The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

[CHEATER REPORT] Obvious lag switcher.

rafiksom
rafiksom Member Posts: 50
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

In-game-report-system is not easy to use. There is no easy way to attach a video proof of someone cheating, so I decided to report player on this forum.

This guy was mad because I looped him around fence, and he was standing for like 1 minute (he was configuring propably sofware). After 1 minute when he woke he did 4 kills in maybe 60 seconds, because survivors was standing in 1 place due to lag.

Everything is in the video.

PART 1:
DELETED (we are not allowed for naming and shaming)

PART 2:

sorry for my bad commentary in english, but i was mad.
This is his steamID: (u can see this steamID also in video)

Notice, that he has a lot of funny comments under profile, u can see that on my video also.

Do with that what you want. I will fight with toxicity.

Post edited by rafiksom on

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited September 2018

Name shaming is not allowed in this forum, use the report function

and tbh, looking at the match, you got what you deserved :lol:

• rafiksom
    edited September 2018

EDIT:
    He changed his steamid (dont know how):
    The new is: DELETED (we are not allowed for naming and shaming)

U can see his previous nicknames

Post edited by rafiksom on
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Dude I get you want to stop them but we can't just name lag switchers and stuff
  • rafiksom

@redsopine1
    Better do anything than nothing. Devs don't care about that and I dont believe they will do anything, but u know, I dont want to left that without any action.

• redsopine1
    I know the feeling but my game has such bad lag as a survivor I have no way to call out any suspected switching heck I got accused the other day despite live broadcasting my vids which showed people moving all over I just got lucky with a long range throw suddenly I'm a lag switch for using my power (sorry minor vent there)
  • Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247
    We're not allowed to name and shame anyone. You could get into trouble for it. And yeah, it does look like lag switching, but a lot of times I get random lag spikes with different killers, so it might just be an internet thing.
  • rafiksom

Ok, so if we are not allowed for reporting players, good luck in the future, when everybody will start to trying lag swith and other stuff. Sorry for naming and shaming a player with "random" lag. I will edit post.

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502

Please send a report and video to the ACM and Support team. Their link is here:

https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

As redsopine1 stated, name shaming is against forum conduct. Use the in-game report system, and the online support page to report grievances and bugs.

If you have difficulty doing so, at least send a message to a friendly Moderator or ACM staff, and they will make sure to point you in the right direction.

• rafiksom

Also lag switching will never be bannable because u can always say that you have problem with your ISP. Great.

• rafiksom

@ceridwen309
    I did it.
    They sent me a automatic reply that I should use in-game-system to report players and thats all.

• redsopine1
    rafiksom said:

Ok, so if we are not allowed for reporting players, good luck in the future, when everybody will start to trying lag swith and other stuff. Sorry for naming and shaming a player with "random" lag. I will edit post.

The games have lag recording's for lag switching and dc amounts I know its a bucking pain not calling them out on it but until the devs have enough free people to fully monitor complaints and review the game nothing to be done just constantly broadcast any games as survivor or killer no matter how long they get then look through for the moments where switching happens so you can give the devs the time it occured
  • ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502

@rafiksom said:
    @ceridwen309
    I did it.
    They sent me a automatic reply that I should use in-game-system to report players and thats all.

I can confirm that they do read and check through the online reports. They may not personally acknowledge anything right away, but I believe they will get to the bottom of it when they can.

I believe they also cannot discuss ongoing investigations and reports that they have received.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Lag switching will be here until they put out dedicated servers which will never happen.
  • rafiksom

@ceridwen309
    I am pretty sure they won't do anything, because half year ago I reported a streamer who was using cheats to bug himself in a locker forcing killer to dc. That streamer is streaming to this day. I sent them video proof, link to clips and shots from his twitch profile.

Trust me, @ceridwen309 they don't give a single ######### about players reports.
    Write to me on private I will sent you link to this twitcher.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@redsopine1 said:
    Dude I get you want to stop them but we can't just name lag switchers and stuff

Yes, douchebags have rights to.

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254

I'm a noob and I already hate these lag switch people. I understand why people keep asking for dedicated servers because it happens way to often.

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

Anyone have a link to the videos? Anti-naming and shaming policies are bullshit if you have blatant evidence like that.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited September 2018

@Justicar said:
    Anyone have a link to the videos? Anti-naming and shaming policies are bullshit if you have blatant evidence like that.

The name and shame rule exists because of mob mentality. Justice is not equal retribution and people aren't guilty just because it looks that way to you, no matter how much knee-jerk reactionaries want to believe otherwise.

Post edited by Orion on
  • rafiksom

@Justicar , nah. I wont show this videos, this killer will destroy more and more games, because of that.
    God bless this community, @not_Queen

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

@Orion said:

@Justicar said:

The name and shame rule exists because of mob mentality. Justice is not equal retribution and people aren't guilty just because it looks that way to you, no matter how much knee-jerk reactionaries want to believe it is.

Sorry, can't hear what you're saying over the sound of "BURN THE WITCH".

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@rafiksom said:
    @Justicar , nah. I wont show this videos, this killer will destroy more and more games, because of that.

As opposed to you showing the video and nothing happening because players can't ban other players. You filed a report, the team will analyze it. If people weren't abusing the report system, they'd get through it a lot faster.

• Master

@rafiksom said:
    EDIT:
    He changed his steamid (dont know how):
    The new is: DELETED (we are not allowed for naming and shaming)

U can see his previous nicknames

The fact that you apparently got the wrong steamID tells enough already.

And no, you cant change it

• Master

@rafiksom said:

Do you want me to show a video of every DCing survivor? Be prepared for some serious spam though :wink:

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

@rafiksom said:
    In-game-report-system is not easy to use. There is no easy way to attach a video proof of someone cheating, so I decided to report player on this forum.

This guy was mad because I looped him around fence, and he was standing for like 1 minute (he was configuring propably sofware). After 1 minute when he woke he did 4 kills in maybe 60 seconds, because survivors was standing in 1 place due to lag.

Everything is in the video.

PART 1:

PART 2:

sorry for my bad commentary in english, but i was mad.
    This is his steamID: (u can see this steamID also in video)

Notice, that he has a lot of funny comments under profile, u can see that on my video also.

Do with that what you want. I will fight with toxicity.

There is no point in this xD i dont even think lag switching is a perma ban offense.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Orion said:

@Justicar said:

The name and shame rule exists because of mob mentality. Justice is not equal retribution and people aren't guilty just because it looks that way to you, no matter how much knee-jerk reactionaries want to believe otherwise.

This! More often than not it's someone playing on a hot spot (on console at least). Jumping to conclusions doesn't help and yeah it sux but @Orion is right. 
  • Ryuti
    Ryuti Member Posts: 19

The forums aren't the place to report people. You can link evidence by sending in a support ticket at https://support.deadbydaylight.com.

This discussion has been closed.