The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

September Cross Progression

Earlier in the year, it was stated that Steam, Google Stadia, and Switch would be receiving cross progression in September of 2020. Being that it is currently September 26th, we only have five more days left until October, so cross progression is most likely coming soon. In this regard, what are some expectations that we can see?

The original post mentioned that some accommodations will be made for licensing rights (most likely referring to the Nightmare chapter); what accommodations will there be? Will newer platforms finally get this chapter, only through cross progression? What's preventing the chapter from coming straight to these platforms?

What will happen with the current currencies we have? Will they be combined or will the new account only take the highest currency? What about if you have two of the same cosmetic or DLC and they become combined? Will the extra purchases be refunded or is it a 'buyer beware' sort of thing?

What will this do in terms of the accounts? Will you still be able to turn off crossplay but keep playing with the merged account? Would you be able to combine several accounts of the same platform? Would the current player ID's be valid when you merge accounts? Will friends of two separate accounts be merged? Will special sales for one platform be shared in a merged account?

With little time left until the deadline, we still have little information on cross progression for this game. Post any thoughts or opinions about what cross progression will entail, what you hope to see, and what you wish will never come of this.

Comments

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

You can read it here:

But the general gist seems to be that you will link your account(s) to a BHVR account which should then be able to merge your progress across all platforms and then track it on all of them from there.

It should try to keep the best-progressed versions of all your characters. If you've got a P3 Dwight on one and a P3 Jake on another, you should then have both on all platforms you play on (provided they have Cross Progression support). If you have one character at different levels on both (such as a P1 Myers on one account and a P3 Myers on another), then it will keep the higher-leveled version of the character.

This is just my speculation, but it will probably also track all cosmetics you own so that you (ideally) don't lose any in the merger. This may even allow them to monitor which players earn special event cosmetics while they're available, so that these could possibly be returned in the future in the even any are lost to glitches.

All Shards and Auric Cells should merge. BP will probably merge too, but I don't know if they'll allow excess BP to overflow beyond the cap (so you might want to spend a bunch of it first, but we'll see).

Their team will presumably say more when this feature is ready.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

So if cosmetics merge, if I have a p3 ash on pc with no perks and p1 ash on switch with all perks will I end up with a p3 as with all perks?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

You will probably end up with only the p3 version. But all cosmetics from the Switch Version would be transferred. So not all perks unlockedy

i think that is how they described it in the latest Q&A.