The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

After 1000 hours & reaching Rank [1] on both sides... (emotional)

Godot
Godot Member Posts: 806

...I have to say that I still love this game.

Truth be told, it makes me really emotional. I also feel like nobody will really pay attention to this post anyway. But if you do, thank you for reading the feels.

This is the number one game that I have spent loads of money on (number two being Paladins), and the only time I would ever say that it wasn't worth it if people have been really ruining my matches, despite me not actually meaning what I say at all.

I never truly hated this game. Many people have a "love-hate relationship" with Dead by Daylight, including myself, but I always tend to be more on the "love" side.

I can not say the community is great. I've had my fair share of bad moments while playing Dead by Daylight since 2018, and 99% of the time the community was the only thing I could blame, and I am really really sorry.

But, for those that don't consider themselves toxic, or don't consider themselves having a negative influence on the community, I appreciate you being here. Without you, this community, the game, and everything else regarding Dead by Daylight might be in ruins.

And of course, without the developers this game wouldn't exist at all. If anything, we all should thank THEM for even making this game and expanding their team, along with the content in the game we all love and play, despite thinking negatively of it sometimes.

Sorry if this post was so sudden or something, sorry if you didn't enjoy reading this. I'm not even sure what to call it. It seems like a rant, but I'm not ranting about anything. I'm just... Thankful, is all, for being able to play a great game.

Comments

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Congrats. You can now officially stop caring about ranks with a legitimate excuse.

My best ranks are 3 a Survivor and 7 with Killer (pre-Ruin rework.......) and I can't stand red ranks atm.

One thing that I can say is that I have never hated the GAME, only those that play it. The only time that I have ever truly stopped was when Dedicated Servers came to Xbox and I was getting stabbed from 5m away.

Honestly, the devs do deserve more credit than these forums give them. Yes there have been mistakes (initial Dedicated Servers, OG Mettle of Man, release Nurse) but they've been dealt with. If the community self-moderated a bit more, then this game would be in a healthier state.

While I don't agree with the calls to change perks like DS or UB, I can see the reasons why people are calling for them and if the devs did change them for a time then reverted them on the sly, it would help a lot. Problem is that both sides allow camping, tunnelling and gen-rushing.

I'll keep trying to remind the community that we are half of the picture and doing what I can to lower toxicity.

Anyway, enjoy Rank 1. I'm gonna try to fast-grind out of brown ranks for killer and get to Rank 10 Survivor on an alt account with no Exhaustion perks!

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Great post.

I love this game too.

Thats why I get so upset (like my previous post) that there are certain time windows where there are a mass influx of SWF that make this game miserable, and awful to play killer.

And because there are so many 4 people squads queuing on the servers during that period, it makes the solo queue times awful, so I can’t even play survivor to catch a break from how awful they’re making the game for killer.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Congratulations! I'm relatively new myself and hope to hit Rank-1 in Killer and Survivor by 1K myself. It takes a lot of work and dedication to do it, or at least it is taking me a lot of work and focus. :) I can only imagine the challenge of games at that level.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Right on!

Thankfulness is a healthy necessity in maintaining positivity. Keep it up!

Also, I must say, you have impressive uniformity in your leveling up of characters.

Almost displays a sense of organization and patience, imo, idk. Quite nice🙂

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

OCDs. Things have to appear just right. My Legion is Level 45 and I wish I could reverse that.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Yeah once I hit R1 for each I said never again. If I'm playing with friends I'll get R1 again on survivor but that's because I'm in a swf. As killer I tend to stop at purple ranks, which is where I feel I belong. I like to use non meta killers+builds once in awhile and at red ranks that is impossible to do without being bullied.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Once I got those achievements I stopped caring about rank. I had MLK's quote ringing in my head

"Free at last. Free at last. Good god almighty, free at last.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

Congratulations on your victory 😊

• kamisen
    kamisen Member Posts: 794

What a wholesome post ❤️

2k hours here, still love the game too

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

*don't ask, don't ask, don't-*

ASKS: What about the ladies, Ace? Hypothetically, there might be straight, cigar smoking middle-aged women who play this game, and actually own the basement they play in 🤷‍♀️

• darklinger
    darklinger Member Posts: 128

I have devotion 10 and trying reach red rank as nurse on console. ATM stuck on purple

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited October 2020

I was once something similar like you @Godot.

I mean, I was only once in the red ranks and then deranked on purpose, but I had really love this game once and still think that it has a great potential (even if it has come in its years to be honest).

To make a long story short, I wait for the day were DBD will be for me great again :). Until then I look sometimes more or less in the forums or make a few testmatches.

Btw. I have always divide between the dbd community in the game and the community in the forums. Reason for that is, because I have make with them totally different experiences. I mean, I have also meet in the game toxic people, but not so much that they would have dominated my ingame experience, compared to the forums were I have met many selfish and/or ignorant people, but also of course some good ones.

• Shenanigan
    Shenanigan Member Posts: 208

Congrats on getting Rank 1 on both sides man! I love this game also even though there are flaws to it I still enjoy the whole aspect of it to begin with too! Throughout every turn, corner, and bump in the road you pushed though it all!

You earned it all dude we're all proud of ya! 😊👍🎉

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Congratulations!

Now you're entering sandbox mode. The fun you can have is limitless!

(This community is pretty interesting though. You have people treating roles like sports teams.)

• KIKI_
    KIKI_ Member Posts: 135

Congrats ! Dbd is a nice game to love. Always remember that how much you get out of it is entirely up to you, and no one else !

• Zombielle
    Zombielle Member Posts: 2

Congratulations! I hope I can get rank one on either side one day! My highest survivor rank was 5... So still some ways to go. (We're not going to talk about my killer rank)

• wolfyjones
    wolfyjones Member Posts: 5

Congrats, dude! I'm so glad you're a part of this awesome community!

• InsidousEqualWin
    InsidousEqualWin Member Posts: 36

Imagine getting emotional over a video game

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

I just hate mories and when I go against survivors that only use meta.

• VigilanceWolf
    VigilanceWolf Member Posts: 4

Glad to see someone think of the game in a positive way like i do im grinding out and am at rank 5 and 6 right now and love this game with a passion