Is M&A Good on Spirit?

Options

I understand what the perk does, but what does it do for her gameplay? Is it meant for her to sneak up on people? Because I'm pretty sure it doesn't stop the whooshing sound.

Comments

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436
    edited October 2020
    Options

Survivors rely on terror radius to know when the killer is coming. This way, they can hide, get in position to run, or run away. By reducing the terror radius significantly, survivors have less time to react.

In lower ranks, it also has the benefit of scaring people off gens when they hear the terror radius.

Edit: As for spirit, I'm not sure if it helps since you have your phase to surprise survivors. The larger terror radius in chase will help you drop chase and surprise someone else, but the smaller terror radius outside of chase will make it so people can hear you phasing from further. Will caveat that I am not a spirit main.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,075
    edited October 2020
    Options

What you can do with Spirit is get survivors on the edge of your terror radius and then phase and survivors won't hear her phasing but likely won't notice the terror radius either giving you a surprise phase on survivors. M&A allows you get closer before you have to phase.

I don't think Spirit needs M&A to pull off that trick as I'm pretty sure her phase without add-ons is already enough to move 32m.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 869
    Options

I never play her but read another post somewhere someone likes to run Distressing to make her terror radius bigger. Claimed that it makes it harder to hear that woosh sound.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    edited October 2020
    Options

It will allow her to get closer before phasing, but it is not worth it on her, IMO.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,620
    Options

Not really worth the Perk Slot. It was good with old Prayer Beads, because you did not make any Phasing Sounds and you were able to get closer for a Gengrab. But with Phasing Sounds it is not really worth it, since you might get closer, but the Survivors will be alerted because of the Phasing.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

distressing is better on spirit, remember if theyre outside you terror radius they hear you coming, if theyre in it then they dont so you will get more grabs and slow down the game as people will be more scared providing you apply pressure. having said that there are much better perks (Stridor, nurses, ruin, pop, corrupt, sloppy, tremors, bbq etc.)