The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why are people disconnecting before the last hook?

They lose there items, they lose there bloodpoints.
The killer get some bloodpoints less but that is not a good reason to disconnect.

Comments

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

You don't lose either items or bloodpoints if you hard dc.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Because in their mind, they’ve won if you didn’t get the hook.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

They are poor losers

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Because they can keep their items this way

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

@Justicar said:
    You don't lose either items or bloodpoints if you hard dc.

^This^ That exploit is still not fixed and I doubt it's even possible without making people loose thier stuff when their game crashes, when their internet connection fails, etc.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Because if it denies the killer their extra 175 points, they'll do it.
  • Sally55
    Sally55 Member Posts: 368
    edited September 2018

Because They're salty they were trash and do it to spite the killer.

Post edited by Sally55 on
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Sally55 said:
    Because They're salty they were trash and doit to spite the killer.

Perhaps the killer was hacking, exploiting, just being a total jerk and tunneling them and only them while letting everyone else farm. There's countless reasons why and perhaps they're also doing it to go after their fellow survivors that sandbagged them.

Their could be many reasons not just because their salty and trash which is ironic since killers rage quit all the time because they either didn't get a kill. Didn't get more than 1 kill or the survivors are about to exit so they instant quit so they don't actually make it out.

• pureleeawesome
    pureleeawesome Member Posts: 30

I know some people wait until the last hook to do it because they are trying to depip without overly affecting other survivors/the killer much.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

They don’t want their holes resized from the penetration.

• powerbats

@ToastfaceKilla said:

@powerbats said:

@Sally55 said:
    Because They're salty they were trash and doit to spite the killer.

Perhaps the killer was hacking, exploiting, just being a total jerk and tunneling them and only them while letting everyone else farm. There's countless reasons why and perhaps they're also doing it to go after their fellow survivors that sandbagged them.

Their could be many reasons not just because their salty and trash which is ironic since killers rage quit all the time because they either didn't get a kill. Didn't get more than 1 kill or the survivors are about to exit so they instant quit so they don't actually make it out.

There is literally 0 reason to DC as a survivor on the last hook though, if you think someone is genuinley hacking, record it and then disconnect immediatley anyway. (Not that actual hackers are very common.) Again, if the killer is working with survivors and killing you, thats reportable, but lets be real, isnt happening in every game.

If your a survivor, you just die. Take the loss, if your about to be hooked you are going to be out of the game just as quickly suiciding on the hook as you are disconnecting. Not defending killers disconnecting either, but at least if a killer is being "bullied" and can't get a single hook, they are d/cing more just to end the game than anything else, may as well just go afk.

Oh I agree, just giving multiple reasons why it could happen, just might even be a non intentional dc like a game crash. Which has happened to me where it just randomly crashes for no reason. doing a gen, running, getting hit and being pushed forward.

Although those are extremely rare to happen, real life is one as well.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

They missed their DS skillcheck that they'd been saving the entire match for a free escape.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Two words: Entitled Children

• powerbats

@Mister_Holdout said:
    Two words: Entitled Children

D and S are in Decisive strike so that doesn't work but perhaps "Didn't Succeed" works better.

• Ysoria
    Ysoria Member Posts: 13

Cause sometimes you didnt even start a gen you're already hooked and some stupid mates save you in front of the killer twice and you just dont want to wait for the whole animation. I sometimes DC as survivors, although i'm a killer main, and I think it's reasonable. Moreover, the killer doesn't lose anything (almost) and gain time too so ...

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254

Yeah I got around forty hours in now and this happens way, way to much. I've probably had one or two disconnects in that forty hours so I would be fine if they severely punished people for disconnecting.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

Because when the killer hooks you and you die and they want to de pip and dont wanna effect the game way to mutch :P

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@Zaram said:
    They lose there items, they lose there bloodpoints.
    The killer get some bloodpoints less but that is not a good reason to disconnect.