Tunneled

survivors need to analysis their way of what tunnel is exactly like watch this video.

https://youtu.be/l5o6tGOz5UE

Comments

• yadielrodriguez
    yadielrodriguez Member Posts: 515

Finally someone who got it who understand the meaning of it so thank you and I been doing this and people think it tunneled all they think is killer fault but never survivor fault which this is why this community don't wanna play dbd anymore.

• yadielrodriguez

I only camp if all gens is done because I want a kill so you can't blame me on that right like nothing else I can do and that why I use Freddy and doctor to piss them off because they got no advantage against them.

• Rex3
    Rex3 Member Posts: 87

At the end it makes sense. They are either going to escape or come right to you to save them. Might as well get a few extra hits or whatever once that is all over.

• yadielrodriguez

Exactly thank you my friend and we need people like us who understand these problems.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I think the issue of tunneling comes from the fact that peoples definition of it is vastly different from each.

In other words the definition of tunneling is subjective.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Just a made up word to use as a excuse for losing.. same with camper, gen rushing, kill rushing

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Im sorry to say that but i never saw a survivor who want to make sure i had fun when i was killer so i dont know i killer should make the game fun for the survivor

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

I've seen plenty. Clearly we have differing experiences.

• SurvJoe
    SurvJoe Member Posts: 111

what u on about ? tunneling is real thing go play some survivor as soon as killer sees u dont have decisive strike = your game is over unless killer purposely will ignore u for a while which is rare occasion

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Face camping is okay when you do it to someone that you caught after a long toxic chase. I did it the other day to a Dwight who loved to vault spam non stop just to annoy me and get me to chase him. He wanted my attention and I gave it to him. But rather than face him, I stood next to him facing away from the hook so he could see my face as the entity took him.

I will do the same to anyone who t-bags and points every time they get a pallet stun on me. Like, yeah, I know, you got me, you don't have to rub it in, but if you insist, I will do the same.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Yeah, what is the meaning behind the point at pallets? I always thought they were telling me to chase someone else.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I'm Not saying that that tunneling is a not real thing, I'm saying that its subjective.

A killers definition of tunneling could be different from a survivors definition of tunneling.

P.S I'm a survivor main

• beached
    beached Member Posts: 303

I will just say this. I will not complain about tunneling because I run DS. The reason I do this is because killers have all game the gain bloodpoints, survivors that happen to get hooked first and ultimately meet their demise sooner don't have this opportunity. As someone who is trying to simply play the game and level-up characters I would like at least a chance to get bloodpoints, because getting chased for a short period without being able to cleanse totems, work on gens, or heal other survivors the bloodpoints are abysmal. I understand the need to get a particular survivor out quickly, because honestly the biggest threat to a killer is simply the number of survivors left in the game. Power in numbers is very important in a game like this. If a killer decides to tunnel me, if I have smart teammates they'll just rush 3 gens at once and pretty much cost the killer the match. It's not smart to tunnel anyone has killer as somebody who plays killer 30% of the time. Wasting your time going after one survivor and putting on your blinders to every other survivor in the match is pretty much just piss-poor strategy for killers. When I started playing killer I found myself tunneling and losing quite a bit, and since changed the way I played killer. At the end of the day tunnelers will ultimately be punished especially with perks like DS, which I think is essential for survivors which just statistically have a harder time farming points compared to killers. Anyone may feel free to disagree, but just in my small 200+ hours of playing this is just what I've observed.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

its also the killers fault for prioritizing them over other, just as (or even more) vulnerable targets.

its not like this was entirely one sides fault, both sides can be held responsible for it.

and if you are allowed to complain about 2nd chances survivors have, they are also allowed to complain if you play like that.

and no, im not denying that there are a lot of BS camp / tunnel claims. but saying that every camp / tunnel complaint would be bad and it would be entirely their fault if that happened is just as biased as calling everything tunneling / camping.

• Rex3

Killing survivors is an objective for a killer. If we can't attack a survivor that is injured off hook then survivors shouldn't be able to work on generators that they didn't start.

• Mister_xD

kill them however you want.

but dont expect them (or in general other players) to praise you for using scummy tactics.

if you make their gaming experience miserable, dont complain when they start making yours miserable.

• Rex3

You can't protect all gens at once. Even when tunneling a killer still has to chase them down. Running second chance perks is fine it's just when there are suddenly 4 survivors that are all unkillable getting someone off hook and out the door and there is nothing that can be done that is BS. It's like NOED is BS.

• Rex3

I don't expect being praised for anything. Frankly they should remove chat between killer and survivors so that they can't communicate with each other

• Mister_xD

no i would not like that.

if you want your chat disabled, do that for yourself.

i like having it open, chatting with the others i played with.

• Rex3

They do that anyway. I don't get it who doesn't believe that gens get rushed every single trial?? Where are you survivors that just stand in the middle of the map and let killer's down you over and over and simulate chases just to build up bp? Oh yeah rushing generators.

• Rex3

Well then don't call people out for something like tunneling like the other person should care how much fun you had. Your survivor mates dictate your fun in how well they do. It's like playing a sport. You don't tell the other team that they should have let you score more because it wasn't fun.

• Mister_xD

why shouldnt i?

seems like you cant handle critisism on your playstyle very well.

if you want to avoid that, try playing more fair next time.

you can win without hardtunneling down the first person you see, ya know?

• GoodBoyKaru

Me, I believe that, since they don't get rushed vs me. I recorded 30 matches in a row, every single one was over 13 minutes long. Rank 1. They were playing seriously, and I was able to not camp or tunnel at all.

Maybe, just maybe, you're bad as killer.

• Rex3

It isn't criticism. It is someone feeling as though they were wronged so they complain. If someone unhooks I chase the unhooker. But there are times when a trade happens and then I will turn and chase the unhooked (or they ran borrowed and now I'm going to try and get the down on the unhooked because I've already wasted my time trying to hit someone that took no damage). I've already downed and hooked someone else. I can't help it if your team decides to heal you 15 feet from me and I find you. I'm going to try to down you before you get healed before hitting the other person. Downing someone is more important than injuring someone.

• Rex3

I'm def not a great killer. I've got less than 100 hours in the game between playing both killer and survivor and only reached rank 5 before reset since I only get a couple hours every few days to play. The only reason I have as much time in as I do was because I was quarantined for 2 weeks due to covid.

You can go watch top players and streamers get gen rushed most games. Otzdarva gets rushed. Tru gets rushed. Are you saying you are a better killer than Otz? The only way to prevent it is to have the proper perks which you can't have until you unlock them.

Again survivors aren't just standing in the middle of the map playing games. If two survivors are on either side of the map on a gen and you are in the middle and both pair start a gen you won't be able to stop both. I don't care how good you are. One gets done while you chase on the other side of the map. If you leave that side to go to the other the first gets finished before you ever have a chance to get back. It's why ormond is such an awful map for killer. If all survivors would get the middle gen then split into two pairs and go to opposite sides of the map there would be little most killer's could do.

• GoodBoyKaru

Am I better than Otz or Tru3? Probably not, though I'd say I'm a better Nurse than Otz is. Probably a better Pyramid Head than them both too, when I actually try to win and don't just go for fun through-the-wall shots. But Otz is the best Trapper player I know, and Tru3 is very good at all-round killers.

But, again, they also don't get rushed every single game. There are very, very few times where I have experienced getting rushed, and they don't get rushed all too often either. Like Otz had that game as Slinger on Haddonfield- he still won. He didn't get rushed, he pulled it back. That's part of what makes a good killer, being able to come back.

You don't care how good of a killer I am? Well you should, since I'm able to consistently win.

Also Ormond is my favourite map to get as Pyramid Head or Nurse, so, there's that. Saloon can ######### off though. So can Mother's Dwelling.

• Rex3

So you play nurse and want to argue about how easy it is for you to win consistently? It's been proven time and time again that nurse is the strongest killer and can counter the very best teams of survivors.

Without proper perks you can't patrol all gens at once. With no perks and no toolbox a gen can be done by 1 person in 80 seconds. That is nothing until the end. If you can prevent an easy 3 gen then the killer is at a huge disadvantage. Tru right now is showing what no gen defense means in having all gens done around 5 minutes. Otz won that slinger match more so because survivors tend to prioritize saving one person when 3 other could escape.

• GoodBoyKaru

I actually play pyramid head more, Nurse is my off one when I'm bored of him. Alternatively there's doctor and wraith which I play semi regularly, and Bubba too. All of these killers, bar nurse, have no movement ability and very little map pressure yet I still don't get rushed. Funny that.

Also, I know the numbers of this game. I've been playing for 3 years and have over 2000 hours tallied up. Maybe focus more on improving yourself instead of crying genrush every game.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818
    edited October 2020

it seems like the main point is that someone said he tunneled and he didn't agree so he angrily rehashed the whole match on his YouTube channel to prove it?

Based on what I saw, I guess I agree that it didn't seem like he was tunneling. I don't think it really proves any point one way or the other about tunneling as a strategy.

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436

Not to sound condescending, but if you only have 100 hours in the game, I think you need to be more experienced in the game until you can make broad statements like "Gens get rushed every game".

Also you shouldn't be blindly name dropping streamers. They do have valid points, but if the game were really as imbalanced as you are implying, they wouldn't be winning 85% of their games.

• Rex3
    edited October 2020

I am improving myself. But I don't believe you can stop most gens from popping from simply walking around. I've seen 3 gens pop in the first 3 minutes and only ever chased and downed a single person while only ever being near 1 running generator. And that was without being led off into a dead zone. 1 person can pop 3 gens unaided in 4 minutes while the other 3 survivors distract a killer with chases Downs hooks and saves.

Again I don't usually tunnel just to tunnel but I will take the opportunity should it present itself to down them.

• Rex3

Gens do get rushed every game. Whether the rush is successful is a different argument. If this wasn't the case then we wouldn't have a meta that includes 3 perks dedicated to preventing gens from getting finished.

I play with no gen reduction perks. I just unlocked ruin as teachable a few days ago just bought clown a couple weeks ago so don't have pop. Don't have plague for corrupt. Gens pop so fast without proper perks that you can't stop them unless they misplay. So if I complain about something being new to the game and then players with thousands of hours in the game complain about the same thing then there is a problem because it might get better with practice and experience but it doesn't actually get better.

Gens being rushed and the killer still killing most or all doesn't mean that gens are fine. It means something happened to let the killer capitalize.

• yadielrodriguez

Watch this recent video about people say gen rush is not a thing well this video show everything that it do exist and we know it exist but people don't wanna believed us.

https://youtu.be/U5uTJzXoVZw

• lowiq

Gens don't get rushed every game. Gen Rushing implies that a survivor sits on a gen ignoring everything else in the game. While this is the optimal strategy for survivor, it doesn't happen in 99% of games.

Just because you couldn't stop a gen from being completed, doesn't mean the gen was rushed. That is not to say that gen speed isn't a problem at high ranks against coordinated teams. However, the notion that you as a killer have no agency to influence the game sounds like an excuse to not get better.

• yadielrodriguez

Wow really you are a SWF player I guess who like to think the killer is wrong.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Ds only give you one more chance. Once that chance is gone survivors tend to overprotect the dead on hook.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Don't go running to the furthest gens. Stay next to 3 gens and lock them down.

• lowiq
    edited October 2020

I find it funny how the same people arguing tunneling is not a thing are the same people that unironically are arguing gen rushing is a thing. They are both just excuses to absolve yourself from playing bad. Can you honestly after losing a game not have found a lot of mistakes that would have changed the outcome?

And for the record, No. If I ever do swf it is without coms.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

The problem with that meant held he is acting like every time someone says they're being tunneled it's genuine.

I have had people call me out for tunneling simply because I didn't ignore them as pig when they had a reverse bear trap on their head. ( keep in mind I had hooked two other people before going after them)

If you ever want tunneling to be fixed as a lot of people complain about you need to come up with a genuine consensus on what tunnelling is because 90% of the survivor community can't agree on it.

• Rex3

You could hook one let them be unhooked then get 12 9 hooks on all 3 other players before final hook on the original person and they will say you tunneled.

• yadielrodriguez

Look a person who say gen rush is not a thing it sound like it never happen to you and is like people say DS is not bad to use well it is but I guess you are a DS player who use the same build as everyone does so you think it fine but when the day come that DS get nerf will be the day people don't wanna play dbd for good which is good so the fun can begin again and no more frustration and sweaty games anymore.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Also - if you drop a pallet and then teabag, congrats - you now have my undivided attention.