Why was Blight buffed?

He already seemed pretty strong.His mobility on the map is really good and even though he's not the easiest killer to master,once you do it,it becomes as deadly if not better than a pro nurse.

Now not only he moves fast on a pretty low cooldown power,insta destroying pallets and breakable walls seems a bit overwhelming while so many old killers are still waiting for their tweaks and buffs.Trapper,Pig,Clown still waiting for their big buffs or rework.

Comments

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

He's still trash, though.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

It's slower than just kicking it.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

It was a Buff which was not needed, this is true. But it is also nothing which makes him OP. Because the power does not really help to destroy dropped Pallets, its not like he is breaking them faster. But it helps with the situation that the Survivor is dropping the Pallet and Blight would need to end his ability, go into fatique and then kick the Pallet.

But yeah, when looking at other Killers, it was not something which needed to have any priority.

MAYBE it was to lower the backlash for the Nerf of Compound-21, but honestly, if someone really thought this Add On was ok, they were just biased.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

It's not needed but I guess they did it to put him more in line with the other killers that can do it like Demo and the chainsaw boys.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Calling him better than a pro nurse is a little extreme

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

He's not quite as good as people think..heck I barely see him anymore already..I believe its to help with his issues with certain maps

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited September 2020

The fact you think he's on par or better than a pro Nurse makes everything you have to say about balance completely irrelevant.

It wasn't a good thing to be in your power and have a survivor drop the pallet, only for you to have to wait for your power to end as you sit in it, enter fatigue, break the pallet and wait for your power to recharge while the survivors walks away. Guess what? Even Oni, a character who has insane mobility in his power can break a pallet inside of it.

He still has the issue of a survivor simply moving to the left or right, using Dead Hard, or hiding behind an object as a means to completely negate his power. That's very little effort on the survivors part for what may be a ton of effort on the Blight's. I suppose it's easy for people who don't understand how to counter a killer in their power, or they simply play against bad survivors, to understand the fatal flaws a killer has but still manages to think they're S tier.

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704
    edited September 2020

You probably cant see his potential yet but its alright,he's still pretty new.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

It’s not as dramatic a buff as many think.

As @Aven_Fallen (I hope I got this right) said in another thread, before this change, if a survivor threw down a pallet early while Blight was rushing, he’d have to wait for the slam cool down to finish, then the ACTUAL cool down/injection before he could then either move or manually break the pallet, which was unfairly punishing.

Its not like it will be more efficient to intentionally use this method to break pallets, because attacks can only be done from the second rush onwards.

• Shi
    Shi Member Posts: 156

this week, I never see him in red ranks.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I'm not even sure I would call it a buff, it doesn't seem to make him any stronger. More of a QoL change, really, though that's just my opinion and I totally get that it fits the definition of a buff.

Still waiting on that FoV raise.

• Pokino
    Pokino Member Posts: 86

Blight is one of most understimated killers of the game. I good hands is TOP tier, trust me. His ability denies most of windows of the map, and denies also reaching next pallet/structure after break a pallet... this buff is insane, maybe you dont see it yet... but you'll see.

I have 4300 hours by the way, i know im talking about, trust me.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

"He already >>>>seemed<<<< pretty strong"

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636
    edited September 2020

Like what everyone said, it’s a nice buff but not it’s not needed