Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is bodyblocking still a thing?

Why can't the killer collision for instance just push survivors away?
It really sucks when you finally catch a guy, pick him up but you have your hook denied because of this awkward collision rule.

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@StickyCheese said:
    Why can't the killer collision for instance just push survivors away?
    It really sucks when you finally catch a guy, pick him up but you have your hook denied because of this awkward collision rule.

Body blocking is considered a risk reward for survivors, and benefits killers as well, when someone body blocks they are wasting time and being injured. Not to mention killer can pin everyone in a corner of basement, which with most killers can lead to a down or heavy debuff.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

I love that there's collision in this game, makes for a lot of interesting plays imo (including hook blocking). I don't think bodyblocking hooks works nearly enough to warrant it being removed or nerfed; in fact it's usually the opposite, gives you free hits and you still get the hook.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited June 2018

The trade off for body-blocking is that the survivors that are blocking you are not working on generators. This give you more time to manage them. Also if you do manage to injure the majority of them, it gives you an advantage in a chase should you chase them.

• Michael_Myers
    Michael_Myers Member Posts: 104

I love body-blocking survivors when I'm in evil within 3 <3

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Bodyblocking is allright, overall.

As killer, you can block some areas efficiently.
    As survivor, it has its bonuses, along with downsides.

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188

I never understood the killers who complain about bodyblocking. For real.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Vancold said:

As killer, if you do struggle to catch someone, and that someone gets off of your shoulders because a team (possibly SWF that bullied/outplayed out a lot ?) is making a train in front a hook and denies it, can be rather frustrating to deal with.
    Tho, overall, it's pretty balanced. Still frustrating at times tho, especially with flashlights, dead hards and such. It can make you feel rather powerless and the "bullied" while people should be supposedly scared of you since you play killer.

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188

@Runiver said:

@Vancold said:

As killer, if you do struggle to catch someone, and that someone gets off of your shoulders because a team (possibly SWF that bullied/outplayed out a lot ?) is making a train in front a hook and denies it, can be rather frustrating to deal with.
    Tho, overall, it's pretty balanced. Still frustrating at times tho, especially with flashlights, dead hards and such. It can make you feel rather powerless and the "bullied" while people should be supposedly scared of you since you play killer.

As you said, it's kind of balanced. People often just remember the "worst" moments, instead of the other half when things went their way. That's why I don't get it. It can lead to "frustrating" bits (because losing is frustrating per se, so I wouldn't use that term), but it can also backlash from a survivor point of view.