Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is Dead By Daylight so popular when..

johnphilips
johnphilips Member Posts: 1

This game is nearly identical conceptually, but has vastly superior graphics, presentation, gameplay and mechanics?

Dead by Daylight is somehow in the top #21 Steam most played right now.

It also has very expensive DLC when trying to complete your collection. From what I recall, that was one of the most complained about aspects of this game.

For how good Evolve is, I'm sad to see it go so soon!

Comments

• jackal470
    jackal470 Member Posts: 122

I love DBD, nothing compares, atleast on console. I'm older so I love the iconic characters and the closest thing to a multi-player horror game. This game is amazing when everyone is solo and competent. Getting a good match with no communication except for perks makes it tense and nothing compares imo

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Evolve, whilst also being asymetrical PVP, has a totally different style focus. I would have loved to play evolve but back then I didn´t have the hardware required to do so (love monster horror also).

DBD has a unique ensemble of great characters. Most of the great (humanoid) horror icons are present, not to mention they also created awesome original characters with interesting abilities and backstories. The atmosphere, the setting, the lore, even the sound design and music, it all ties in to an intriguing package full of thrill and pleasure. There´s nothing like it.