Update broke Ps4/console

Options
MissKitty95
MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

With the new update released the game is kind of unplayable on ps4 , the frames are so jumpy I don’t no what happened but wow can this kind of be fixed ASAP as that’s kind of a major problem... it’s not jsut me others also are having this issue

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

I just played several matches survivor and killer on ps4 slim and the only time I had an issue is the first 5 seconds after loading into a game. The FPS would drop and the game was stuttery. No problems after that

• MissKitty95
    edited October 2020
    Options

Since the update today the frame rate on the ps4 has unfortunately declined to a point the game is barley playable, I currently don’t have video footage I will try upload later if I play as the game is not really playable at the moment with how choppy everything is, console ps4 pro issues started after the update today

Post edited by Mandy on
  • taimea
    taimea Member Posts: 84
    Options

yah game laggy like i got 2 FPS on survivor normal ps4

• bunbun666
    bunbun666 Member Posts: 3
    Options

I can confirm this, although it KINDA goes away for me once I explore the map but in the beginning and sometimes while your running there is a MASSIVE drop in frames. Makes it hard to get a good chase.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

I just played a game on coal tower. It was a slide show. Bhvr is a joke. They either don't bother testing or absolutely do not care

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

same I'm on pro and it a little laggy at the start but play normal after.

• bigbeefynacho
    bigbeefynacho Member Posts: 351
    Options

Yup it's horrible. This may be my last day playing this trash game full of inept devs until they fix this problem. SMH

• MissKitty95
    Options

I played the ph map and ormand and I said that’s enough I can’t deal with it lol

• MissKitty95
    Options

Hopefully they fix up but from the looks of what people are saying they won’t bother with fixing it :(

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Last night

1. My survivor barely walks forward, he can only change direction and sprint, but cannot walk after stopping until I move sideways or sprint out of it.

2. The cursor when moving though the blood web and perk selection as if they are covered in glue.

I tried a different controller today which seemed to work, so I blamed my original controller which I brought with a ps4 pro 3 days earlier off ebay. Could mine be the update that is bugging it? Or is it my controller which looks absolutely fine.

• K1LLA4247
    K1LLA4247 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Im on ps4, I've tried deleting storage to try an fix it and i still have massive frame drops and i dont see a reason to reset my router if everything else works perfectly, but I'll try to reset it and if it doesn't fix it then I dunno, also my ping averages 30 to 45 pre match and in game everyone's ping is 80 to 100+ I've asked and they said they have no lag

• Lusiem9
    Lusiem9 Member Posts: 87
    Options

on switch after update fog have cube auras and Oni, Traper, Legion spawn without masks

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options
  • MusiLaura
    MusiLaura Member Posts: 1
    Options

Same issue here. On PS4 we are getting a huge lag, and we usually lose when having to struggle on the 2nd phase of the hook. Hope this gets fixed soon as it is really annoying.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,523
    Options

Can someone get me a video of this please?

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options

For me the performance has only been nightmarish on the new macmillan maps.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Now going to play first game today. Given I can pretty much only sprint, its going to be 1 killer v 3 survivors and professional athlete.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

I've seen some Ghostface Blight today on ps4. Also some Legion + survivor but those could've been iridescent shards. Blight cosmetic killers are being very campy today, probably better than running around with all the stuttering.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328
    Options

I was going to spend lots this event as a few of my friends recently took up the game! It's a shame :(

• Vhaziri
    Vhaziri Member Posts: 20
    Options

Did you try to change your PS4 output resolution settings to 720p?

• BigFudge
    BigFudge Member Posts: 239
    Options
  • humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,793
    Options

is this only a ps4 issue currently I've had no frame problems on xbox except the usual

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    Options
  • Kathpatty
    Kathpatty Member Posts: 19
    Options

Agree with all comments. It is off. Watched streamers on PC and they are elated with the fix but now PS4 is screwed. I played to see mAps but the movement was so wrong

• Kathpatty
    Kathpatty Member Posts: 19
    Options

I also had my L1 circle stay stuck on my screen while the generator would no longer be repaired. Unhooked survivor and died with L1 circle Still stuck on screen. Could not repair anymore and unable to heal