Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Ok be honest, how often do you really get camped or tunneled ?

13»

Comments

• filipscary
    filipscary Member Posts: 4

I play survivor in the solo queue, maybe like 10 out of 20 games i play either me or other people would be tunneled/camped and sometimes even more than that. Of course there would be days when none of this would happen and i must say that i cherish those moments.

• self_healer
    self_healer Member Posts: 29

Well... I mean quite a bit every day, but it's mainly those games where I barely even did anything for some reason, but they were leather faces, and tunneled because I was actually using my brain besides most times and think about my loops and pallets, which is just a few stuns which I still don't understand why it's happening, anyone else?

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360
    edited October 2020

If it is a console killer, 90% of the time me/my team gets camped and tunneled. I don't know why this is, but other have confirmed that on console its a rampant problem and common. Now that console killers are in the mix, its more and more common to get camped and tunneled. What's amazing to me... is a red rank console killers can just face camp with hag/spirit and rank up... I wish hard resets still happened for ranks, but I digress.

Furthermore, the auto aim and latency issues I notice with console killers is ridiculous. I can be miles away from pallets/windows vaults and I get hit. I can throw pallets early and still get hit.

I personally don't run ds or exhaustion perks, because I think they are cheap and require no skill. So I just die.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

I've been tunneled more then camped. Sad part is, it would always happen when I did an Up the Ante+Slippery Meat kobe without DS...

I've only been hard camped outside of EGC or basement a few times- and most of them tended to be Onis for some reason.

Tunneling is a lot more common. While it definitely doesn't happen every game, it happens enough to be annoying. While it doesn't happen to me personally very often, I see it happen to teammates constantly. Whether it be someone from my SWF, or randos, tunneling is common.

I have noticed though that it usually happens the most to the weak links of teams. People who aren't good at looping tend to get tunneled more then good runners. I'm assuming it's just a case of wanting to get them out of the game early because it's easy to do gens and it saves you time as killer- but it does suck for the guy it happens to. I've had games and seen games where the Survivor won't even get over 5k points when they die because they were tunneled to death without DS.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,176

Camping does happen to me, but rarely. I don't consider patrolling an area around me to spot for survivors, or chasing survivors who hang around the hook as camping. I've been face-camped exceptionally rarely, and one time I fully deserved it.

Tunnelling does happen, and the tendency for it being more often done by newer players getting used to the game, or during the end game - both of which I can understand. On the rare occasion I'm tunneled by a more experienced individual it's annoying.

However, whatever happens, being bitter in post-chat about it is absolutely pointless; making the Killer laugh and only making the tunneled individual more angry. Best to accept it and move on.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I wonder how many people who pretty much never play survivor upvoted that second post.

Getting proxy camped, hard camped or tunneled are a regular occurrence. Do they happen every game? No. Every other game? No. Do they always happen to ME personally in the trial? No. Is it always to be toxic? No, sometimes it's the smartest move that killer could make. But they happen plenty. Suggesting they rarely happen is pretty absurd, IMO. Sometimes you log in to play and it's the very first 1 or 2 matches straight you get tunneled or camped and it's enough to shut the game off for the day.

And claiming 99% of toxicity comes from survivors is some extreme bias. But you do you. Easy upvotes on this forum.

• PrissyCoyote
    PrissyCoyote Member Posts: 10

I main survivor and I don't do any of the teabagging, flashlight, etc.. I just end up running the killer for a long time. But when I'm finally hooked 8/10 killers will tunnel, and 3/10 will camp. It's very annoying, I get why but like I'm just trying to survive my guy. Also about 1/10 will dc because they chased me for 4 gens, sometimes not even that.

• quazzi76
    quazzi76 Member Posts: 77

I read that a lot of you complain about the killer camping or tunneling you. Have you stopped to consider the reason the killers probably do it? Is it because the killers are tired of the idiots whom play "RING-AROUND-THE-ROSIE". Idiots who like to taunt at the end of the game instead of going threw the gate waiting till the last second. If the survivors want to play "ASSININE" so should the killers. Camping and Tunneling to bad, stop screwing with the killer and the killers might stop screwing with you. But hey it is easier to complain and whine that someone is ruining your day by not playing fair though right?

• Ancille
    Ancille Member Posts: 37

Tunneled fairly frequently (I also take a lot of hits for people and play like a bodyguard so I somewhat expect it), but rarely face camped unless its endgame and I'm the only one on hook. This is also red rank yoloqueue, I rarely ever SWF.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

I think the last time I was tunneled was a month ago and the match was a breeze. I ran the killer around while I was high on two edibles, my muscle memory go me through the entire thing and gens popped off left and right.

• ClaudettegetsnoBPS
    ClaudettegetsnoBPS Member Posts: 16

I get tunneled when I pallet slam a baby, but otherwise it's kinda rare, though I'm a k main so I've definitely "tunneled" several times but maybe like 1/25 games. Yes I'm a bit of a pos but that neah deserved it God damnit.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905

Oh I get it a bit mostly wraith's or bubba's sometimes I understand it when I've looped them so much once the got me there like nah your not wasting my time again.

Others just are being dicks

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Most games I'm facecamped. I get a 3 to 5 gen run so they kind of have to though.

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

Rank 3 survivor (I don't do any annoying flashlight clicking or t bagging) and I get camped I'd say maybe 1/4 games and tunneled 2/4 games. I'm a Blendette though so maybe they don't want to lose track of me. Also just to clarify what I mean, I count camping as in the killer stands right infront of you and doesn't move at all. Tunneling I count as when you are unhooked and a killer goes after you straight away, hooks you, waits until someone unhooks you, then hooks you again right away

• JephKaplan
    JephKaplan Member Posts: 308

Speaking from my experience on EU rank 1 survivor i get tunneled in 3/5 games on average, in purple i get tunneled a bit less maybe about 1 or 2/5 anything after purple is basically either 4/5 or 5/5 camping especially becomes worse and more often in lower ranks but red ranks tunnel the ######### out of 1 person and thats most of the time me after looping them for 2 to 3 gens on average then for the rest of the gens once i get unhooked and they come after me again

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488

I am this player. I'm just bad so far at chases. I sometimes run into the killer or look back and then run into something while looking back. Getting better at being chased is a sloooooow process for me. I play with my wife and she is much better at it. I tend to try to play more stealth and go for more Borrowed Time unhooks but if the killer catches me, it's usually a pretty rapid progression to end of match for me.

Sometimes I curse the killer as a tunneler but... killers should do what they need to in order to win, so <shrug>.

• PrissyCoyote
    PrissyCoyote Member Posts: 10

I understand why they do it but not everyone is like that. I understand that some people are rude but not everyone is, to go and tunnel automatically even if nothing has happened is that person being toxic first. Or having a good killer do it is just something else, like they don't need to do so why do it? When I play killer and I know I can easily win against survivors I just mess with them entire game, I don't tunnel and camp them. Also when the killer ends up chasing me the entire match and doesn't get a kill I'll let them kill me. Everyone I play with thinks I play weirdly but I'm just trying to be nice, except for the chasing part I don't know how I run weirdly but they say I do.

• Arasthmas
    Arasthmas Member Posts: 15

I like to spread the love when I play killer. I chase and smack a survivor, move on. Sometimes I get a fast hook and move on, come back when they get unhooked. Hook them again and then leave them alone most of the game until I have at least one hook on everyone. I have the bad game here and there where the survivors gen rush me hard, I get one survivor on the hook as the final gen is popped and sit on them so I can have at least one kill. What's wrong with that? I am all of a sudden a "****ing camper" and get degraded by the survivors for securing one score at the very end. I run into so many toxic SWF or midrank solos who seem to have it out for the killer and aren't interested in everyone having fun just winning at all costs. I hate the game for that... Even if I am solo queuing on the survivors side... There are very few red ranks that I come across that I find to be toxic or super sweaty. It's typically from purple/green rank killers and survivors that I see most of the issues.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Camping is barely an issue for me. At rank 18-20 it's common, but im passed those ranks by some margin.

Tunneling is far more common, id say every 3 or 4 games a killer tunnels me or my teammates. Just played against a rank 13 wraith who tunneled all 4 players, 1 at a time

• Raz_
    Raz_ Member Posts: 296

a lot.. but its my fault im looping sometimes just too good and when 3 gens pop after my first chase the killer just proxy camps me.. i need to stop to loop killers lol

tunneling is a different story.. from killer to killer its very different. some days i get tunneled 9/10 matches in a row and some days its 1/10 matches in a row.

• Kreatya
    Kreatya Member Posts: 35

This actually heavily depends on what server you are playing. If you ever have a chance, go to Korean server and play some games. You’ll understand why even the most popular twitch streamer in Korea would rank killers heavily based on their ability to camp. On Korean server, camping and tunneling is just the meta. Almost every single killer camps and tunnels at high ranks. I didn’t know about this until I started to play on this server since few weeks ago.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Out of 10ish games I played last night I got camped and tunneled 9 games and since I rarely use DS that is on me.

That is not counting egc when the killer has nowhere to go, that is mid match.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Me, personally, not too much. It's actually killer-specific: Get tunneled and camped by most of the one-shot killers for some reason, such as: Hillbilly, Leatherface, Myers, Ghostface, Oni (especially, #########), and lately a ton of Trappers.

In rare cases against Huntress and Pig. Doctor players have been tunneling a lot less recently, but I'm always assuming they will because his kit fully supports it.

However, when I play with friends, they seem to get universally hook camped. It's very bad, and they're all much more focused on staying alive, so there's no deliberate griefing or baiting from them. The only thing I can think is that it's a pretty easy strategy to "win", since the person will likely kill themselves before their timers run out, giving the killer a massive advantage for pressuring and securing 1-2 more kills.

This discussion has been closed.