Blights "broken add-on"

I've been having a blast with the blight lately. Especially while using his compound 21 add-on. This is the add-on that shows the auras of survivors after a slam. I heard that it is supposedly getting changed, and I hope this won't happen. I think the perk is a fun way to play the blight. Instead of changing it, I think they should make it an ultra rare add-on and swap out the blight tag to a green add-on. Thoughts?

Comments

• MasterGrit
    MasterGrit Member Posts: 331

McLean said they won't change the rarity.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I hope they switch it's effect with the soul chemical.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

I'm A-OK with it being a green but they either lower the range by 4 meters or so or lower the time the auras show up. Doing both would really hurt the viability of the addon.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I hope they change the aura read to two seconds, but my guess is that they brutally overnerf it.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Compound 21 + Alchemist ring. There’s literally no getting away from that unless you are at a decent tile.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I think it is considered OP because at the moment the main "counterplay" to Blight is that he simply loses track of survivors pretty often due to his low camera position. This addon counters that and makes his power extremely strong, also countering a bit his low maneuverability as you have enough time to read and predict survivor movement with the aura.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

The amount of free info you get from this addon is insane.

16m aura reading for 6 seconds whenever you slam into someting + using anything to counter the aura reading (using certain perks or hiding in the locker) is useless because the scoring event will still tell you when someone is around,even if you can't see any auras.

This addon is pretty much like having a waaaaay much better I'm All Ears without a cooldown.It really isn't ok in it's current form.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

It's funny how people call aura reading addon OP when in actuality it doesn't make a huge impact if you can juke blight in the first place, but completely ignore an addon 7 that makes chaining rushes instant

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459

I don't know why some people consider this addon OP. Aura reading addons on Bubba, Wraith and Pig ain't OP and neither is this. Maybe reduce the range to 12 meters (same as the Wraith's all seeing has) and duration to 4 seconds. Problem solved.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

But Myers has 16m and 32m aura reading range.

Heck there are even perks any killer can equip for aura reading.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

Survivors can equip items and perks to see the killer's aura.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

There is no other aura reading addon than can proc so easily like this one. The blight always has ot bounce around, so he doesn'T even have to get out of his way to use it. And it activates everytime. He can even easily use it for searching: A worked on gen without a surv. to be seen, let me smash into the wall and use the aura. There's really not much of an effort to get the effect, with no limitations for using it and next to no counterplay for survivors, so I can totally see that it's problematic

The other killer aura addons are either not as powerful with similar rarity (Hag, Doctor), comparably powerful with higher rarity (Clown, Wraith), or considerably more powerful with (heavy) restrictions/side conditions (Myers, Pig). So I wouldn't be to surprised if the effect gets weakened somehow, be it lesser duration or range, or both.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

If they changed it so that it would apply on a rush attack rather than a slam and increase the radius by 4 meters, I think that would be perfect. It'd become a really good snow ball add-on.

• TheClownIsKing

Wait, what?!

Wraith just needs to be cloaked, and Myers only needs to be stalking to use their aura reading add ons.

They can theoretically have it switched on for 100% of the match.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

Doctors is kinda easy lol and you have wraiths aswell or plagues or pigs and oni ..I mean cmon it’s not really OP it’s just strong ..what about survivors perks to see killers ? Or there key addons to see the killer? I don’t see people complaining about those

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

Are you really comparing slam to a cloaked Wraith which can't hit you until you do that slow uncloak animation and a T1 Myers that essentially needs a whole map offering and 3 perks in order to even get the full benefits of that add-on. Compound 21 us just to strong for green or Iridescent value. Maybe if they cut the reading to 8 meters instead of 16 and the time from 6 to 3 it can be classified as a purple or Iri.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

Lol na it’s ok right now it’s not op maybe really strong but not OP

• TheClownIsKing

It’s just that it’s only aura reading. It tells you where survivors are. Unless you can hit them it doesn’t mean anything.

• CaulDrohn

I explicitely put wraith addon as an example for similar utitlty, but higher rarity. It also has a shorter range and the wraith has to uncloak, which will alert survs (except wraith has silent bell, of course). So it's a little bit harder to use than blights offering, with a higher rarity.

For Myers, sure his wallhack is superior to the blights, but this comes with a heavy price, ether being EW1 the whole game (being slow, no lunge, no bloodlust) or being EW2 the whole match with decreased walking speed. Myers wallhack does only work properly in indoor maps, with many los blockers, just because you are slower than normal and need to catch them unaware, otherwise they can just run away from you. Blight does not have this imitations, he can use his aura addons on every map and get use out of it. Overall, mirrors are much more powerful, but come with restrictions, and they are still a higher rarity.

Let me point out, I'm not arguing that the blights aura addon is the most powerful, it is not, but it's really strong without any restrictions and easy to trigger. On top of that, it's easy to get, since only rare, so you can get many of it in bloodwebs. There's no other killer addon combining this utility, ease of use and availability.

• CaulDrohn

Doctors is easy to use yeah, but blast goes on cooldown and if you shock someone thats hiding, you found him due to the shock and not due to the aura. Wraith is comparable, although a little bit "harder" to use (you have got to uncloack, which will alert survs. Blight can just pinball around and hit or go into fatigue and then hit, without surv expecting it). Plagues addon is busted and borderline strong, maybe op, but you first have to get them sick, and it does not give you any utitlity to find healthy survivors hding in a bush. Pig has to crouch and thus is slow, its also only 12 meters. Onis is really strong, but can be avoided by the survs. All three of the last are ultra rares, where the blights is only green (rare).

I did not argue that it's op, but it's really strong, and possibly to strong for it's rarity. Let me copy form my response above:

"Let me point out, I'm not arguing that the blights aura addon is the most powerful, it is not, but it's really strong without any restrictions and easy to trigger. On top of that, it's easy to get, since only rare, so you can get many of it in bloodwebs. There's no other killer addon combining this utility, ease of use and availability."

Lastly, this has nothing to do with survivor auras, so please avoid this whataboutism. Even if we go there, the ring addon is heavily limited, since the keys power will run out fast. Survivor perks always have conditions to trigger the killer aura, but they are usually limited to some seconds and the killer not being near you so the aura can only used for repositioning, but not in a chase. The only equally powerfull surv perk combination would be OoO with Sole survivor, when you see the killer but he does not see you. This would allow you to constantly avoid the killer by playing stealthy, were the Blights addon can totally deny the stealth play.

• CaulDrohn
    edited September 2020

I actually agree with you, that compund 21 seems to strong. I was just responding to the claim that other aura addons exists, so it couldn't be so strong. I wanted to point out that this addon has way to much utility and ease of use to warant a mere rare category.

Edit: Ah sorry, you didn't actually respond to me, my bad.