The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What is more stressful to play, Killer or Survivor?

goblinkiller50
goblinkiller50 Member Posts: 16
edited September 2020 in Polls

What is more stressful to play, Killer or Survivor? 148 votes

Killer
81%
WeederickErgoPr0xyBardGibberishAdelooInjiBlueberrySchinderellajuk3ta1ent[Deleted User]TapeKnotF60_31DemiurgKnucklesFog_KingRaptorrotasUnnamed_FreakAetherBytesxEaWalker_of_the_fog_96 120 votes
Survivor
10%
altruisticWhite_OwlAcromioTriglavStanley12363MrsGhostfaceParallaxAllhel1ChurchofPigsad_killer_mainRattiusTheWisp2006PotatoBunnyBates_The_TurtleQueenton 15 votes
Both
8%
Slaughterhouse3SaitamfedArcticWolfanonymous31337PigMainClaudettebm33VeckmanPior_MorteFobboPaaseiRockatanskyTheButcher6641JimVTube 13 votes
Post edited by Inji on

Comments

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818
    Killer

For the first year I had the game, I could only play killer, because survivor made me anxious. Recently, I switched to mostly playing survivor. It turns out that, now that I understand what's going on, how the maps are laid out, what the normal game flow is, etc, survivor is a much more relaxed and peaceful way to play.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028
    Killer

As someone who can say theyve played both sides enough, Its definitely killer. A single killer fuckup can cost a gen, sometimes two. A single survivor ######### up costs 1 health state usually, and then theres 3 hook states, and (while I dont use them) theres the exhaustion perks that can give one more chance.

• anonymous31337
    anonymous31337 Member Posts: 192
    Both

After 2000 hours I don't think playing killer is that stressful anymore.

On the other hand playing survivor gets worse with every update. You are more and more reliant on your teammates and because matchmaking and ranking system suck, teammates are getting worse every month.

If nothing changes soon, solo survivor can become way more stressful than playing killer.

• Parallax
    Parallax Member Posts: 273
    edited September 2020
    Survivor

After playing killer for ~1k hours I rarely get stressed playing. Solo Queue on the other hand is a nightmare, since relying on randoms will almost never turn out fine. I do understand the frustrations of playing killer though.

Post edited by Parallax on
  • RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    Killer

It's insane how much impact one killer mistake can have on the match.

You slightly misjudge one swing, they get to a strong vault, you get looped for an extra 15 seconds, and now everyone, including the person you are chasing is healed and out the exit gates because not ending chase earlier allowed their team to pop Adrenaline.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Killer

Depending on the map I can have a phone conversation while playing survivor and still run certain tiles till the Killer has to kick the pallet. Next

• TheButcher6641
    TheButcher6641 Member Posts: 252
    Both

I voted both but have since changed my opinion to killer. As survivor you can twist and turn, hide, run or vault to avoid your killer. Now it's not so great to be on the receiving end of that. You can come so close to hitting a survivor and then they just turn around and run directly at you and you're shocked so you swing but you've missed and next thing you know the exit gates are open and you've been utterly defeated.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Killer

Killer, for sure.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Both

Both.

As a killer is stressful when you're using someone you're not used or being bullied, being reliant to survivor mistakes is something that doesn't make a better experience, is not chess, it's a game where you're the brutal, merciless killer for God's sake.

As a survivor being reliant in your so-called teammates or sabotaged by them is stressful as well. Being camped or tunneled when you are the first survivor it's stressful as well, I mean, you did nothing in the entire match, what's the point to be there? I can understand under certain circumstances like three people attempting a rescue but please.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Both

Even if you pressure the map/chase if they are a coordinated group you will be outplayed as well.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Neither, the game is almost balanced, and both sides are fun for me, I like killer more though.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152
    Both

Solo survivor is stressful because it can feel like your teammates are working with the killer instead of each other. Killer stressful if you're up against good team with weak killer.

• DecemberMan
    DecemberMan Member Posts: 30
    Killer

Survivor can be stressful, especially with a crappy team, but compared to the Killer they have downtime. Killers do not have any downtime and if they do, they have already lost.

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657
    Killer

Survivors have tons of downtime and more room for error.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Both

Both have their own stresses. Killers it is more prominent, in that you always have to be going 100% all the time, where as in survivor you have to worry about if people will actually help you and limited resource management within items.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Survivor

I'm just better at killer

• PotatoBunny
    PotatoBunny Member Posts: 4
    Survivor

I'm terrible at killer, but I find it more stressful at times to be survivor. Depending what type of group you get, the comments afterwards base on your play style can be extremely toxic. It is great to come across kind killers and kind survivors. :0)

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061
    Killer

Playing as Survivor you just chill and hold m1 for like 80% of the match, and you have so much leeway to recover from mistakes its not even funny.

Playing as Killer on the other hand you need to constantly juggle a dozen different things at a time, essentially be in multiple places at once, and even a minor screw-up can cost you the game.

• ArcticWolf
    ArcticWolf Member Posts: 44
    Both

It really depends. If im playing as a killer i dont play much against high rank survivors then i get more stressed. But if im a survivor it depends on which killer it is,if they have a mori,if they tunnel/camp,and if my fellow survivors just randomly dc after being hit once.

• ArcticWolf
    ArcticWolf Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2020
    Both

I mean if a survivor dcs at the start of the match it is harder for other survivors. If theres 4 gens left,1 dc,and 1 hooked your kinda ######### especially if your newer to the game.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061
    Killer

That's an irregularity, not a part of normal gameplay. People arent supposed to DC, and it should be more heavily punished.