Why do so many bully Baby Killers?

So, as a Myers Main im "trying" to learn, how to play Nurse and Huntress, but every single Time the Survivor notice that im a Baby Killer (with Nurse and Huntress) and bully the S**t out of me. Either that or i just get some compassion points. Thats so frustrating. How should i ever be able to learn these two Killers?

Cheers♥

Comments

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

in a time where DS is broken, console babies run amok in games, and a ranking system that would let a chimp get rank 1, its rare to get just a chill game

long-time survivor players are pretty jaded

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

Reminds me of a match on Ormond against a newer Nurse.

Never downed anyone (got like 2 hits the entire match), gens got done, got Tbagged at the exits by the other 3 Survivors.

Gave her my flashlight I found, let her down me, and let myself die to EGC so she gets Bloodpoints because it was a Rank 17 Nurse with 3 perks at tier 1.

TL;DR: Take my Bloodpoints and get some decent Perks.

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

instead of tea bagging try nodding, it seems way more friendly

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

"School of hard knocks" this is the creed of all multiplayer games. It's not pleasant, and often infuriating, but as long as you stick to it and do your best to adapt and power through all the BS until you get decent, you'll have fun again. Huntress and Nurse in particular are difficult to get used to, but also highly rewarding, and the survivors know how vicious decent/pro players are with them, so when they encounter an inexperienced Huntress or Nurse and have an Easy time for once against them, they tend to gloat. Again, this is infuriating, but it's all part of the multiplayer experience, so try not to take any of their bullying or insults too seriously, because if you just persevere, you're gonna get good with those killers, and they're gonna fear going up against you.

Up until then it's as I've said... "school of hard knocks" just take each loss as a learning experience, and adapt as best you can. Once you get decent, it'll feel well earned and you'll forget about posting this on the forums as it won't even matter anymore.

• TimeyWimeyStuff
    TimeyWimeyStuff Member Posts: 18

Even if i play serious / switch to my decent Killers, and i see a Survivor being considerate or just kind towards others or the Killer, im most likely to play along. There's no point in tryharding against a potentially new player. Like you said, It's the little things that count.

• BabyDweetMain
    BabyDweetMain Member Posts: 434

Honestly if a killer doesn't get a hook within 2 gens being done, I'll completely stop doing gens and look for the killer. I'll play around with them a bit and maybe give them a hit or two if I actually feel bad.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

Because survivors seem to enjoy only when somebody is suffering

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Fellow baby nurse here, and I'm trying to learn drunken nurse fu 😂😂😂.

I don't get the feeling that i'm being bullied so much as being mismatched with survivors I shouldn't be matched with. I shouldn't be going against tier 3 meta perk red rank survivors as a rank 13 baby nurse with less than 10-15 hrs using her.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

I'm also trying to main nurse now. I love her so much. I am now wearing her gorgeous red dress and although I'm still below average, I have gotten some 4k matches with her.

I am in this stage where you either perfom very well or relive your first match ever playing as her.

Her power is so unique and versatile that you'd have to just play her to suit your play style.

What I noticed, the thing that really made it extra complicated and frustrating for me was always swinging for a hit every time I blinked, even when I was nowhere near a survivor.

I love her mori too, now I can caress all the steves, Dwights, that hunk whose name I keep forgetting, Felix, etc.

It is so refreshing not having to care about a wall or pallet and whatever. She is so good, the only thing survivors can do is run towards you.

You just have to keep going, eventually you'll be too good with her that survivors would stand no chance.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,822

The bullying is it's own thing, but I think right now it's hard to learn the specialized killers if you don't already play them, because you get matched with people who have thousands of hours in the game while you're still trying to learn what your buttons do. This is why I still hope the MMR system gets working and the devs do the thing they talked about where you can get matched with lower ranks for a killer you're not good at.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

that just how survivors are

if all killer quit survivors wouldn't have a game.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

"that hunk whose name I keep forgetting"

Shirtless David will remember that.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,469

I don't bully killers at all if I can help it. As someone who doesn't play killer as often I see both sides of it. A lot of it comes from getting games where a killer destroys you and calls you trash, when you're given no breathing room at all and they use very powerful perks that you know if they didn't have them they wouldn't be as good.

Don't get me wrong I know they earned them and both sides have perks that can stack a game against the other. actually had a wraith that had zero perks and still played really well gave him props for it even if he didn't say anything back. It can be eye for an eye sometimes too. if Killers are going to be toxic so will I and vice versa.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Does it actually matter why they do it? Learn the killers, most people do tell you that you can expect alot of losses at the start. To be bullied is part of it, until at some point you will be good enough to no longer be bullied. Just practice and keep focus on your goal which is to learn these 2 killers.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Why do people bully baby survivors?

Okay, to be fair, that one is a little different because baby survivors are everywhere and you often have mix baby/veteran teams, but the principle is the same. Plenty of people, back when it was an actual thing, liked to derank and bully babies, killer and survivor alike.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited September 2020

Either Killers gonna kill or survivors gonna survive. And if the Killer is really bad at killing, Survivors gonna make their own excitement by walking up to your face with a flashlight and their teabags. Just the way it goes.

It's honestly not the majority of them that bully - it's just the few that do can really get under your skin especially when you're learning a new killer, have 1-2 yellow perks slotted... and things aren't even remotely close to fair... you just gotta grin, bear it, type "gg"... and requeue. One day, you'll have a level 50 killer, some solid builds, some great add-ons... then you can slot Mori for like 10 games straight and get your revenge.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

I'm a killer main, and I bully baby killers. I don't bm, but I'm not giving them a free kill. So yeah, I have no issues with running a baby nurse for five gens without being hit, because I'm a nurse main and I learned like that. That makes you learn faster, too, as I learned nurse in around a month or two, when it took me longer to learn demo, and on demo, I was not bullied, I was babied. I know it doesnt feel nice, but sooner or later you'll 4k easily with both.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

dont play myers, you will always get bullied as a myers

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Thats why you walk until you have Los. Just because you need to swing after predicting, and that increases fatigue time.

• TimeyWimeyStuff
    TimeyWimeyStuff Member Posts: 18

Wow, thanks for that detailed answer! I am in Fact not a Newbie. Im around 1K Hours now or so, and just recently decided to Learn these two Killers. I know its Dumb to expect to win every Match and such and im most certainly not expectingt that, but Survivors who take advantage of you're lack of Experience, especially with Killers who are new to you, is kinda mean imo.

Although im a Killer Main, i do play Survivor too. As well but as both Killer and Survivor, im pretty respectful to others. You can tell a Newbie from an well experienced player, so im not going to harsh on them. They usually get Hatch / Gate and i move on to the next Match. Its like you said "Dont expect respect if you dont respectt others" (wow what a tounge twister)

I visited this Forum here and there to check the Patchnotes or read a Post that i found via Google Search etc. but i now decided to actually join the Forum.

Cheers ♥

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392
    edited September 2020

Many survivor dont even understand that they bully (cuz they dont play Killer themself).

Sure you might not think about a move being toxic cuz you are chill while playing Survivor but the baby Killer is super stressed and stuff like unhooking 3sec after he hooked someone will hurt his feeling alot... and yet they do it all the time.

Its like the ultimate: You are weak so we unhook right after you hook cuz it wont matter move.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

What do you expect people to do? If you struggle to actually get any hits, then people are gonna 'bully' to get points themselves.

I'd just suggest playing KYF (Custom Games) and practice with friends or players you meet in ranked matches to learn them. Then go onto ranked when you're somewhat decent with that killer character.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

Yeah, when I was learning nurse I got a lot of those bully survivors. They're even more toxic when playing with their little friends. So what I've done is, take a print (if you're pc) save it somewhere that you can open and try to remeber their names (you'll play against them someday) and when you play against them again, either as your main killer or as a good nurse (you'll get there, eventually) you show 'em the first hook mori treatment.

Besides that, you just ignore what they're doing and go play another match, is just a stupid unbalanced game and the sooner you just don't give a f. to these kind of players the better you'll get.

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392

^Thats the hypocrite logic i am talkin about.

what he says is:

If you dont want survivor to bully you get good.

But if the Killer would tunnel and camp this person and someone would say " well if you dont want to get tunneled and camped just get good" he would be upset blame his teammates or the Killer for being toxic.

They EXPECT (its a given ofc) that the Killer is not exploiting the weakest Survivor by removing him from the Game as fast as possible. But its okay and logical to go full force vs a baby Killer cuz he just has to get gud.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

Resuming survivor's entitlement.

Yesterday I've downed a Feng next to a Dwight hooked (she had the great idea of trying to unhook him in my face), she tried to exploit the hook (going underneath it so I couldn't grab her).

Face camped both untill she got out of there.

TL;DR: Be ruthless, relentless, 99% of the time surivors will exploit ANYTHING that gives them the upper hand, so don't feel bad doing it as a killer.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832
    edited September 2020

I play Myers because I get bullied when I play Myers.

Once I get tier 3, they pay. It's so satisfying to kill that one survivor who thinks they're so good, and just knock them down a peg. Especially if you have the tombstone.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Everybody gangsta until the Nurse rolls up feeling pure hatred, covered in blood.

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229

It is a step that main killers have to pass, especially with the nurse but when you learn to play with her the bully will be you to them because she is the most strong killer

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

I say the same for a weak survivor. In fact, I play with weaker survivors and weak killer players and frequently do KYF with them to help them improve. So take your judgemental opinion elsewhere, love.

KYF exists for a reason, it isn't out of the question to practice a particular killer that you struggle with in a non-ranked environment before throwing yourself into ranked matches.

It's very entitled to expect online players to 'go easy' or baby-mode the match just to give the baby killer a good time. They shouldn't even care if they get bullied, because that just means the survivors are throwing themselves at you, which can also be seen as a learning oppertunity. Which clearly wemt right over the OP's head if he is complaining about being bullied.

That's the truth of the situation, love.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,905

I don't. And anyone who tries doesn't end up having a fun match.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

Survivors do NOT know what the Killer's level is until POST-GAME. We literally do NOT know if you are rank 1 or rank 20. The game never appropriately matches killers. So you can either be facing a 4-man De Pip Squad or 4 solo pugs that just finished off a bottle of wild Turkey each! So yes, they do need to fix ranks. But at the same time, the game has to pull from ranks. For the Fact that Q times need to be ideal! It comes with some fallout and that is some really bad matches! There just aren't enough DBD players in the world!

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    edited September 2020

Be mean to (new) killers, so they learn to be ruthless and inconsiderate towards survivors, so that you can complain they camp and tunnel as they no longer see the need to learn to play in a way that considers the survivors enjoyment of the game.

• Kumnut768

just play oni smh, he is better than myers in every way

• Kumnut768

why not play oni or plague they are both better versions of myers

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,905
    edited September 2020

So is Nurse, Spirit, and Freddy. I'm not looking for easy wins. I am looking for fun. I don't want to play Oni. Not a fan of the bam bam style. I have way more fun with Myers, and it feels more rewarding when I 4k with him.

• JimPickens666
    JimPickens666 Member Posts: 326

Because survivor is really easy to play at a competent level so people want to feel like gods.

Its a stupid toxic cycle because the people who do that don't play killer because its harder and they got bullied for it. Im a pretty good killer and think it can be more enjoyable but between the toxic survivors and general bullshit in the game I found myself maining survivor like most other people because killer is just too stressful to be fun for very long.

BUT a plus side is that survivor lobbies take 10x as long as killer lobbies and you meet a lot of tunnelers and campers because of how many people try their hardest to make people quit killer