What would a in game voice chat do to DBD?

CLB198
CLB198 Member Posts: 315

Would it imbalance the game or balance it?

Comments

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

Voicecomms is one of two things to actually close the solo-cwf-gap without further buffing cwf.

Yet its addition would crash the survivor-killer balance hard.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Those teabags and taunts are about to raise to a whole new level of nasty and you don't even know it yet.

• ArtoTime
    ArtoTime Member Posts: 35

SWF wouldn't change, but Solo Que certainly would, and all of a sudden, every killer game is even more of a sweat match.

• LaUry
    LaUry Member Posts: 100

Voice chat would be a nice thing to have.. Would be easier to balance since now you can't buff killers to match SWF cause non SWF teams would be demolished.. There are competitive games where you can use voice chat with your team even if you que up as a solo player.. Optionally you can disable but then you have a disadvantage over the other team..

• musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345
    edited October 2020

It would eventually balance.

Closing the gap between solo and SWF is the first step, and this would be a good start.

Once solo and SWF are on a level playing field it will then be possible to balance killer vs survivors.

However, its only one step. Not everyone will want to play comms or even able to. So something else to help close the gap also needs to exist.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I would most likely expect less tbagging, because people can now use voice

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited October 2020

Go play Siege and that'll give you some idea.

Short story? On occasion, teams will be more effective. Mostly it's just people screaming profanities because they can only affect the world negatively, which is a brilliant reflection on their character.

Edit: and by profanities I mean bigotry, racism, sexism and the like, not basic insults that people take offence to because they are told to.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited October 2020

It would compensate the imbalance between solo and swf just like in other games that have it implemented like overwatch, rocket league, league of legends, rainbow six siege and so on (just the games I play and know they have it).

But it would also allow more griefing and toxicity between survivors in form of playing loud music, screaming or making other distracting or annoying sounds play (happened to me in rainbow as well as in rocket league).

So you would net a fast method to mute others and in turn again widen the gap depending on human behaviour in an forgiving/uncontrollable environment. And we all know what happens to many people as soon as they are hidden behind/protected by online anonymity.

Killer on the other side would have to be buffed accordingly to the always "swf" situation. If not it would probably kill the game.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

Honestly they should just put it in the game along side M&K support on console would make this game a lot more fun and solo wouldn’t hurt my soul as much

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,058

It would make people getting insulted by 14yr olds with 5 Dollar microphones.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

If it were proximity people would still just use discord/parties.

If it were global you'd have to let the killer hear and people would still just use discord

You'd probably get called the N word or something by Northern or American surburnanite kids a whole lot more.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I would turn it off.

If that isn’t possible, I would quit playing.

I don’t want to hear angry mouth breathers, profanity or chat with anyone when I play this game.

I would accept a few more emotes or some preset chat bubbles.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

It'll make me mute everyone that isn't someone I'm queuing with, who I'd be talking to on discord anyway. It would barely be a buff to solo q because almost nobody would talk. People just want to sit down and play the game and not be forced to communicate with people (I'm saying forced because a lot of people seem to think Comms are this completely broken and overpowered mechanic that friends use to sweat out every match when in fact it's not. Tbh in a way I am glad that BHVR don't take suggestions from the forum, because balancing the game around comms like a lot of people want for some reason would completely ruin whatever we have left of DbD.)

• FablPlayz
    FablPlayz Member Posts: 169

It would only be cool if it had the system friday the 13th has where you can only hear other people when they´re near you

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

I'm a SoloQ survivor main and I'm too shy to VC with randoms especially because my spoken English isn't great, but something else like knowing what perks your team is running and making Kindred or Bond base kit for survivors would be easier ways rather than implemeting something as big as a Voice Chat mechanic.

There's also the fact that OoO would be so op I wouldn't even play killer lol

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,915

The main problem with in game voice chat is that not everyone in the same region speaks the same language - take Europe for example, we have many different languages and we all play on the same servers.

I read many posts which say to implement in game voice chat and then balance around it, but they forget that not everyone on the same server speaks or understands English, this is why in game voice chat should never be a way of attempting to balance the game.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

It would knock it way off balance. Everyone says they get toxic messages from others. Can you imagine what voice chat would do.

• MasterofSFL
    MasterofSFL Member Posts: 125

Not only would it create a huge imbalance, it would ruin the entire feel and flavor of the game.

Dead by Daylight is supposed to be an asymmetrical Horror/Thriller PvP, not a high school dunkfest on the kid whose not part of "the group".

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

If they buff killers at the same time, balance it. If they don't, HEAVILY imbalance it.

• GoodLookinCookin
    GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341

I think if done right it can be used for entertainment purposes, creating new interactions with fellow survivors and maybe the killer can hear proximity voice chat too. Would definitely create some enjoyable moments.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

Even proximity chat would be awful. Talk about killing the immersion.

"Hey bruh gimmie dat flashlight u aint using it! Turn off my music? Bruh F u. Heal me bish! What u doin totems for? Scared of noed? Pus$y! Hey! Come over here! Hey! Hey!.... Hey! Dude! Hey!"

Without a mute, id quit survivor.

• GoodLookinCookin
    GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341

Im sure they would make it optional