Help this poor potatoe killer get better with blight

Options

As the title suggests I am the one who needs some help. Now to get this out of the way I have watched videos on youtube on blight of course. I have played him for 3 hours yet still have a rough time which is alright that is part of the fun. Although my problem is the maneuverability he has between a keyboard player and a controller player (yes I am a controller player btw).

This is not some rant or adjustments that need to be made for the killer itself. I am at fault if I am not learning fast enough and properly. So here on this discussion I would like some feedback on how to play around this issue more efficiently if possible. Or you can just recommend me some youtube or twitch channel of someone who knows.

Comments

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

Apparently blight is weak on controllers. Not really sure what you can.do about it though. Have you seen any console content creators play with blight well? That'll probably give you an idea of his limits.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

I play Blight on PS4 and my tips are to just keep a cool head during a slam, and take time to turn, move, and look to where you want to slam to next, rather than just spamming the power button in a panic so you don’t end the rush chain.

The add ons Pustula Dust or Rose Tonic that increase Slam duration are excellent “training wheels” for this. You get more time to choose where to rush to next, helping you relax and focus. Once you feel more confident and faster with choosing your next rush location those add ons can be ditched for the more interesting add ons.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Shattered Monocle. I don't like the jank add ons that face you towards a survivor in a game of loops. Aim, triangulate, devastate.

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641
    edited September 2020
    Options

If you mean that "See slam locations" brown addon Monocle then that is probably one of the least helpful addons given it can light up a part of the object then have you slide on that said wall because you didn't turn into it sharply enough. I'll say what @TheClownIsKing said is probably helpful for helping line up slams a bit more as training wheels if joystick sensitivity is the problem (I know I hate FPS games on consoles after playing them with a mouse for so long).

Anyways - I'll add in that a huge thing about learning Blight isn't just the addons but learning when his power is applicable, a lot of jungle gyms and even shacks are unsafe because survivors can't loop that window like most other killers once the Blight knows to use his power. Pay attention to random object or tree spawns (Especially around killer shack) as it can net you free broadside hits when they are going around the long side of anything - even those pesky pallet loops.

Stop using your power at unsafe small pallet loops - unnecessary and usually you go flying off somewhere giving them distance. Just play it like any other 115% M1 killer and you will usually get a hit - if they pre-drop the pallet then zone them to the side away from other tiles - kick the pallet then run them down with your power while they try to transition. 360s "can" be hard to deal with due to your low prespective but enough games and just slowing down your swings will usually take care of that (Dead Hards are going to be hit or miss to bait out like any other killer depending on the situation).

A lot of Blight's power comes from pressuring generators due to having 230% (the only equivalent a full out Hillbilly chainsaw charge which is also 230%) movement in his power and I would say his only "core" perk at the moment is Hillbilly's Tinkerers because he is one of the few SUPREMELY mobile killers that can make use of that 70% time to stop a generator from popping. Combined with Ruin+Undying its very popular at the moment but even without them - it's enough to net you a lot of info+pressure if playing to his strengths.

• Psychobeastz
    Psychobeastz Member Posts: 164
    Options

Yeah I need to find someone or probably watch xbox videos on it.

• Psychobeastz
    Psychobeastz Member Posts: 164
    Options

I don't remember the names but I usually run the slam duration since I believe it gives me more of an opportunity to adjust my direction, but also steering just cause its very difficult otherwise in the majority of scenarios(at least with my skill level). Thanks for the feedback and see you in the fog.