heal up, then keep working on the Gen I was on.

Then they pop up again, rinse and repeat. I haven't gone against a Legion in a long time that I was worried about.

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463

Have you tried using Spine Chill? Its very good for every stealth killer.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I think every killer other than Myers and Oni has been mentioned.

I'd have to say Spirit and Freddy. I roll my eyes whenever I realize it's one of them. Basically easy mode for killer.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

And our new updated tally for the Champion of Rage (within this thread):

1st: Freddy w/ 20 votes (defending his title from yesterday)

2nd: Hag w/ 17 votes

3rd: Ghost Face w/ 15 votes

4th: Doctor w/ 10 votes

5th: Spirit w/ 9 votes

6th: Pig w/ 8 votes

7th: Deathslinger w/ 7 votes

8th (tie): Trapper & Legion w/ 6 votes

9th (tie): Wraith & Leatherface w/ 4 votes

10th (tie): Huntress, Plague, and Pyramid Head w/ 3 votes

11th (tie): Hillbilly, Myers, and Nurse w/ 2 votes

12th (tie): Clown & Blight w/ 1 vote

The "Joy Boys": Oni & Demogorgon who haven't been mentioned at all thus far.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,790

Legion. Free deep wounds is not fun.

Deathslinger and Pyramid Head are a close second and third because zoning is not counterable. You just need to hope the killer isn't good, or it's going to be a quick chase.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,790

I usually run MYC and Devour on my Hag. Most of the time survivors will just sprint for the hook if they trip a trap near a hook, so I just wait for MYC and DH to proc, then teleport to the trap they tripped before the unhook, and usually get an easy down. I'm the worst lol.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Ghost Face at the moment...

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Not liking certain killers is fine but that's no reason to dc on them. The other survivors might enjoy going against one of the killers you hate going against and you just ruin the fun for them.

• storydove
    storydove Member Posts: 54

The Doctor, he is relentless and creepy as hell. Games against players who are good with him are such an ordeal.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

I totally HATE going against Deathslinger with Monitor, it just feels so incredibly cheated, being pulled off from a gen when you literally didn't hear anything. Runner up would be PH, bc of his "scumy play" potential (camping a tormented hooked player and then imidiately down them after unhooking and sending them into a cage).

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284

Tied between Freddy and Pyramid Head.

30 Minutes of exhilirating snare spam is great.

Choosing which way you die at windows and pallets is also very engaging.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

It wouldn't. Spirit is still invisible and super fast while in her power. It just deletes the dumb as a rock mind game of taking your hands off the controls which shouldn't even be a thing. Literally all it would do is actually keep the Survivor informed and be like "Hey, I can't see you, you can't see me. Game On." Does the Survivor know which way the Spirit is going to come after them? No, but they at least knows she's coming.

• guyDDDfieri
    guyDDDfieri Member Posts: 9

Spirit, nuff said

• Blackscales
    Blackscales Member Posts: 8

Ghostface in a heartbeat. The stealth aspect is so hard to play against but with Ghostface specifically I just cannot avoid dying every single time.

• StarLost
  • SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

Deathslinger.