Congrats everyone, they nerfed the Spirit!

2»

Comments

• Mooshroome64
    Mooshroome64 Member Posts: 105

I thought some killer's breathing had seemed to get alot louder lately (Trapper and Wraith most noticeably for me), I am not surprised that has now spread to others now too, even if unintended. Maybe Spirit used Stridor so much she started unconsciously copying the louder breathing of survivors! Whatever the reason I hope it gets looked at in due time but I think it will be low priority.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

depends on how you define "counter" or "counterplay". Usually teamplay is a way. But most people want to counter a killer in 1v1, which means the killer cant only win in a 4v1 if his skill level is way higher than the survivors.

But maybe we can figure it out. What means counterplay to you?

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

You're operating under the logic that it's a real online horror game and not some sports game with a horror skin stretched on or a Dlc shopping mall. Otherwise I get you

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

While your right, the problem with this logic is that the game has evolved to be more focused on the 1v1 and not the 4v1! Spirit is a killer that makes survivor's have to use their brain to 1v1 her which is why she is hated because survivor's can't mindlessly 1v1 her or accept the fact that if they play well she will eventually adapt and get the survivor she's chasing!

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

One of my biggest reasons for deleting dbd people hate survivors. Jesus christ that's such a huge generalization. Thank god there are good killer mains out there.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

After reading a few comments I have to ask this!

Why is it ok for killer's to guess and not being able to do anything in certain situation, but if survivor's have to guess or can't do anything in a situation it's bad?

• WeWillFloat
    WeWillFloat Member Posts: 15

I find chases against the Spirit really fun. Fight me.

• WeWillFloat

Because chasing is supposed to be all exiting for survivors exclusively. Killers aren't supposed to feel thrilled about chasing someone, nope, now, got another loop!

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

It's almost like the way it should have been from the beginning.

• WeWillFloat

Okay. i can see that you like the Nurse, so I'll give you a hint about how most good Spirits work. Surprisingly, Rin and Sally share certain chase pattern that's really easy to understand. It isn't exclusive, that what makes chases against the Spirit all thrilling and unpredictable, but I can say for sure that I can usually tell how the Spirit plays.

The main reason why I can enjoy being chased against her is... I treat chases as a way to give time to other survivors, I don't treat them like "Oh, I'll outrun you, beat you up with pallets, escape all at one time". You will fall unless she switches a target midchase. You're supposed to put this moment away for as long as you can.

• WeWillFloat
    edited October 2020

I know when she starts phasing and that's pretty much enough for me. Her animation glimpse gives it away, I don't get how you all do not notice it. But I feel like I will have to live on with the exclusive ability to tell when she's phasing, what a shame.

It's not really cheap. It depends on the way you play that you'll make her catching you cheap. If you play around correctly, you'll actually realize that you both can mess with each other. I'd say it's more about the environment you juke her in, so I'd complain more about it than about the Spirit herself. The big misconception people have here is that the Spirit just always knows where the survivor is and where they will go. That's correct... When it comes to bad survivors. Good survivors will make your brain boil sometimes. Unfortunately, right now the majority of survivor is unable to play against the Spirit because she's harder to play around than other M1 killers. And that leads to another misconception that The Spirit doesn't require any skill. Again, that's true... For bad survivors.

The Deathslinger who played shooter games for the whole live may leave no window of opportunity for you to juke him. The Spirit leaves you one.

Not to mention, it doesn't matter if it feels cheap or not, we still have the Nurse who can demolish godlike survivor teams. I don't really care if the right to destroy survivors is fairly gained because a person had spent hours and hours into playing her, I simply see a more powerful killer that can be stronger than the Spirit. Yet we take Rin as "ew, totally wack killer that earns 4k each game, nerf" and Sally as "Oh, it's just the Nurse, nothing wrong with 4k every game as her, love and peace, +rep, great player".

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

As the #1 blueberry main NA I can safely say she still is strong. She still has an insane power. Also are you trying to say the fact that she gave zero tells, zero information and forces guessing on the survivor side is a "mindgame" and it's her power. That's a design flaw.

• WeWillFloat

Thank you for dropping me a blessed video of the SpiritHate community that is being thrown at everyone who knows how to see when she starts phasing, THANK YOU. Unfortunately when I suggested the person who made the video to actually go private with me, so I could prove that it's possible to tell when the Spirit phases, he said "hey, good for you, anyways...". I don't know, if you wanna go private so I could show you that... Oh, wait, she's bugged at the moment, maybe later.

If you say that the Nurse deserves 4k every game because she's more skilled, doesn't that mean that the same logic can apply to the Spirit? You don't get me here, we have certain power ceiling here, and the Nurse's power outbeats Rin's power, yet we still complain about the Spirit. If you use the same skill amount as a survivor who can outrun a good Nurse, you will outrun a good Spirit as well, I REALLY don't get you here.

Nope, I just pointed out that it's possible to enjoy chases against the Spirit.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Fairness is another not well defined word. For my understanding, spirit is fair. So maybe you should go into more detail.

But remember, its a 4v1 game. If a killer could be beaten in a 1v1 situation easily, he can never win at all.

I dislike looping, both as killer and survivor. Thats why i like killers that neutralise that mechanic, because they force a different playstyle, and more teamwork.

Why is it important to be able to beat every killer with the same boring strategy?

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Well when bugs turn into interesting features that should stay, I'm all for supporting them. Like this one.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

Easily with practice. I also find it funny that you say "Stridor Spirit". All the good Spirit players don't use Stridor. It's useless, and wastes a perk slot. It's a perk for people to use as a crutch till they get used to the sounds in the games and can pick them up when they are quiet. I would recommend looking up some counter spirit videos on youtube, or search on the forms "Spirit Counter" and you will find a lot of threads about how to counter the spirit. In my opinion the best way to learn how to counter spirit is to simply play against her, read when you get hit, find your weakness and then cover it with a perk. For example if a Spirit with "Stridor" is your issue then obviously you have issues with masking your characters sounds when playing; Try Iron Will, or Calm Spirit. As far as playing against Spirit, listening to sound is your strength too. Her phasing noise if muffled means she phased while indoors, knowing where buildings are on the map gives you an idea on where she is if you were not already aware of the direction she was in already. Staying healed so you can take the first hit in a chase is extremely helpful, learning when to stop running, and pull a 180 when she tries to phase to chase you between loops is good to practice too.

Like any other Killer countering her simply comes with practice, and this game has a big learning curve, not as big of a learning curve it is for Killers for survivor has some hurdles to cover when trying to learn how to counter specific Killers.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

Looks like some players have not been following Developer Information. This game is NEVER going to be a competitive game, the developers ARE ONLY TRYING TO BALANCE THE GAME AROUND CASUAL PLAY. The issue the game has is because there are too many players coming in and minmaxing because they want to treat it like a competitive game. That's why the biggest issues right now are survivor second chance perks, and people that play in SWF with comms. Also I think you have the idea of versus wrong. The game isn't 1v1, nor is it really 1v4. It's just there is a Killer and there is 4 survivors. The Killer can kill everyone, and the 4 survivors can each possibly survive. Intentionally they want most Killers to at least kill two survivors, and have 2 survivors escape. That is considered a Win for the Killer, and a win for the survivors. Too many players are making up the idea that because you died as survivor means you lost, and the current scoreboard system makes Killers feel like getting 2 kills is still a loss. The dev's however already mentioned they want the game to feel like both parties win in a 2 death, 2 escape situation.

Actually participate in hearing the dev's before spewing falsehoods on where the game is going, or how it's intended to be played.