For my console brothers and sisters

Options

WE cannot wait for them to act, so again we rise up. Let's create another super thread about their incompetence in optimizing console. Talk about your experiences, talk about the good and bad times with this game on console. Let this thread be the one to reach the legacy of that other super thread. They won't listen until we either leave or become loud enough. But we cannot fall like our predecessors. NO DEV BASHING. Or The mods WILL close this.

Comments

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    Options

My times are good on Switch. Just a weird issue with fog.

• GhostyyBoi
    GhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416
    Options

Really? I've heard only bad things about Switch.

I guess it's improved, glad to hear that.

I hope console will be better after the new generation comes out.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    edited October 2020
    Options

I first tried Dead by Daylight a little before Christmas of last year. My first game on XBOX One was a mess. I was facing higher rank players (because I was playing on my cousin's account), and I was frightened to death about what to do. I hid in a locker against a Huntress for about half the match. (Yes, I was once a Baby Dwight). Because my cousins loved the game so much, I decided to get it. Only I did't own an XBOX One. I only had a Nintendo Switch and a PS4. Ultimately, I got it for Switch because my cousin also owned a Switch and at the time crossplay wasn't an option. My cousin bought the game for Nintendo Switch, and we played together fairly often for a couple weeks.

Over time, I improved at the game and decided to buy all the DLC. Yes, every bit of it. All the way up through Pyramid Head. As rumors of Cross Progression and Crossplay came out, I decided to buy the game a second time. This time for the PS4. The performance was a massive improvement. I quickly made my way up the ranks on both sides, my experience on Switch giving me an advantage. Then crossplay came out, and I decided to once again buy every single piece of DLC. There was a sale, and I figured Cross-Progression may never come.

Since then, I've managed to earn a massive amount of Bloodpoints in the game. Enough to have unlocked every perk in the game. I even P3'd Kate, and got every single perk on her. It took me about two months of playing massive amounts of the game but I did it. I even found a nice SWF group to play with occasionally.

Unfortunately, I ran into a bit of a problem with this latest update. I was pretty excited for it. More map reworks, the Halloween event, and I don't have to worry too much about BP Gains because I don't plan to P3 any killers, and can just focus on getting them the bloodpoints. But that's when I ran into a significant issue: The game just isn't very playable in its current state on PS4. The Framerate drops too often. And I'm not one to make minor complaints about framerate drops because usually I barely notice. But in Dead by Daylight I've noticed it badly.

I've spent more money on this game than probably any other game than the Sims 4. Maybe even more than The Sims 4. I own every killer and survivor on both Switch and PS4 (except Blight + Felix on Switch, because I have not returned to the Switch since moving over to PS4 and have no plans on doing so). I've even bought a couple of cosmetics, even though I've been a bit wary of the prices. "It's supporting the devs," I tell myself. "after all, they keep working on making this game great. Even if I don't always agree with their decisions."

But this last update has been a major disappointment. Not because of the content, but because of how the game runs (or rather, how it doesn't run). It's a struggle to play in a match, and I hesitate to even try because I don't want to put my team at a disadvantage. I'm not sure the team tested this on a PS4 console before sending out the update. Maybe they tried it on a PC with PS4 specs or something like that. But the experience of playing with frame rates this bad is unpleasant to say the least.

DBD is a fantastic game, and it's obvious the devs have put a lot of effort into it. I really hope they'll work out the issues with the framerates in time for us PS4 players to participate in this event. Because it's one thing I've been looking forward to this month. The Halloween Event. I mean halloween and DBD go together like Michael Myers and Stabbing babysitters. It's a match made in the entity's realm.

I'm sure it'll take time for them to work out the issues. But I hope they are making it a priority. And hearing it from them would be nice, given how forgotten we console players can feel at times.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

PS4 crossplay off. Most killers seem to just be farming right now to get rift challenges done. Few actually try to kill everyone (usually resort to slugging/camping starting with first down) but most just seem to have given up. Keep having entity take me if the farming killers don't kill me because I feel bad. It's bad as survivor but it has to be miserable as killer. As survivor myself and others in red ranks just keep missing skill checks from the frame drops. Lots of 2nd hook stage deaths thanks to frame drops during struggle.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

In PC there are issues too this patch, I'm experiencing FPS issues I never experienced before.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

I can't guarantee it'll solve the problem, but re-mapping your struggle button to one of the triggers might alleviate things a bit. I almost never get struggle-sacrificed while using LT, plus it's a more comfortably mash-able button. Pure speculation that me be the result of me using my Frankontroller for DbD (rebuilt with parts from 3 deceased XbOne controllers), but the input window on trigger buttons seems a teensy bit more generous.

Only downside is I sometimes get stuck in crouch right after being unhooked... but there's always the other trigger.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

At the same time, the event cakes weren't detrimental to gameplay. You didn't have to use them. Sadly I don't have any because I got the PS4 version well after the event. But I still see people using them. The FPS issue is quite detrimental to the gameplay.

• Maxwell
    Maxwell Member Posts: 143
    Options

Your getting people who want to farm? With crossplay off?

• BowlOfSoup
    BowlOfSoup Member Posts: 22
    Options

I remapped to a bumper and still have the issue. It’s the frame drops that assure that the button press doesn’t register.

• BowlOfSoup
    Options

Father Cambell’s is THE WORST for framerate lag too. Which is weird because they didn’t even touch it.

normally the frames balance out after a minute or two in game, but FCC stays consistently choppy.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

It's PS4 players that has problems right now yes? Me on One X have not seen any changes for the worse or better, yet but only played a couple of games since update.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

inb4 50 pages.

• bm33
    Options

Yeah, I've had farming killers with crossplay off since I turned off crossplay after the first day. Just yesterday and today I've had way more than normal, I can only think it's because giving up from the bad frames and to get rift challenges done (none require killing survivors).

• Maxwell
    Maxwell Member Posts: 143
    Options

Trying to farm with survivors on the Switch. They in return bring in Murky Reagents to exploit the fog bug making it near impossible to see anything on any map except Macmillain Estate

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515
    Options

I've been terrified to play with the new patch and all the event backlash 😭😭😭

• bm33
    Options

I had 2 matches today as survivor in Hawkins and it was the worst I've seen so far for stutter.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

Lol i wouldn't be surprised if it was the same crew that gave us x-ray auras.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,518
    Options

No farming killers on Xbox with Crossplay off I assure you. There is that one fun af Ghostface been around for a while, but that was before CP. We make sure they get their hooks...

• JPLongstreet
    Options

Appreciate any of our PC cousins that relate their experiences on this sort of thread ty. :)

• bm33
    Options

Maybe it's a ps4 thing? When I've tried to farm as killer most times the survivors pick up pretty quick if I just stand there slashing or run in a circle or just keep hitting a gen. Either they are game to farm or they bust out gens and leave. 😂

• JPLongstreet
    Options

Thank you for relaying what you have for us. Our passion for this game can cloud our typing judgement at times here.

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383
    Options

maps are too dark, all survivors lokk as a claudette

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295
    Options

I understand, but how many times in war have you seen battles go beyond the wishes of the starter and end well? many times. They have heard us in thier recent tweet. That's why no one is making anymore threads.

• BowlOfSoup
    Options

This would be the moment of truth to see if our revenue stream is viable for their business model.

I predict current gen hardware will not receive the GREATLY needed support and will be dead in the water.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

Exactly, on badham the survivors are literally silhouettes. Same with the bottom floor of the game.

• BowlOfSoup
    Options

It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

So how did they not know this would bust out ps4? I’m thinking they already knew and went ahead and released it to prevent all other platforms from being limited from their patch/event.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,807
    Options

I swear that using Doctors blight outfit makes the frame rate crap. I thought this before and now that I switched back on to wearing it for the event. Got the new Mcmillian map and my god is the frames bad.