The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why would someone NOT want to farm BP?

As Survivor, I have played a number of matches where the Killer has asked to farm so that they could complete a challenge. Similarly, when I play Killer, I have, on occasion, offered Survivors a chance to farm BPs. In all of my experiences, the offer to farm has been warmly received--until today.

With the release of the new Tome, I wanted to perform a Killer challenge in order to complete the Rift. I recently played a match on console where I offered a chance to the Survivors to farm BPs. I only received one Survivor response, and they said 'No'. Even at the beginning of the match, the Survivors were actively running away from me, so it ended up being a regular match that resulted in a 2K.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? What has been your experience with farming BPs?

Comments

• Blazelski
    Blazelski Member Posts: 351

I used to do a lot of soft-farming killer (these days I don't play killer much). I have someone I play with regularly who hates farming. For her it's boring, which is fair. She wants to be chased, to outwit/outplay the killer, or to die for having failed. Farming for her might as well be her twidling her thumbs pretty much, which is fair. While I personally enjoy farming - not only for the bloodpoints but also for the wholesomeness - for others farming is the act of not playing the game. I think it was also a contributing factor that she isn't in desperate need of bloodpoints anymore.

• GoodLookinCookin
    GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341

Farming BP is boring.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,428

I already have every perk on every killer and 1 survivor with every perk. I have no use for bloodpoints because the points I get each game are enough to replace anything lost. I have no use for bloodpoints.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

Could play 2 games that equal more bp then the time it takes to hook trade all survivors/heal/do gens/ ultimately get death hooked.

its soooooo boring.

• Fattyclown
    Fattyclown Member Posts: 73

Well you know people would want the game as intended rather than submit to your comfort because you are not able to complete a challenge alone.

This reminds me of when there were the whiny Trappers who wanted to farm the catches with traps and were insistent that the survivors pass by themselves, hiding behind the excuse of farming.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

How are you talking to these people and asking them these things?

As a killer when I'm playing vs. a group that just wants to goof off I'll farm with them. Give them pallet drops and stuff. Murdering a bunch of people who aren't really trying isn't fun for me. And it's nice to have a relaxing goofy game every once in a while.

• Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605

I love killers who want to farm ######### I'll even give them the hooks. They usually hook you until you're on death hook then they just knock you down. I wish there was more killers like this

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Well sometimes they don't want to. I don't mind if I'm texted before the game but not every if they don't text beforehand.

Just had a game where the survivors worked with the killer to kill me so that will be an easy report.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Farming is one of the most boring thing's in this game. Bloodpoints does not equal fun. I'm not playing to queue up for 10 mins and then spend an abnormal amount of time in-game just to farm.

What's worse is that it's hard to actually suicide in a farming game because the survivors unhook instantly and the killer doesn't usually kill. So I either have to join in with the boring activity or play gen simulator. If I don't join in then there's also a risk of being sandbagged by the other survivors and being farmed anyway when caught.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

It’s boring. I want to actually play the game.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,520

List of bannable offenses

Griefing: Intentional Gameplay Abuse

• Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Besides just wanting a normal game they may have been burned in the past.

Let me do X and then I will do what you want and let you escape. Then not follow through.