The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Remove Bubba?

HEX_MalusGrey
HEX_MalusGrey Member Posts: 231
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

Rank 2 killer. Bubba main. Camps hooks with undetectable. Extremely bad at looping and any other skills this game requires. Yet still on rank 2 cuz Bubba. EZEZ after matches.

I did this once. Overall i played Bubba like 5 times but he is extremely boring and i feel "special" for playing this killer.

In my entire time i have seen maybe 2 or 3 decent Bubba players, but most of them run around like headless chicken and search behind every rock to find someone they can hook camp. Not too hard to beat with a decent team that doesn't fall for him. But seriously, killers that do nothing but camp hooks. What a low life.

Billy can also one hit players but at least he requires a bit of skill to get a hit on a survivor and not a wall. Bubba is just so ... low and cheap. No respect.

I know he already got a rework but at this point, i would like to see him completely removed from the game.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Hazz1123
    Hazz1123 Member Posts: 42

Do that many people really care enough about rank though? I like to stay in red ranks, but there is literally no incentive to stay there. It doesn't surprise me that killers play like this because the only thing that suffers is the one thing that doesn't really matter.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,074

The emblems will start to go down after some time, so if the Survivor suicides on the hook you can still pip.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Nah, he is fine as it is, I just got the adept with speed limiter after GoodBoyKaru told me to use them since it's easier that way.

And facecamping bubba with insidious is the way to go if you miss the old days of being camped by one and I haven't seen those in a very long time.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

To be fair if they're in basement and he's camping you might as well just do gens because unless he's a bot no plan can work when he can chainsaw up the stairs and around the damn shack 2 times before he runs out of steam

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Bubba is fine, but I am disappointed that instead of nerfing his ability to face camp, they buffed it. Old Bubba couldn’t chainsaw someone twice through BT but new Bubba can, which seems kind of ridiculous.

• spirit72
    spirit72 Member Posts: 227

I've always thought the best way to punish hook camping is to go start gens instead of 3 Survivors trying to rush the hook and giving the Killer free points. Even if just one stays in the area of the hook, the other two can easily get a gen or two started in the two minutes that a full sack takes. Two gens for one sack isn't a bad transaction for the Survivors, and it can mean the game for the Killer.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Here's the thing though. WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO SIT THROUGH THAT? If a Bubba doesn't want to play the game for more than 30 seconds, then they should just get off!

There is no reason to drag 4 other people in to your desire to play in the most infuriating and miserable way possible.

It may be because Bubba is literally the antithesis of everything that I hold dear as a Pig main, but to me Bubba is literally a case study in everything that could be wrong in killer design. He promotes one of the most toxic strategies in the game, has nothing outside of an instant-down in an AoE attack and the only redeeming quality is the teachable perks, but since the Shrine of Secrets exists, that point is basically null.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832
    edited October 2020

I would literally stop playing if he was removed.

Sure, Myers has always been the best, but Bubba's ALWAYS a close second.

If they're actually winning by camping, the survivors are at fault. I find kindred helps if you're not in an SWF. You're getting info when someone else gets hooked, and the killer is getting punished even more if you get camped.

But, since survivors are so insistent on unhooking teammates, let's not get ahead of ourselves and make a fair and fun nerf:

I'd make it so there's a "safe zone" around hooks where he has no collision with the chainsaw and passes through survivors without damaging them. Until something like that happens, don't be like me. I fell for this bait. Don't fall for Bubba's tricks.

Post edited by EntitledMyersMain on
  • TimeOutTimmy
    TimeOutTimmy Member Posts: 135

I would love to see a modification to the 1 shot on Bubba. He goes from a 24 hit game, down to a 12. No stalking, or totem required. Maybe a limit on the number of times he can use his chainsaw? If he only needs 12 hits to end a game, he gets 16 uses and add ons to add more?

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

So mostly likely those guys you meet are doing it for the meme. They don’t always play like that or else you wouldn’t see them in red ranks. Doing that won’t let you pip unless survivors bum rush basement

• PigMainClaudette

Sadly no. There are people who don't give a damn about rank, but do about those skulls at the endscreen and frankly don't care about concepts like "community health" or "people wanting to play again because you weren't a total d*ck to them". I have a special type of hatred for those people.

• RizeAki

Maybe but it’s not really those players fault there isn’t a balanced win condition so anything goes 🤷🏻‍♀️

• PigMainClaudette

If they go into a match with the intention of screwing over four other people deliberately, then yes it is their fault. Vague win conditions or not.

• RizeAki

A lot of people don’t do it deliberately it’s just what you have to do with the current game state it forces killers to play sweaty.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

He's not boring, you just play him in a boring way.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531

It's pretty much impossible to unhook in front of a camping Billy or Bubba. So why are you trying? If he's camping, that's 2 minutes to do gens. Pop 3 of them and it's a fair trade.

• HEX_MalusGrey
    edited October 2020

As statet in my starting post.

"Not too hard to beat with a decent team that doesn't fall for him. But seriously, killers that do nothing but camp hooks. What a low life."

Under the condition that no one in your team screws up and does gens instead, he is not hard to beat. But that's not the point. Hook camping with Bubba takes zero skill and it's the lowest and boring strat in this game. No matter if you win or lose, playing against these people leaves a bad feeling. The best moments you can have with him is when everyone insults and makes fun of him after the match. This is something i would say is a very toxic thing to do. On bubba it feels always right. Something is wrong with this and it's not the survivors fault. Facecamping as the main strat to win makes me think this killer shouldn't exist.

Edit

I am playing ALL killers. There are killers i do not touch because i am too bad with them (Billy), there are killers i do not touch because they are too bad (Demigorgon) and then there is Bubba. That one miserable character in my collection that just doesn't deserve it.

• xXCAM3R0NXx
    xXCAM3R0NXx Member Posts: 387

1. Not many Bubbas these days actually face camp, only if they're doing bad to catch survivors.

2. If they do camp, go do gens, you have 2 whole minutes to do at least like 2/3 gens. Besides you can always attempt to unhook when they're close to being sacrificed.

3. You can taunt and teabag the killer at the gates as much as you want without feeling bad :)

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Aww you don't like the killer so you want them removed and take him away from other players who enjoy him? Cry me a river.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

If anything I would remove the billy, he was clearly inspired by Leatherface and now that they have the license for him he could be the chainsaw killer. I understand you have to pay for LF but still. Just my opinion

• thepyramidhead
    thepyramidhead Member Posts: 59

Ardetha would be sad.

• HEX_MalusGrey
    edited October 2020

Im not crying. Im saying you are sad for enjoying him.

If he would work the same at billy or at the very least wouldn only be able to down one at a time i didn't had as much issues with him. But a killer whoes main strategy it is to camp hooked survivors, this killer is just for noskill sadboys who desperitaly need a kill. And that's what Mori is for.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
    edited October 2020

Camping is still playing the game. For the most it might be boring, but there are players who enjoy it. Same with people who dislike chases but likes stealth gameplay.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Been said before:

The easiest solution (though very tricky to code and execute) would be that the hooks relocate if the killer is camping. the game can tell if someone's inactive on a tile (check with afk crows, moving around on the same tile doesn't count apparently), where someone's looking etc.

So the game could go and move the hooked survivor to another hook and reset the phase if the killer is (proxy-)camping.

It's just very tricky to code to make it hard/nigh impossible to exploit.

• Drazen
    Drazen Member Posts: 400

nah that would be way overkill they just need to remove his chainsaw

• LARI
    LARI Member Posts: 66

I understand where u coming from but they can't and will not delete bubba. U knwo that too but still I hate playing against bubba cuz I don't find him fun to play as or going against. He will not pip if he face camps and when I know it's bubba I'm against I always sneak around and don't get any bold points but it's way better than just dying to this garage tactic of face camping it's boring.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138
  • GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

No, just... no.

Yes, Bubba is the best camper in the game. He can insta-down and multi-hit, having just one would make him a great camper. He has both because it's part of his design and something that distinguishes him from his Chainsaw Bro, Billy.

No, the devs will not implement a system to prevent camping. They have said time and time again that while they do not want to encourage it, they still would like camping to be a viable strategy (face in: in some scenarios, camping is the smart thing to do).

If there is a camping Bubba, then leave the person to die on the hook. Yes, it's unfortunate, but that's all you can do. Get gens done and by the time it's all over, it'll be too late. Even if he can down another person and camp them, that's more than enough time for the rest of the survivors to open an exit gate, teabag and be waiting in the next lobby. Due to a lack of hooks (and chaser emblems 'cause chainsaw), he is going to depip.

You cannot even safety pip you spend the time face camping unless the survivors do what the Bubba wants and that's to try to go for the rescue in spite of him being there. Insidious? Pay very close attention when entering a basement—you can still hear him down there, and if you do, run away and never look back.

Does this make solo queues hell? Yes, but they always will be. Is camping enjoyable? No, it sucks for everyone. The most you can do is simply punish the killer for doing so.

• HEX_MalusGrey

Rhetorical question: Isn't it part of being a game designer to design your game in a way that it is enjoyable for everyone, and not the exact opposite?

So what's the point then?

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

It's impossible to design a game that is enjoyable for everyone. Every game has it's niche. Dbd attracts sadists and masochists.

• Zeezy4Squeezy
    Zeezy4Squeezy Member Posts: 32

Explaij it more because clearly you think you know it all. I'm intrigued. Telle more about avoiding face camping bubba's

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229

Bubba is a strong killer but very difficult to use against red ranks and probably you don't know how to use it, you think it's very weak but you're wrong, you have to do it your main for a while like all killers and you will see that it is strong and fun. But you have to be patient if you are already in red ranks any killer that is not your main will give you a lot of headaches but don´t judge bubba for camp people that don´t how to use it

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

how a Bubba get to rank 2 tho I know ranks don't matter to much but that normal fell on the survivors.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

That's not the killer, that's the players. There's no point in talking to a brick wall.

• GamingBrix
    GamingBrix Member Posts: 11

Imagine wanting one of the most iconic horror movie characters removed, from a horror game.

• SimplyNotFun
    SimplyNotFun Member Posts: 70

To be honest he’s been one of the most frustrating killers to go against because it seems to me like they altered how sensitive his chainsaw is to hitting walls. I have played countless games against him where I hugged a wall and he’s using his chainsaw hugging the wall with me. I don’t understand why it doesn’t make him run into it. He gets free one hit downs basically. I can understand Billy’s ability to go in a straight line and mow things down. But at least you can make him run into things. Bubba can hug walls with you though? That seems broken.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690
    edited October 2020

Used properly, Bubba is a fun, scary opponent to verse. As a camper? Not so much, but neither is Billy, PH, Plague (with Corrupt), Myers, etc.

People will always find a way to abuse/exploit something.