Most Annoying Way To Die in Dead by Daylight

CamoRanger
CamoRanger Member Posts: 26

Many factors could influence your death, such as the actions of the killer and your teammates. What would be the most annoying way to die? (Oh, and you can't really control these events so none of these was really your fault.)

Most Annoying Way To Die in Dead by Daylight 190 votes

Face camped by killer
12%
FatelanceHannonRothlonCountAsourglobeChurchofPigChloe_DeplanoJuampy062PRSuzia69BrequeTheWisp2006JarolImBrakingBikekaneyboyWillixirHaelthyrSaltyseamonsterSifJP4BamaN0_th4nk5 23 votes
Tunneled by killer
10%
Cornpopers_EvanCleviteScary_Punk_Ghostoskar0chFilthyLegionMainWiktoroxTotemsCleanserMurkoffzDroogsGoodLookinCookintheman43frizarboostedsurvivormainHex_LlamarnissilleFreakshowNursesIsNotOPDADDYMYERS1978MarkedSpartan[Deleted User] 20 votes
Moried by killer after first unhook
5%
ShrimpTwiggsF60_31xEaArcticWolfpichumudkipnimesulideHypsterMosesDeon00777Shrekkiller95jotaro 10 votes
Bled out after getting slugged by killer
6%
TapeKnotBlazelskiPassarinoTSassySolidSnakeTricksKettleWettlebm33stargazer9MoundshroudZariva83ChrispyIcehorrortale_sans 12 votes
Hook farmed by teammates
6%
InjiTrial_By_ScythemichaelmortonWalker_of_the_fog_96Iblis_DoomsongGoliathTripleStealScaryCattheneamainReverseVelocityTrashmaster_NIGHTMARE_ 12 votes
Left to die on hook by teammates not bothering to unhook you (even if the killer is obviously not camping)
34%
MandySnakeSound222GibberishAdelooSeiko300GHERBEARRULES[Deleted User]SchmeltzDimekRevzi100AngryFluffyMrPenguinTaigaAhoyWolfpalletsryummyDetailedDetrimentCritical_FishMattie_MayhemOGPlantCollectorDarootLeafstorm 66 votes
Teammates doing anything that helped the killer down you in the first place (eg. Bodyblocking, Leading the killer to you)
6%
HeartboundJacoby2041Dr_LoomisFobboKyloRenJocLewis2018CheeseAntonRubixDwightFairfieldNazAquamarineAncientRavagejadedcaffeinated 13 votes
Death by endgame collapse (Teammates opening the gate prematurely)
0%
xtr4me 1 vote
Gameplay bugs/glitches/exploits (Hits that should not have connected, Stuck in a locker, Exhausted on the ground, Ghostface reveal not working, etc)
12%
Fog_KingmaaadinsomniacSkeletalEliteRullisiNebulaConeRoboMojoAxeSlashstreetboyBassTramYordsmusefanMarc_go_solocomboikRockatanskyNxR_BlasterBwstedRadiosityZestyelpohDanielJ 23 votes
Other (Specify)
5%
AChaoticKillerLeonardo1itafairfieldismsnotstarboardArialCryinfrnSvarturSteinnCCClarkHR_HeliosSiMpSoUp 10 votes

Comments

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Moried by killer after first unhook

Between Mori and Left for dead by teammates. Oh and Bled out is also annoying.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,815
    Other (Specify)

Being zoned to death by a halfway-decent Deathslinger or Pyramid Head

I really don't like playing them lol

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    Left to die on hook by teammates not bothering to unhook you (even if the killer is obviously not camping)

Me self-care in corner, me smart player, me find hatch, gg ez baby killer.

• SvarturSteinn
    SvarturSteinn Member Posts: 58
    Other (Specify)

I'm pumping the space bar and for some reason my frames suddenly drop and I die.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,822
    Tunneled by killer

It depends when the tunnel opens, but, getting tunneled at the start of the game, before you even get to do anything, is most annoying to me. I don't really care if I get killed in the late game, if I also feel like I had a good chance to play.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

The most annoying death I had was being slugged to bleed out. Please note that I do not mind being slugged, nor do I have a problem with bleeding out. Slugging is a valid tactic the Killer can use. Sometimes we bleed out while they chase other people or whatnot. That happens and that isn't what made this particular death annoying.

*I was the last Survivor. All the others were dead and gone. I got slugged near the gate and by a hook. The Killer (a Ghostface) could have simply hooked me OR waited the (60) seconds if he was worried about DS and then hooked me. He didn't do either of these things. He proceeded to use his Ghostface ability to tea-bag my face for the entire time while I bled out.

This is, in my opinion, a case of extremely bad sportsmanship. I think ti borders on taking the game hostage because he is not further his goals as there were no other Survivors, he wasn't breaking pallets for points, etc. He simply wanted to tea-bag for as long as he could. Most Killers are actually pretty good sports. I'm not sure why the few I run into that are not are almost always playing Ghostface. To some degree, I think having the "option" to tea-bag attracts the worst kind of people.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

I'd imagine this would be pretty annoying too (something I do to Survivors often lol)

• Gate opened by killer, 3 Survivors are left to go free, running right over the 4th Survivors body bleeding out at the exit gate while they get Mori'd.
  • SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited October 2020
    Gameplay bugs/glitches/exploits (Hits that should not have connected, Stuck in a locker, Exhausted on the ground, Ghostface reveal not working, etc)

For me the most frustrating is running and then an invisible collision sticking out of the object you're running on just bones you out of nowhere.

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195

I was almost going to vote left to die on the hook but I have to say that revealing Ghostface is always a toss up and really needs to be tweaked a bit

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited October 2020

The problem with revealing ghostface is you need him in the center 17% of your screen but often times the center 17% is like 12% being covered by your survivor's body.

They need to move the zone up a bit so your body doesn't get in the way IMO

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited October 2020

It's definitely one of the teammate related ones. If the killer chases me and downs me fairly (or "unfairly") that's at least something I have a measure of control over, if I made a mistake that caused my being downed, yeah, that's obviously on me and that's a learning experience to do better next time. Not even the Mori off first hook thing gets me, just because if I'm mori'd after being unhooked first two minutes of the match, I'm not quite fully invested in that match to begin with, that's really just getting me out of a bad match more quickly so I can get into my next one faster.

But garbage teammates I have no control over, and when they do something that directly leads to my being hooked or death, well that personally ticks me off the most. Although I want to be clear I'm talking about blatant and direct cause and effect, my teammate unhooked me right in the killers face without BT, I get hooked again. I'm not the kind of guy who blames people on the basis of indirect causality where "my teammates were bad! Argh!" situations where I'm farmed off the hook, a fully healed player takes my vault or blocks my pallet drop, purposefully runs over to me while the killer is chasing them, leaving me on the hook when I'm literally running kindred so you can see everybody else not going for the save etc. Those are the ones that really get under my skin the most.

Bugs and glitches would technically fall under that same line of reasoning, but I honestly don't suffer from bugs or glitches all that often. Does it suck when it happens? Yeah.. but it happens too rarely at least to me for me to cite it as "most annoying" and some of them are flat out more funny than frustrating. For example the being trapped in a hill thing? That's your own fault man, I just stayed away from the edges of hills the whole time when that bug was up, never got caught once. Although I was hit by that bug where you couldn't use Oni's power if it regained passively, that was really annoying, but it only happened to me once and I rarely played Oni again (or if I did I made sure not to use passive increase add-ons and made sure to have some blood nearby when my power was about to go up passively) until it was fixed.

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

Definitely being left to die on hook, especially if I'm playing kindred. Normally I assume that teammates thought someone else was going to get me, but with kindred it's just ignorant and selfish. Luckily I play on xbox so I can remember the gamertags of poor teammates and can return the favour 😂

• kaneyboy
    kaneyboy Member Posts: 266
    Face camped by killer

Making it to door open and the killer camping you on your first hook until you die. As he can one hit you down with his chain saw.

• Blazelski
    Blazelski Member Posts: 351

I'm bothered by the obvious political leaning of this post. "Survivors opening the gates prematurely" is an option, but "dying because the survivors 99%'d the gate instead of opening it" isn't.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

Being left to bleed out for 4 minutes. If I could speed up bleed out it wouldn't be so bad but the number of times it happens when killers are trying to get tome challenges of "kill survivors by any means" done is ridiculous. The buff to knock out didn't help slugging til bleed out.

Teammates doing nothing while left on hook was close but atleast I can quickly die on the hook and move onto the next game if that's the case. The game bugs/glitches was also pretty close, as console player can't count number of times I died during struggle thanks to frame drop.

• NursesIsNotOP
    NursesIsNotOP Member Posts: 9
    Tunneled by killer

So, I play as nea and i bring the bright teal hair cosmetic because its the cheapest one that doesn't make her look worse than quintin, and killers tunnel me thinking im toxic or if i bring a medkit they think im gonna insta heal although it was removed, and a toolbox they think ill sabo hooks right as they carry someone, and apparently a key means ill open hatch infront of them. im always tunneled but i just want balanced as a teachable.

• CCClark
    CCClark Member Posts: 32
    Other (Specify)

Bad WiFi+Playing survivor+Being at the exit gate=DC

• fairfieldisms
    fairfieldisms Member Posts: 43
    Other (Specify)

Toss up between teammates ignoring you and being tunneled

• Cryinfrn
    Cryinfrn Member Posts: 24
    Other (Specify)

All of the above

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Teammates doing anything that helped the killer down you in the first place (eg. Bodyblocking, Leading the killer to you)

I have been sandbagged for the most vapid of reasons, like unhooking someone before someone else or leading a killer to someone else by accident. They do that little head nod thing and then block me in a corner, before sprint bursting away before the bubba can down them.

It's obnoxious, and screws over the other two survivors (unless they're working together) because one survivor had dedicated their playtime to ruining the experiences of others, and gens aren't being done because they're just leading the killer to their teammates with bond.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited December 2020
    Other (Specify)

I don't see accidentally killing yourself on hook because your struggle button gave out or you lagged.

I play this game so much i had to switch my struggle button from A to B on my controller since it was so worn out i kept killing myself on accident, that and dying from a lag spike on struggle phase makes me take a break for the day a lot.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

There is nothing more infuriating than seeing your teammates urban evade around the map and self caring in corners while you're helplessly struggling on hook.

• Naz
    Naz Member Posts: 122

The worst for me is having the killer led to me by a teammate. I'll never understand people that do that. I was in a game where the player led the killer to me, then tea bagged me once i was down and the killer just left me on ground for awhile. This game went on far too long but i couldn't disconnect because we get penalties for that. So i had to sit in this game that wouldn't end. It just went on and on my friend.

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,278
    Other (Specify)

Tampered Timer

• Lokami_san
    Lokami_san Member Posts: 6
    Face camped by killer

Uhm.. people who use selfcare are ######### as you will try to heal everytime you get hit.. its seriously annoying

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 620
    Tunneled by killer

I would have voted face camped but at least that gives me no hope and I'm just chillin in the hook. When you get tunneled you actually have a little hope that you might survive and make an actual effort to try to get away from the killer.

Not being unhooked despite the killer not camping is a close second though. Just yesterday this happened to me, the killer was nowhere to be seen during most of the hook timer and my fellow survs just didn't care enough about me to come for the rescue. Lol.

• HR_Helios
    HR_Helios Member Posts: 189
    Other (Specify)

The most annoying thing for me is getting hit when I feel like I played well and played my distance correctly. For instance waiting for a running vault on killer shack window just in case of a double back then vaulting as they follow and swing what looks like early then hit me after I take a couple steps. Those annoy me because I know I didnt misplay it. I played it right and dedicated servers got me downed.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,867

Nothing is more frustrating than this, because I can't control what my team does. If they don't bother saving me, I get punished for it and they don't even though they're the ones being the idiots.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

dying in a 12 hook game + bugs/glitches/servers/etc.

• SiMpSoUp
    SiMpSoUp Member Posts: 10
    Other (Specify)

Nothing pisses me off more than when a survivor purposely brings the killer towards me, and I end up getting killed.

• MESH
    MESH Member Posts: 10

So far, I haven't encountered any bugs that affected my matches. But many times I would drop a pallet, and the killer hits me while their character model quickly slides behind the pallet. I don't know if this is an internet issue or not.

• Ghost_Pepper
    Ghost_Pepper Member Posts: 19

To me, the number one most annoying is being downed by hits that clearly didn't connect, but being tunneled is a close second.