The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is there a Halloween Event?

2»

Comments

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

It would be strange not to have one for this game

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited September 2018
    @not_Queen Why not for the event seeing as its a holiday based around scare's and horror the entity lowers the distance a heartbeat can be heard or make it harder to tell if close or not because the survivors are in a constant state of panic also I'm one for trick or treat chests and lockers chest treat is a vr/ur item for the survivors trick they get wounded or downed by something and for killers treat they step into the locker and are teleported to a survivor near to one trick you get stunned for 20seconds while survivors treat they get away trick they spawn in the basement and cant get out for 20 seconds alone so its a race when the audio cue hits to be there first there for a hook or a bp rescue
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    @not_Queen are the Halloween event and the Mid-Chapter patch one patch or 2 seperate updates since they both are around the same time?
  • Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

hope we get a new Halloween toolbox, we got the medkit and the flashlight!we need the toolbox version

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Can't wait to make a scary pumpkin <3

• BabyKitty
    BabyKitty Member Posts: 37
    not_Queen said:

As @Peanits mentionned, nothing has been announced.
    But I am curious, what would you like to see in a DbD Halloween event?

Id be happy with the same stuff as last year. The music, background, items. Maybe with a few new cosmetics.

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502

@fcc2014 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Temporary Halloween styled skins? Like the mummy, Dracula, zombies, werewolf, etc.

Silly stuff as a temp costume I would be good with but that seems like a lot of work for the team. I wonder if they could have maybe a "holiday pack" in the store you buy special outfits worn only during events this way they get more than 1 use. Maybe $10 or something. Any temporary costumes(halloween, santa hats, event themed costumes) would be part of this package. $10 for Survivors $10 for Killers maybe a deal if you buy both.

If they add certain Halloween themed cosmetics...I would wear them all the time...never mind the flashiness. Bring on cute werewolves and all the witches please.

• FoggyWeather_
    FoggyWeather_ Member Posts: 163
    edited September 2018

@not_Queen
    cough gonna drop the halloween cosmetics idea that I posted on another thread.

Halloween:

Survivors:
    Dwight - Mummy
    Jake - Werewolve
    Meg - Vampire
    Claudette - Witch
    Nea - Grim Reaper
    Laurie - Michael Myers (Bloody Overall)
    Ace - Vampire Hunter or Phantom of the Opera-esque Phantom
    David - Frankenstein's Monster
    Feng Min - Cosplay of a character of one of her games
    David Tapp - Robo-Cop
    Quentin and Bill - Zombies
    Kate - Banshee

Killer:
    Trapper - Mine Worker (With a headlight)
    Wraith - Goblin
    Hillbilly - Sasquatch (Big Foot)
    Nurse - Weeping Angel
    Michael - New masks from other Halloween movies (the clown mask or the one from the newest movie or his ghost costume)
    Hag - Skeleton/Zombie
    Huntress - Werewolve
    Doctor - Plague Doctor
    Leatherface - Of of his alternative costumes (Black Suit)
    Freddy - Original Freddy
    Pig - Billy Suit and Face Paint (saw an awesome fan-art)
    Clown - Pennywise-esque or circus-themed

Post edited by FoggyWeather_ on
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

I just want my spooky tunes back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m4AVjPt7tU

• BabyKitty
    BabyKitty Member Posts: 37
    @Mc_Harty
    yes!!! Best theme music
  • Gkatana
    Gkatana Member Posts: 3
    not_Queen said:

I would love for the Halloween menu music and theme to come back. Loved it last year. As for in game, maybe some event items, or Halloween cosmetics we can earn. 
  • ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    Mc_Harty said:

I have it set as my ring tone right now. I started playing the game during the Halloween event last year so it’s loaded with nostalgia too. 
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Mc_Harty said:

I have it set as my ring tone right now. I started playing the game during the Halloween event last year so it’s loaded with nostalgia too. 
    Thank You! Gonna see how I can set this as my ring tone 😍 Wasn't around for it but I loooove it! Ty Ty Ty 😁
  • ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    edited September 2018
    Mc_Harty said:

Thank You! Gonna see how I can set this as my ring tone 😍 Wasn't around for it but I loooove it! Ty Ty Ty 😁
    I have an iPhone and I make ringtones via iTunes. I downloaded the m4a version of the music on YouTube and then used iTunes to trim etc. All kinds of resources on google to help you learn how to do it :-) good luck. 
  • Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

@not_Queen said:

I don't really mind what the objective of the Halloween event is. I just want some really cool Halloween themed cosmetics. I feel like most people just care about being able to get some really cool thematic cosmetics during events.

• FunC
    FunC Member Posts: 65

@xChrisx said:
    New outfits theme halloween pls

This. We love cosmetics and IT IS HALLOWEEN, it's so obvious. Give us some funny/creepy/sexy halloween costumes!

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    edited September 2018

@not_Queen said:

if u guys cant work on new one than just give us the old halloween event back. that cant be so much work for u guys. just having nothing for halloween would be pretty awkward and a shame for this game.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Spoopy tunes! Yo, would be dope to have a halloween firework and toolbox. And some halloween cosmetics. Something to make the spirit look like sally from nightmare before christmas.
  • slingshotsurvivor
    @not_Queen have the Devs seen this thread? Lots of great ideas 😍
  • @not_Queen said:

I would like to see a few QoL buffs for Michael, like him being able to stalk multiple survivors like during his release and a few cosmetics for Michael would be very nice.

• slingshotsurvivor

@not_Queen said:

I would like to see a few QoL buffs for Michael, like him being able to stalk multiple survivors like during his release and a few cosmetics for Michael would be very nice.

What are your ideas on how the Devs can make this game more festive for Halloween? 
  • douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    For Halloween it would be nice for another double BP event or one that will never happen I don't think triple bloodpoints or quadruple bloodpoints. Isnt triple a bloodfeast
  • Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

@not_Queen Personally, a new map (or cosmetic variants of some of the current maps, possibly with a cheap/common addon to ensure we can go to them?) Also, possibly the same BP event like the summer, the hooks and the gens, except, you know, Halloween themed.

Maybe with the addition of a small regular boost to the event items, regardless of an offering? The hooks the summer gave 5.5k apiece. Maybe have it so that if you didn't burn an offering, you get 500 apiece? You get the idea. A small incentive to go after them even without the offering.

Some more cosmetics would be nice. I was about to suggest a pumpkin mask for the trapper or billy, but apparently someone beat me to it a year ago, for the nurse.. :3 Actually, I would REALLY love a wider variety of cosmetics. Maybe have more cosmetics, but instead of being only earned in game, have them be available for purchase X amount of weeks after the event?

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    we need steve
  • slingshotsurvivor

@not_Queen said:

If they came out new cosmetics that fit the new Halloween movie, I think that would blow people away...