Spirit Changes that we need

Unit
Unit Member Posts: 190
-Aura reading perks working while using her power

-Blood showing

As of right now these are the only ones I can think of and I understand that not all killers are meant to be viable  but  that doesn't mean we can't have some quality of life changes

Comments

• rafiksom
    rafiksom Member Posts: 50

Did u read post about changes for spirit after ptb? I think not. She won't be able to see blood at all. It was bug on ptb.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

I honestly think the killer is fine the way she is. She's going to have a decently high learning curve but she's not that bad. Currently she's a massive mind game killer and really rewards people for being able to play mind games well. I think she needs to hit live and be played for a little while before we can accurately judge what buffs/nerfs she needs. Look at games like League of Legends. Whenever a new champion comes out it almost always has a 40% (give or take) winrate because people don't know how to play it yet. After a few weeks/a month or so if the winrate is still low that's when Riot goes in and buffs the champion.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Tsulan said:
    Elegant said:

I honestly think the killer is fine the way she is. She's going to have a decently high learning curve but she's not that bad. Currently she's a massive mind game killer and really rewards people for being able to play mind games well. I think she needs to hit live and be played for a little while before we can accurately judge what buffs/nerfs she needs. Look at games like League of Legends. Whenever a new champion comes out it almost always has a 40% (give or take) winrate because people don't know how to play it yet. After a few weeks/a month or so if the winrate is still low that's when Riot goes in and buffs the champion.

She has a high learning curve but is mediocre at best.
    Also, BHVR doesn't work like Riot. There won't be any buffs until next year. Freddy was released for Halloween. He's been waiting for a buff for a year now. 

Don't expect any Spirit buffs in the next 12 months.

Unfortunately you're right... if it bhvr were any sort of organized and some what functional they would dish the buff out mid season patch.... ya like it should happen but that's not how this works... hopefully Freddy was the sacraficial lamb that was needed for the devs to realize when buffs are needed.. 
  • Elegant

@Tsulan said:
    Elegant said:

Also, BHVR doesn't work like Riot. There won't be any buffs until next year. Freddy was released for Halloween. He's been waiting for a buff for a year now. 

She isn't mediocre at best. If you get really good at playing her she will easily be at the top end of the mid tier killers. Possibly even low end of the high tier killers. But I do agree with you that they are way too slow with balancing changes.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Elegant said:

@Tsulan said:
    Elegant said:

She isn't mediocre at best. If you get really good at playing her she will easily be at the top end of the mid tier killers. Possibly even low end of the high tier killers. But I do agree with you that they are way too slow with balancing changes.

No one got really good at playing her. At least not during the PTB. The 20 second cooldown of her power limits her way to much. No other killer has such a limitation on his or her power.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@rafiksom said:
    Did u read post about changes for spirit after ptb? I think not. She won't be able to see blood at all. It was bug on ptb.

Thats why he says "changes we need"

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Elegant said:

@Tsulan said:
    Elegant said:

There is no way she will be even close to viable. A 110% killer relying on a 20 sec cd power in a time management game, do I need to say more?

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Elegant said:

@Tsulan said:
    Elegant said:

Here is the problem with your statement though.

Just like you learn how to play as her, people also start to learn how to play against her. My first matches against her were horrible and I thought that she was one of the most powerful killers in the game. Then I have played one match as her and understood her power better. She is really easy to avoid as long as you are not caught in wide open areas. As long as she doesn't use some particular addons, I find myself more advantageous than the killer when she is in the spirit world.

I always said this though. We should really wait her release now. I am curious how she will be in the game when everybody tries to win. Then we can have a better understanding.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Delfador said:

@Elegant said:

@Tsulan said:
    Elegant said:

Here is the problem with your statement though.

Just like you learn how to play as her, people also start to learn how to play against her. My first matches against her were horrible and I thought that she was one of the most powerful killers in the game. Then I have played one match as her and understood her power better. She is really easy to avoid as long as you are not caught in wide open areas. As long as she doesn't use some particular addons, I find myself more advantageous than the killer when she is in the spirit world.

I always said this though. We should really wait her release now. I am curious how she will be in the game when everybody tries to win. Then we can have a better understanding.

That was my favorite part about the Dev blowing off the feedback with "She's only been out 2 hours." Yeah, your killers are telling you she sucks after just two hours of Survivors in the PTB playing against her. Now just imagine what will happen in two weeks of Survivors playing seriously.
  • Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

dont worry guys, we will get a spirit cube next year.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Elegant said:

@Tsulan said:
    Elegant said:

From what I've seen mediocre is the proper rating to give her atm... everything in her kit begs for help... the cooldown begs for an addon to be used, the charge begs for an addon, the movement yes 176% but still not enough to make up loss of time so you need an addon... on top of that she encourages the use of tracking perks.. .stridor, predator, etc... this is from what I've seen... I'm going to wait for for her to hit live and then we'll see how she does against the cream of the crop....... 
  • Elegant

@Bravo0413 said:
    Elegant said:

@Tsulan said:

Elegant said:

From what I've seen mediocre is the proper rating to give her atm... everything in her kit begs for help... the cooldown begs for an addon to be used, the charge begs for an addon, the movement yes 176% but still not enough to make up loss of time so you need an addon... on top of that she encourages the use of tracking perks.. .stridor, predator, etc... this is from what I've seen... I'm going to wait for for her to hit live and then we'll see how she does against the cream of the crop....... 

Yea I can agree on that. Two changes I would make for her are way shorter cooldown and allow her to channel it while moving/only slightly reducing her speed while channeling.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@Unit said:
    -Aura reading perks working while using her power

-Blood showing

As of right now these are the only ones I can think of and I understand that not all killers are meant to be viable  but  that doesn't mean we can't have some quality of life changes

Only thing she needed to make her a top tier Killer is 115 speed.

She is just a mediocre hag at best with 110.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I would of been happy with just normal run speed. But if they're going to keep her at 110% runspeed instead of the standard 115%, I'd like to see a faster cooldown on her ability since it's obvious we're supposed to use it to make up for the speed deficit.

• Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190
    rafiksom said:

That's why I said changes dumbass