New Status Effect idea - Paralyzed

EthanW
EthanW Member Posts: 82

Before I begin I know what your thinking, "hold up this sounds a little op!" but it won't be. As I was thinking about this, I was fully aware of the balancing aspect of this status effect, and I believe this Paralyzed status effect is already put in motion currently in this game, but we are not fully aware.

Now lets start, my idea for this status effect is that it will be a hinder to pallet drops and window vaults. Basically in the game there is already a status effect called the Hindered status effect, which makes your movement speed slower and makes your window vaults automatically slower. The Paralyzed status effect will completely negate the survivors to vault pallets or windows.

Godamn thats crazy right?! Well no. There actually is a killer who can paralyze survivors from doing that exact thing, aka The Doctor. His shock therapy was built for the Paralyzed status effect. Where am I going with this? The Paralyzed status effect would have the same duration as to how the Doctors shock would.

Now let me clarify, I do not wish to make every killer into Doctor.

Which is why in the balancing aspect, I was thinking the Paralyzed status effect would only be ok with perks. What would your perk idea suggestions for this status effect be?

Comments

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494

It would likely be high green territory maybe yellow at the least if the timer is short enough. Maybe there can be a huntress addon that applies this effect and a few perks. Something like this:

=Purified [insert snake name here] venom (rare) {Huntress}

~A potent toxin that causes extreme numbness and slight paralysis.

+Any successful hit from a hatchet applies the paralysis status effect for 10 seconds.

=Drawn Breath (Very Rare) {Nurse}

~A gasp of a terrified patient. It was forced from their lungs and look frozen in time. Unmoving and trapped in a state of fear.

+When blinking, all survivors in a 10 meter radius are inflicted with the paralysis and hindered (5%) status effect for 10 seconds.

or

•Stage Fright: You have a knack for making people freeze up when put on the spot.

+After injuring a survivor with your melee attack (M1), they are inflicted with the paralysis status effect for 5/10/15 seconds.

-“Go on. Continue the show, you’ve already made a fool of yourself.”

•Flinched: Even When you miss, you’ll still get the advantage.

+When you near-miss a survivor with an attack, the survivor is inflicted with the paralysis status effect for 8 seconds. This perk has a 90/60/45 second cool down.

-“Is your body is tensing up at the thought of my rage? It would definitely seem so.”

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494

Thanks! There could possibly be more for other killers too, but those are a start.