Hey BHVR you rock & I'm sorry everyone's so rude with their criticism

DoctorDarling
DoctorDarling Member Posts: 44
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

This forum is exhausting. There's so much painfully unconstructive criticism that's always just wow these devs are GARBAGE/they dont CARE ABOUT ANYTHING just because buggy stuff happens. They trash talk and pretend they hate this game but I suspect they're just dissatisfied because they wanna play your awesome game when it has issues.

But even when it doesn't have issues, they'll make issues. Everyone's a critic. A real critical critic.

Can you guys just... chill? Seriously what is the deal.

<3 BHVR

I look forward to framerate issue resolution, and the halloween event. Keep it up.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

We’re all just passionate about this game.. sometimes we might criticise but we also do praise the devs. The ones who are creating nasty threads and personally attacking them are a minority..

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

They added a killer add-on that does the same thing you know. The survivor and killer ones are both not great but they're kinda fun to use, in their own dumb way. It's the only thing I like about this event

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Some forum members think that the devs are not learning from their mistakes. Overwhelmingly people are asking the devs to more thoroughly test their code, consult the gamers before commiting to major changes (perhaps using the Fog Whisperers for this), and not waste development time on balance changes that people simply don't have an appetite for. There are some balance changes that are easy to implement that do not get addressed and some things that were perfectly fine get "reworked".

Much of the community is understandably frustrated and angry. But they still need to avoid being unnecessarily rude.

• Alphonse
    Alphonse Member Posts: 146

I invested 300e in this game, after all this phase with the halloween event and how mediocre the rift is, I don't buy anything anymore, I barely play 1 game a week

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I dunno, I saw a pumpkin conveniently placed on a generator last night 🤔

• Raidyyy
    Raidyyy Member Posts: 26

So one of the mods responded here saying they do accept critisim I also made a post on this event topic. In the hopes behavior reads and addresses this I understand why many players including myself are disappointed and we should show that. However when they make good decisions I'm also someone who will point that out so no I'm not always negative about them.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,446

I just want to put out that we do welcome criticism in regards of the game. You're free to voice your concerns as long as it's respectful and not insulting. That goes for all sides, whether you like or dislike changes and you're free to discuss them with others too. Just remain respectful at all times.

Good, have some then. I think it is very telling that you thank people for positive feedback, but not negative one. A lot of threads about the Halloween event have no moderator posts thanking the people posting there for their negative feedback.

Why is that?

My expectation is that if the feedback in those threads was not respectful and / or insulting the threads would be closed or deleted and the violators warned / jailed / banned. I know that warnings and post deletions are not public, and that I should not base my assumptions solely on those. A thread being locked or a moderator posting a warning to get back on-topic in the thread is visible publicly however, and I expect to see that if a thread is not respectful and insulting, I don't see that happen.

To me it looks like the feedback in those threads is therefore respectful and not insulting, again, on virtue of them not being closed or deleted. But no one is thanking those people for their respectful and not insulting but negative feedback. This gives me the impression that you only care about positive feedback.

I hope you disagree with me saying that you only care about positive feedback because I am wrong about that, but that is nonetheless the impression I have regarding the communication from the developer side about the Halloween event.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

There are some legitimate complaints now but i agree that moat forum members are being the usual drama queens about it.

Yes the event is somewhat lackluster compared to the past and yes the performance issues on console are becoming really problematic.

No BHVR has not become evil cause they decided to not give out the new blight cosmetics for free

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

If it's feedback about the game specifically - we're moderators, not devs, so we can't tell you much about changes or whatsoever, but what we do as a team is respond to threads about the game. Engaging with the users is important too, like I said, we're players too. I've posted my opinions on too, others have too.

Our job isn't just simply dishing out warns, bans, locks and etc. We do so much more than that. If it's negative feedback, typing on every thread "Thank you" would look condescending in the long run, especially as those threads are meant for the game developers. The devs do see the threads and they do check them. We're here to keep the forums running and to also engage with the users.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

I don't think people have realsied that past events have been the same right? It's not like ppl were honestly expecting a new gamemode or anything srsly.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I never argued that one was better than the other, I simply said that killers also got a similar add-on and they were both quite meh and I haven't seen anyone use one yet. Just wanted to point it out since you wanted to solely complain about survivors. But sure keep being a sarcastic dick if it makes you feel any better?

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583

As said previously, they took out the only things that set it apart from other events and made it feel very unique and rewarding to play.

Being the vails to acquire skins of Blight.

• DerpyPlayz

Legit, besides this thread here, all I have seen you do is ban, lock, and warn, ect. I don't think you really are winning over anyone with you saying you are just another player either.

You are a mod, therefore you have authority and I am unsure why you are trying to downplay that otherwise.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 815

No, past events were not the same. The first hallowed blight, the second moonlight event and the anniversary event all added new objectives to unlock cosmetics.

I personally was dissapointed from the Halloween event a year ago aswell, but it was the first rift and while I hate the rift you can still argue, that it changed the gameplay too. Just not in a good way imo.

• DerpyPlayz

Yes you did, stop being disingenuous. You literally said "They added a killer add-on that does the same thing you know." implying that they are on the same level when they aren't.

The great part about this is not only are you using adhominems (calling me names) but you have the audacity to create a strawman in the same sentence.

If you aren't going to pay attention i'm not going to bother reminding you every five seconds why people that you call "whiny" are upset about and why they should be. This event was an embarrassment, that was my one and only point.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

I'd say say this thread has run it's course by now. You're free to voice your concerns as much as you want, just remain respectful and civil.

This discussion has been closed.