Am i the only one, who totally hates the new "Graphics"?

TimeyWimeyStuff
TimeyWimeyStuff Member Posts: 18

I just cant play those Maps with these so called "better graphics. Its just horrible. I might actually quit the the game if those changes continue.

What are your Thoughts about the new look?

Am i the only one, who totally hates the new "Graphics"? 63 votes

Horrible!
4%
CrythorxEaOBX 3 votes
Meh, its okay.
25%
Science_GuyDoctor_GrizzHeartboundNekoGamerXmichaelmortonABannedCatSunaIIanuDawnMadGreyBigfootbm33Pior_MorteGoodLookinCookinRepostRiposteHex_LlamaJacksRevengejotaro 16 votes
I like it!
69%
MandySnakeSound222HorsePowerSeiko300Inji[Deleted User]YamaokaCashelP14Fog_KingToxicity23doitagain_musstang62pushkinaTaigaUistreelNebulaConeAhoyWolfCornpopers_EvanthenegativoneVikingWilson 44 votes

Comments

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,978
    I like it!

I really like the new graphics, it makes the game seem much fresher to me.

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442
    edited October 2020
    I like it!

I love the new graphics, but I will admit I miss the blue tint from the old MacMillan maps...

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited October 2020
    Horrible!

Badham is alright, but McMilian looks so far really terrible. RIP

I am not a fan of the new graphic overal because i think the game needs better gameplay and not better looks. Focus on that..

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    I like it!

I like the new graphics, however I do believe that BHVR should have worked on core elements of the game that need to be refined. Hopefully, Not Otzdarva's community made patch notes will get to the devs.

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296
    Horrible!

I hate it all MacMillan maps look the same now but the worst is that the maps feel way more clustered now and more field of view is blocked.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    I like it!

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone doesn't like the new graphics, objectively they just straight up look better- I don't know what else to say about that.

And there's definitely no way that they're going to backtrack on the graphic overhaul, this is something they're planning on doing over the course of a full year and are in the midst of changing as we speak so there's definitely 100% absolutely no going back on this. Not only that, but the game is being ported onto Next Gen consoles like the PS5 and Xbox X, so they're obviously making them better in time for that release so everything looks better and it looks the same, at least relatively speaking, across all platforms. So better get used to it, otherwise, I guess yeah quit if you want, but I will say that of all the reasons to quit the game "I don't like how it looks anymore" stands to be one of the dumbest to warrant leaving.

So I'll chalk this up to the concept that people "don't like change" and that's about it.

It's not unnecessary when you consider that the game is confirmed to be ported / released for next generation consoles like PS5 and Xbox X. When people buy games for brand new consoles, they expect them to look amazing and the ones that don't obviously are poorly reviewed (with exception of course to retro games and things like that, but DBD is not retro and is a live-service game that is continually getting updates so it has no excuse and is not exempt). Because the game is being released on brand new consoles it needs to look better but more importantly it needs to look the same (at least relatively) across all platforms.

• TimeyWimeyStuff
    TimeyWimeyStuff Member Posts: 18

Yeah true. Dead by Daylight doesn't need excellent graphics etc. I don't play the game for stupidly long grass, that always sticks into your face.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,822
    Meh, its okay.

I honestly had no problem with the way the game looked before, and I don't really care about changing the look, now. The only thing I'm worried about is the darkening of all the maps. I get that, from a design POV, the lighting is more dramatic/dynamic/realistic or whatever, but I would just rather be able to see where I'm going.

It also makes the design look kind of low budget, IMO. It's a well-known trick that, if you don't have money for your game, you make everything super dark to cover up where you're cutting corners. That's not what's happening here, but the visual effect is the same.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    I like it!

It looks cool, but they don't need to take priority over gameplay. I'll take lower graphics if it means the map is better balanced.

• Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387
    I like it!

Dunno, I really like it that way.

Makes it feel very faster and clearer! Smooth too.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    I like it!

Visually it looks amazing. I can only fear it'll affect performance for some of us who have "decent", not "pro gaming" computers.

Also, dude... quitting the game just for that? You and me know that won't happen.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    I like it!

So far, I have liked the changes they made and it makes the maps look better.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    I like it!

I quite like the updates, however I may have to downgrade my settings eventually, I just really want them to upgrade the facial structure and appearances of the survivors

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165
    Meh, its okay.

I feel like the individuality of the realms is going away with each graphic update which is a shame.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Meh, its okay.

It messes with my mental memory of the maps. I'm used to every map looking a particular way so even if it's just a fresh coat of paint/new breakable walls it throws me off.