Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Resident Evil Chapter?

Jack11803
Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

Would a chapter be possible, and would anyone want it. The franchise has plenty of material that could fit in DBD, especially RE1. This chapter, unlike other ones, could include 2 survivors, as well as a killer.

The killer should be tyrant, with one of his kit abilities being a global heartbeat, having huge synergies with terror radius perks. His action ability could be a circular 360 swipe, with a cool down, or perhaps a grab, with a small time frame to save the survivor from being downed (with best add ons, killed).

All perks stats are at tier 3, unless I say otherwise while explaining

Tyrant -

Perks would probably not synergies with heartbeat, as there’s already many perks for that. If bloodlust is to stay, it could be a perk involving that. If not, other perks involving a speed burst when starting a chase (sounds OP I know).

Thirst for Death - Your innate hunger to kill your prey empowers you, when a chase begins, your speed raises to 140% for 1.5 or 2 seconds. (Killer doesn’t have exhaustion, keep that in mind)

Next perk could involve rage, with getting tokens for each stun

Lust for Revenge (WHOOOO! *totally not a MGSV reference ;)) - Your prey escaping greatly infuriated you. After each stun you gain a single token. Once 2-3 (haven’t decided) tokens are gained, you are able to one hit ANY survivor with your next hit. (Survivors gain exposed status whenever you have enough tokens AFTER THE FIRST ONE HIT DOWN)

Lasting Scars - The idea that you’ve maimed your prey, and have them cowering in fear brings you content. Every time a survivor is unhooked 36 meters away, you gain a stackable bonus of 15% stackable to 120% (You are not meant to always get every stack of you kill everyone. It rewards for not camping and tunneling, as almost every survivor would need to be hooked all 3 times)

Survivors could be either Chris or Jill from RE1 as well. I’ll go over possible perks. Anyone is free to suggest what they could do for perks too.

Jill Valentine -

Master of Unlocking - directly mentioned this name, because it’s too good of an opprutinity to miss, anyone who played the game would know why. Keys are 100% more efficient, (maybe increase aura range for add ons; maybe that’d be too strong) and ability to unlock hatch with a 20 second action. Action gains an additional 20 seconds in length for each living survivor, (so entire team doesn’t instantly escape.) Unlock progress resets of action is interrupted.

Acrobat - Heightened flexibility allows for the user to crouch further to the ground, and slow vault ( a certain speed depending on level, can’t decide what %) faster.

Salvager - Usable once on each item. Experience with having to scavenge for scarecrow materials helps you make do with little. (Similar to streetwise and ace in the hole) Items dropped, (includes manual drop) from survivors are repaired of 30%? Of their Charges. Item, (can make a third add on possible if item already has 2, its part of her thing to have more inventory) gains an add on that is of (depending on tier, starting at common) rarity. Add on is not able to be taken out of the trial, has an icon to indicate which add on it is. Yes this could be used for free add ons. Not that OP though. Not like they’ll get a needle. Also supposed to help with key.

Chris Redfield -

Survival Instinct - Having gone face to face with death itself, you are able to tell it apart from other sensations. When the killer hooks/hits (haven’t decided) another survivor, you see their aura for 3 seconds, and a sound notification to tell you when it occurs. (3 seconds is a short time to react, hence the sound cue)

Toughness - Prevoius hardships have made you tougher. Once per match, you are granted endurance, and have a bleediut timer when hit anytime. Perk is spent unless another perk has granted you temporal endurance. (Again, not that strong, as you have zero choice when it’s used, and the killer is totally gonna down you. Best abUSED lol for bodyblocking that clutch hit to free your teammate, then running off and healing. PERK ONLY WORKS FOR OBESSION, AND INCREASES YOUR CHANCES OF BEING IT. Remember me benefits from this perk

Compatriot - You’ve always held your friends dearly. (Totally a “friendship power!” perk) You heal downed ally’s, and unhook teammates 50% faster (DOES NOT STACK WITH BONUS FROM DYING LIGHT)

Map could be the Arklay mansion, or the laboratory as an extension to the Léry Memorial Instute realm.

Add ons for tyrant could include, grab is much longer, but mori’s survivor (ultra rare) and add ons increasing grab speed, as well as range, status effects, flashlight resistance during it ECT.

Mansion would always have an exit at the main hall, and lab at helipad entrance. (Depending on how similar the maps are to the original game)

Comments

• theagitatedapricot
    theagitatedapricot Member Posts: 78
    Yes but with Nemesis please.
  • Jack11803

@theagitatedapricot said:
    Yes but with Nemesis please.

Probably too hard to put in, and he has weapons, like extreme weapons. Rocket launchers are kinda a big deal, same with a minigun. Not saying your idea is bad, but I suggested tyrant, as it’s the most “horror” and fitting to the game.

• theagitatedapricot
    theagitatedapricot Member Posts: 78
    Yes his power would be his rocket launcher and it's instant kill with a direct hit. 😄
  • Jack11803

Yes his power would be his rocket launcher and it's instant kill with a direct hit. 😄

YOU TOXIC #########!

• Jack11803

@Jack11803 said:

YOU TOXIC [BAD WORD]!

In all seriousness, it’s be too close to another huntress

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Let's have Wesker as a killer instead lmao

• Jack11803

@weirdkid5 said:

No! We mustn’t disgrace our majesty by allowing them to be t-bagged!

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@weirdkid5 said:

I would rather have Albert Wesker be a survivor. In RE5 he died in that volcano so perhaps that could be part of his lore on how the entity claimed him. I think Wesker as a survivor would be badass. Not to mention he has some really amazing cosmetics that could go with him. His stars uniform, his awesome sunglasses and trench coat, etc. +1 for a resi chapter. I know alot of people that would love something like that.

• GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157

@Jack11803 said:
    Would a chapter be possible, and would anyone want it. The franchise has plenty of material that could fit in DBD, especially RE1. This chapter, unlike other ones, could include 2 survivors, as well as a killer.

The killer should be tyrant, with one of his kit abilities being a global heartbeat, having huge synergies with terror radius perks. His action ability could be a circular 360 swipe, with a cool down, or perhaps a grab, with a small time frame to save the survivor from being downed (with best add ons, killed).

All perks stats are at tier 3, unless I say otherwise while explaining

Tyrant -

Perks would probably not synergies with heartbeat, as there’s already many perks for that. If bloodlust is to stay, it could be a perk involving that. If not, other perks involving a speed burst when starting a chase (sounds OP I know).

Thirst for Death - Your innate hunger to kill your prey empowers you, when a chase begins, your speed raises to 140% for 1.5 or 2 seconds. (Killer doesn’t have exhaustion, keep that in mind)

Next perk could involve rage, with getting tokens for each stun

Lust for Revenge (WHOOOO! *totally not a MGSV reference ;)) - Your prey escaping greatly infuriated you. After each stun you gain a single token. Once 2-3 (haven’t decided) tokens are gained, you are able to one hit ANY survivor with your next hit. (Survivors gain exposed status whenever you have enough tokens AFTER THE FIRST ONE HIT DOWN)

Lasting Scars - The idea that you’ve maimed your prey, and have them cowering in fear brings you content. Every time a survivor is unhooked 36 meters away, you gain a stackable bonus of 15% stackable to 120% (You are not meant to always get every stack of you kill everyone. It rewards for not camping and tunneling, as almost every survivor would need to be hooked all 3 times)

Survivors could be either Chris or Jill from RE1 as well. I’ll go over possible perks. Anyone is free to suggest what they could do for perks too.

Jill Valentine -

Master of Unlocking - directly mentioned this name, because it’s too good of an opprutinity to miss, anyone who played the game would know why. Keys are 100% more efficient, (maybe increase aura range for add ons; maybe that’d be too strong) and ability to unlock hatch with a 20 second action. Action gains an additional 20 seconds in length for each living survivor, (so entire team doesn’t instantly escape.) Unlock progress resets of action is interrupted.

Acrobat - Heightened flexibility allows for the user to crouch further to the ground, and slow vault ( a certain speed depending on level, can’t decide what %) faster.

Salvager - Usable once on each item. Experience with having to scavenge for scarecrow materials helps you make do with little. (Similar to streetwise and ace in the hole) Items dropped, (includes manual drop) from survivors are repaired of 30%? Of their Charges. Item, (can make a third add on possible if item already has 2, its part of her thing to have more inventory) gains an add on that is of (depending on tier, starting at common) rarity. Add on is not able to be taken out of the trial, has an icon to indicate which add on it is. Yes this could be used for free add ons. Not that OP though. Not like they’ll get a needle. Also supposed to help with key.

Chris Redfield -

Survival Instinct - Having gone face to face with death itself, you are able to tell it apart from other sensations. When the killer hooks/hits (haven’t decided) another survivor, you see their aura for 3 seconds, and a sound notification to tell you when it occurs. (3 seconds is a short time to react, hence the sound cue)

Toughness - Prevoius hardships have made you tougher. Once per match, you are granted endurance, and have a bleediut timer when hit anytime. Perk is spent unless another perk has granted you temporal endurance. (Again, not that strong, as you have zero choice when it’s used, and the killer is totally gonna down you. Best abUSED lol for bodyblocking that clutch hit to free your teammate, then running off and healing. PERK ONLY WORKS FOR OBESSION, AND INCREASES YOUR CHANCES OF BEING IT. Remember me benefits from this perk

Compatriot - You’ve always held your friends dearly. (Totally a “friendship power!” perk) You heal downed ally’s, and unhook teammates 50% faster (DOES NOT STACK WITH BONUS FROM DYING LIGHT)

Map could be the Arklay mansion, or the laboratory as an extension to the Léry Memorial Instute realm.

Add ons for tyrant could include, grab is much longer, but mori’s survivor (ultra rare) and add ons increasing grab speed, as well as range, status effects, flashlight resistance during it ECT.

Mansion would always have an exit at the main hall, and lab at helipad entrance. (Depending on how similar the maps are to the original game)

I love this idea!

• Immersed_P3_Nea
    Immersed_P3_Nea Member Posts: 49
    I would love this. I’d also be happy with Leon as the survivor and either a Regenerator or the Village Chief from RE4 as the killer. Nemesis would be cool and they COULD just make the logic work by saying the entity took his mini gun and rocket launcher. He’s more than capable of ripping survivors in half with his bare hands.
  • Mask_maker
    Mask_maker Member Posts: 28

I thought it would be good to add a stand alone resident evil character as a survivor for consoles as seeing PC got Bill from Left4dead. That was always my thought.

• Mask_maker

@Mask_maker said:
    I thought it would be good to add a stand alone resident evil character as a survivor for consoles as seeing PC got Bill from Left4dead. That was always my thought.

That's because Valve is willing to lend characters and things from their games in cross promotion for free because they don't care too much. They make billions from Steam so putting a character in another game is only a good thing for them.

Its only a good thing for them you say.. Hmmm. A bit negative and not true. It was a good thing for fans of Bill.. 

So its completely out of the question that the devs would add an extra survivor for consoles to balance out the survivor roster compared to the PC roster?

We shall see then what happens.

The point of opening these forums was so they can get feedback and ideas from us. They seem like a reasonable studio and i could see them potentially doing something like this later on down the track
  • Jack11803

@Mask_maker said:
    SaltyKiller said:

@Mask_maker said:

That's because Valve is willing to lend characters and things from their games in cross promotion for free because they don't care too much. They make billions from Steam so putting a character in another game is only a good thing for them.

Its only a good thing for them you say.. Hmmm. A bit negative and not true. It was a good thing for fans of Bill.. 

So its completely out of the question that the devs would add an extra survivor for consoles to balance out the survivor roster compared to the PC roster?

The point of opening these forums was so they can get feedback and ideas from us. They seem like a reasonable studio and i could see them potentially doing something like this later on down the track

It is out of the question, the developers have already promised they will never add a character exclusive to a platform again, even if it was to balance out bill

• Mask_maker
    Jack11803 said:

@Mask_maker said:
    SaltyKiller said:

@Mask_maker said:

It is out of the question, the developers have already promised they will never add a character exclusive to a platform again, even if it was to balance out bill

People say a lot of things and then do something completely different. 

Lets just be patient and see what happens ;) 
  • Jack11803

@Mask_maker said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Mask_maker said:

SaltyKiller said:

@Mask_maker said:

People say a lot of things and then do something completely different. 

Lets just be patient and see what happens ;) 

Bill came out before console, this would be after. And spending money on a license, just to make less money on it by giving it to only 2 platforms is bad. Only reason bill is just on PC is because valve hates console. (That’s not a joke, the owner openly admits to hating the existence of consoles and wanting to undermine them.)

• Mask_maker
    Never say never ;)
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    I would pay BIG money for Tyrant.
  • Undying_Zombie
    Undying_Zombie Member Posts: 40

STARS!

Err I mean.. That would prob be a lot of money. Capcom is not exactly a nice company to deal with from what I understand. But I admit I would love to see a Tyrant or better yet.. Nemesis.... But I will be honest in the fact that I do not see it happening. Mostly due to I have a feeling it will either have a huge cost to it or Capcom simply will refuse no matter what.

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018

@Undying_Zombie said:
    STARS!

Err I mean.. That would prob be a lot of money. Capcom is not exactly a nice company to deal with from what I understand. But I admit I would love to see a Tyrant or better yet.. Nemesis.... But I will be honest in the fact that I do not see it happening. Mostly due to I have a feeling it will either have a huge cost to it or Capcom simply will refuse no matter what.

Probably too much money. Capcom licenses frequently, but they’re a big company. Not to mention it’s asking the license the first horror game outside arcade history, for another horror game.

• KroolTheField
    KroolTheField Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 47

I would rather a perk for killers that gives them a % of chance to instantly destroy the pallet they are being stunned with

• Jack11803

@KroolTheField said:
    I would rather a perk for killers that gives them a % of chance to instantly destroy the pallet they are being stunned with

Fits tyrant too, he’s a really pissed of monster

• KroolTheField

@Jack11803 said:

@KroolTheField said:

I really need to do some digging about tyrant I have no clue who he is

• KroolTheField

@KroolTheField said:

@Jack11803 said:

@KroolTheField said:

Eww he doesn't fit the DBD theme imo

• Jack11803

@KroolTheField said:

@Jack11803 said:

@KroolTheField said:

Genetic abomination that was the final boss of the first resident evil. The game that is rebound for being the first 3D horror game to exist. MUH POLYGONS!!

• Jack11803

@KroolTheField said:

@KroolTheField said:

@Jack11803 said:

@KroolTheField said:

Yeah LIsa Trevor would fit lore wise better.

• Jack11803

@Jack11803 said:

@KroolTheField said:

@KroolTheField said:

@Jack11803 said:

@KroolTheField said:

Reson I picked tyrant, more iconic = popular = more profit. And because license DLC breaks lore anyway, and isn’t a part of it

• KroolTheField

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@KroolTheField said:

@KroolTheField said:

@Jack11803 said:

@KroolTheField said:

Reson I picked tyrant, more iconic = popular = more profit. And because license DLC breaks lore anyway, and isn’t a part of it

I'd rather have more original killers but sadly my opinion won't matter unless many people ask for the same

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018

@KroolTheField

Yeah, I think we should maintain AT LEAST 3 original characters per license

• KroolTheField

@Jack11803
    Totally agree

• EmotionalDaisy
    EmotionalDaisy Member Posts: 159
    edited June 2018
    So let's see...we could have

RE1 inspired chapter;
    Survivor- Jill, Chris, Rebecca, Barry
    Killer- Tyrant, Lisa Trevor
    Realm-The Mansion, The Underground Labratory

RE2 inspired chapter;
    Survivor- Leon, Claire, Ada, HUNK
    Killer- William Birkin, Mr. X
    Realm-Raccoon City, RPD Police Station, Underground Sewer

RE Code Veronica inspired chapter;
    Survivor-Claire, Chris, Steve, Alfred
    Killer-Alexia
    Realm- Antarctic Base, Rockford Island

RE3 inspired chapter;
    Survivor-Jill, Carlos
    Killer- Nemesis 
    Realm-Clock Tower, Raccoon City

RE4 inspired chapter;
    Survivor-Leon, Ada, Luis, Ashley
    Killer-Salazar
    Realm-Village, Castle

RE5 inspired chapter;
    Survivor-Chris, Sheva, Josh, Jill
    Killer-Wesker
    Realm-Public Assembly, the ship, the mansion from the Lost in Nightmare dlc.

RE6 inspired chapter;
    Survivor- Leon, Helena, Chris, Piers, Sherry, Jake, Ada
    Killer- Ustanak, Simmons, Carla, Debra
    Realm- Ivy university, Tall Oaks Cathedral, Marketplace, Underwater Facility, Snowy Mountains, facility that Sherry and Jake got taken to, Submarine, Rooftops, Quad Towers

RE Revelations inspired chapter;
    Survivor-Jill, Chris, Jessica, Parker, Rachael
    Killer- Rachael, Norman
    Realm- Queen Zenobia, Terragrigia

Re Outbreak inspired chapter;
    Survivor-Kevin, Mark, George, Jim, David, Alyssa, Yoko, Cindy
    Killer-Tyrant that's at the end of either the Decisions, Decisions or End of the Road campaign
    Realm- Raccoon City, Raccoon University

Theres just my thoughts on alot of the series. I'm sure theres others I missed (with the killers, keep in mind they have to be humanoid in shape so that they'll fit the skeletons that they have. It's too expensive for them to make entirely unique ones)

Also included outbreak and whatnot because I remember a comment that they didnt want these super badass survivors because they have to behave like the rest of these average people gameplay-wise.
    Post edited by EmotionalDaisy on
  • IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672
    edited June 2018

I like the idea of a resident evil chapter, I also think silent hill would fit really well into this kind of game

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Yeah RE is too broad a franchise to pull from. Which game would get the focus? Too many titles and too many iconic characters, you'd never make everyone happy.

Silent Hill could, obviously, feature Pyramid Head and perhaps the protagonist from 2 (the only game PH belonged in). Of all the games, SH2 would be the best fit for DBD.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

I'd rather have Silent Hill, but I doubt Konami cares enough about its IPs to even pimp them out for cash.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

While I know it won't happen if I had to choose specific characters I would choose Brad Vickers as survivor since I believe he was the pilot in RE1, he's dead in RE2 and appears in RE3 being killed. The character is designed as being a coward so it would be more fitting than any of the other survivors.

For the B.O.W. as the killer we would need a humanoid figure so the choices range from RE1's Albert Wesker post-death after Tyrant when he revives or Mr. X/T-00 from RE2. Nemesis would be too strong as a killer although from what I recall he has the parasite that allows him to be controlled so the entity could be controlling that I guess.

Ideally a Resident Evil chapter would feature the mansion from the first game although in scale that would probably be too big and confusing so Raccoon City themed with Umbrella stuff would be pretty cool kind of like Resident Evil 3's map.

Just my two cents.

• NeoVid
    NeoVid Member Posts: 37

Both Silent Hill and RE would be pretty cool and fitting to cross over with DBD, but I'd expect the licenses to be extortion priced.

• MasterLoli
    MasterLoli Member Posts: 73

I'd like to see Nemesis from MVC3, without the rocket launcher of course.

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    The entire original post wasn’t in green font. 

Not Green; Didn’t Read
  • EmotionalDaisy
    EmotionalDaisy Member Posts: 159
    NeoVid said:

Both Silent Hill and RE would be pretty cool and fitting to cross over with DBD, but I'd expect the licenses to be extortion priced.

I expect you to be accurate about the price issue..but keep in mind they were able to get some classic horror movie genres in already. I'm sure a couple weren't too cheap. But I suppose I dont know any actual prices and whatnot so it may be more expensive to get video game licensing. Idk.

I bet what entry of the franchise they choose depends on how greedy Capcom would be. Ideally, I think they'd pick from resident evil 1 or 3. I think nemesis is a more unique (able to be controlled) killer than the tyrant would be but I would think the mansion is something people would want as a map more, so idk. 

I would love a realm from the silent hill games the most out of the franchise, especially if they could somehow incorporate the iconic siren into the map. 
  • Jack11803

@IronWolf115 said:
    I like the idea of a resident evil chapter, I also think silent hill would fit really well into this kind of game

We already got silent hill.... Nurse!

• Jack11803

@GhostEuant said:
    The entire original post wasn’t in green font. 

Not Green; Didn’t Read

I’m sorry senpai! This was before I learned of the sacred text!