Chapter Concept - He Who Hunts Monsters

2»

Comments

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@Doccy said:
    @alivebydeadight Thank you for the support, my friend.

No believe me I love this type of work, its a balanced killer, love the ability, add ons are amazing for killer, survivor is pretty good and perks are made for me, im not joking the survivor perks are made for me, please developers if you need a killer for the game this is the one

• Doccy
    Doccy Member Posts: 103

Frederick Harrington's perks have been given a slight rewrite, so that the description is more clear and easily understandable.

• Doccy

Frederick Harrington has been given his backstory - an ambitious man whose life was diagnosed to soon end thanks to cancer, chose to go out by his own terms only to be taken by the Entity. Now, Harrington fights tooth and nail in the Trials to survive, no matter to the depths he might have to sink to in order to survive.

• Doccy

Frederick's first Teachable, Jury-Rigging has been renamed to Perfectionism, as to fit more with the theme of the perk.

• Doccy

The Raven's Charge power has been retooled into a dash power that gives burst mobility like the Nurse, but far weaker and cannot cross terrain.

• Doccy
    The big post itself has had a few errors ironed out, and it should look spotless and much easier to read now.
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

You obviously put a lot of work into this and there are some great ideas in there. I do have some healthy criticisms though.

Perfectionism- I see no reason why the killer should get an audio cue when you successfully complete a skill check. The removal of a normal skill check range is handicap enough.

Dark Bargain- I really like this concept for an exhaustion mechanic. I think it could last a little longer though. Maybe 5/7/9 seconds based on rank. And the exhaustion shouldn't start to wear off until the invisibility is broken.

Perseverance- I think both the highs and lows should be adjusted. I think if you are hooked removing 2 tokens would be enough. Most of the time that would be all tokens anyway. I also think the maximum number of tokens should be adjusted to 2/3/4. 20% bonus action speed is a lot! But if you managed to get hit 4 times w/o being hooked then you deserve it.

The killer seems a bit overpowered to me. 20 seconds of aura reading is a lot. And not being able to use pallets during that time is very troubling. Whether the dash AOE attack is overpowered or not really depends on details. Like how big of a dash are we talking about. As for the killer's perks:

Obsession: Relentless Pursuit is tied too closely to the killer's abilities. Remember, this is a teachable perk. Other killers don't have innate ability to see survivors auras. This might even be completely broken with Freddy.

Tear it Down: This is insanely broken. 10% movement speed is a lot. 15 seconds is way too long for that much movement bonus. Pallets might as well not exist since you would be guaranteed to catch the survivor after breaking one. Especially if paired with Brutal Strength. If it was given the Spirit's Fury treatment where it only happens every 3rd pallet maybe.

Hex: Nevermore: I'm torn on this one. On one hand it doesn't do anything until a survivor is killed. So this intrinsically encourages camping which is not a good thing. 50% penalty for working on gens is too much and the audio notification of working on a regressing gen is just too much. The more I think about it, the less I like what this would do to the game. I think a healthier version would have a different trigger event than sacrificing. Such as after 2 or 3 generators are complete. I'm good with 100% regression penalty, but the progression penalty needs to be lowered substantially.

• Doccy

@Dreamnomad said:
    You obviously put a lot of work into this and there are some great ideas in there. I do have some healthy criticisms though.

Perfectionism- I see no reason why the killer should get an audio cue when you successfully complete a skill check. The removal of a normal skill check range is handicap enough.

Dark Bargain- I really like this concept for an exhaustion mechanic. I think it could last a little longer though. Maybe 5/7/9 seconds based on rank. And the exhaustion shouldn't start to wear off until the invisibility is broken.

Perseverance- I think both the highs and lows should be adjusted. I think if you are hooked removing 2 tokens would be enough. Most of the time that would be all tokens anyway. I also think the maximum number of tokens should be adjusted to 2/3/4. 20% bonus action speed is a lot! But if you managed to get hit 4 times w/o being hooked then you deserve it.

The killer seems a bit overpowered to me. 20 seconds of aura reading is a lot. And not being able to use pallets during that time is very troubling. Whether the dash AOE attack is overpowered or not really depends on details. Like how big of a dash are we talking about. As for the killer's perks:

Obsession: Relentless Pursuit is tied too closely to the killer's abilities. Remember, this is a teachable perk. Other killers don't have innate ability to see survivors auras. This might even be completely broken with Freddy.

Tear it Down: This is insanely broken. 10% movement speed is a lot. 15 seconds is way too long for that much movement bonus. Pallets might as well not exist since you would be guaranteed to catch the survivor after breaking one. Especially if paired with Brutal Strength. If it was given the Spirit's Fury treatment where it only happens every 3rd pallet maybe.

Hex: Nevermore: I'm torn on this one. On one hand it doesn't do anything until a survivor is killed. So this intrinsically encourages camping which is not a good thing. 50% penalty for working on gens is too much and the audio notification of working on a regressing gen is just too much. The more I think about it, the less I like what this would do to the game. I think a healthier version would have a different trigger event than sacrificing. Such as after 2 or 3 generators are complete. I'm good with 100% regression penalty, but the progression penalty needs to be lowered substantially.

Holy [BLEEP], actual constructive criticism? The Entity must have rewarded my effort. Give me a day, and I'll give you a good response in return. Cos you've got a lot of good points, and I've got some editing to do.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

@Doccy said:

Holy [BLEEP], actual constructive criticism? The Entity must have rewarded my effort. Give me a day, and I'll give you a good response in return. Cos you've got a lot of good points, and I've got some editing to do.

Feels good right? I've been thinking about Hex: Nevermore. This is what I think a balanced version would look like.

Hex: Nevermore - Once 2 generators have been powered, if there is a dull totem this hex is applied to it. Generators regress 50/75/100% faster. Receive an audio indication if a regressing generator outside your terror radius is being repaired. Survivors get a 15% penalty to generator repair and sabotage speed.

• kyuu
    kyuu Member Posts: 32
    Doccy said:

Finally, The Raven has gotten a bio. He was once a detective who ran afoul of an Entity-worshipping cult who injected him with a mysterious drug known as 'Revelation' which caused him to see visions of the Entity. Horrified and enraged he killed the entire cult and tore out his eyes so he wouldn't have to look at the Entity anymore. Now he roams the Trials in service of the Entity, his old self gone and replaced with nothing but hatred.

The fact that he is obsessed with a murder case is a lot like the detective tapp lore
  • Doccy

All the new Teachable Perks have been reworked once again, in particular with Tear It Down having been hit with the nerf hammer. Plus, the section of the post dedicated to Harrington has been cleaned up to look much sleeker and be a better and easier read.

• Twinkletits
    Twinkletits Member Posts: 60

Damn I really like the survivor perks, freaking sound amazing.

• Doccy

The text of Harrington's perk Dark Bargain has been rewritten slightly, as to so its terminology fits the other Exhaustion perks.

• Doccy

@Twinkletits said:
    Damn I really like the survivor perks, freaking sound amazing.

Glad you like them. I wanted to give Survivor players who are more skilled a reason to play in a risky manner, rewarding them for playing with Perks that could prove dangerous in the long run to run. Something interesting and unique, rather than just being another Decisive Strike or Self-Care.

• Doccy

A few of the addon descriptions have been changed as to fit more with the new backstory The Raven has - to hopefully help make his general story more coherent, but also add in a few mysteries that may or may not go unanswered...

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    edited November 2018

Perfectionism sounds like the biggest middle finger to Ruin. Also, it seems to remove the purpose of Stake Out, but then again, at least you get the normal skill check size for that perk.

• Doccy

@Saint_Ukraine said:
    Perfectionism sounds like the biggest middle finger to Ruin. Also, it seems to remove the purpose of Stake Out, but then again, at least you get the normal skill check size for that perk.

You'd be correct in that assumption - a lot of the criticisms I get from my circle of friends who mainly play Survivor about Ruin isn't the progress debuff, it's just that it feels like it's something you have to trudge through rather than work around. Hence why I made Perfectionism.

Also yes, in fact it's intentional that it makes Stake Out not work in conjunction, because there is no way that Perfectionism would ever be fair if you could combine it with Stake Out.

• Doccy

Some minor wording changes have been implemented, some addons have been changed and a new Common addon has been created. A sixth Common addon is under consideration, but is still a work in progress.

The Raven's backstory has also been slightly changed as to make more sense.

• Doccy

The Raven has received two new addons that grant him added abilities upon using his Dash ability, as well as some slight wording changes here and there.

• Doccy

The Raven's backstory has had some slight wording changes to be less repetitive and more coherent.

• Doccy

All Perks have been given a slight touch as to be both more readable - and a minor balance change while we're at it.

• Doccy

A new skin description has been added, and another major rework is on its way. The Raven will likely lose his dash ability in favor of something else.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

This is very amazing! Blendettes need DARK BARGAIN now, since the cosmetic change. Anyway i love the concept you made.😻

• Doccy

The Raven has had his Dash ability removed, and a few addons have been removed in turn. He is already a 115% movement speed Killer with perks suited for the chase, he didn't really need it.

Some new addons will be added in the future.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

Really good job you did here! I love it! 😀

• Doccy

Some of the written parts of The Raven's addons and perks have been changed to better suit his lore.

• Doccy

A rework of this Chapter Concept is in progress in order to make it fit in better with the updated state of the game. His old Dash ability has been removed and replaced with a new secondary ability, and two of his three Teachable perks, Obsession: Relentless Pursuit and Hex: Nevermore have been reworked. Hex: Nevermore in particular is still unfinished.