You shouldn't be able to 'get inside the killer'.

Options

Stealthing away from the killer by crouching at a corner and running under their nose as they pass is ingenious and funny... But that also allows running into the killer's crotch, and then to their side as they try to attack, which is ridiculous.

Not as a perk but as an innate mechanic (you call it 'basekit' here?) there should be some sort of collision slowdown. Bumping into the killer for any reason should reduce your movement speed for two thirds of a second. Could also produce a quiet grunt from survivor (and killer?) but it's not necessary.

If this were basekit it could allow a Dead Hard-esque perk that lets a survivor dash and bump into the killer to slow them down instead, but it has to be from a distance, not point-blank.

At any event, both of these must slow movement and never stun if implemented at all. What do you think?

Comments

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720
    Options

I think it's funny, and if someone gets me with it I accept I was outplayed. No changes needed imo.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,602
    Options

It's an exploit. Same with DS granting immunity to traps for a second after getting off the killer's shoulder.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited October 2020
    Options

It's a Dumb Tech for a reason. If the killer falls for it, they're dumb.

If after hitting a survivor, I truly cannot tell where they went, I usually just walk backwards and M1. Sometimes its because they did that, sometimes I just missed it... but I always check my own hitbox when I'm in doubt after a hit.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

OR, when someone's touching you, as killer, you should get those little Ghostface alerts to let you know. I mean, if he can sense when people are looking at him, why can no one in this game sense when they're physically being touched?

For me, this has always been annoying, if only because it breaks my suspension of disbelief. In real life, if you ran up and hugged someone's legs, they would know you were there.