The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I watched the most recent Dev Stream (with permission this time!) so you don't have to.

2»

Comments

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Apparently the devs don't understand why OoO is in the state it's in, at least by their stats. It's on the lower end, because most solos don't run it. Those that do are tunneled out of the game. It's when it's paired with SWF, which the devs ignore, that it becomes the issue it is. I know they ignore SWF for the most part, but it's not a hard concept to understand.

• KIKI_
    KIKI_ Member Posts: 135

It amazes me how comms is not getting addressed yet. They choose to have two completely different ways of playing the game, and then aim to balance around only one of them. Can you accept for good comms is a reality guys? People don't play swf without communicating, they just don't do that.

Does it really make sense for you? Allowing/pushing such drastic difference to the point one could even say we are talking about two different games. And then ONLY BALANCING AROUND ONE OF THEM. I need bigger letters.

Why don't give people in-built comms in the game already? I can't get it. At this point I just can't. It's not a logical thing. Apparently no one asks this question on Q&A events. The greatest problem dbd has and no one asks this question on Q&A streams.

It's been four years already, people don't play the game the way you intended in the first place. Four years.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,740

maybe instead of slapping him you could give feedback on your own experiences to attempt to disprove the stats? violence is only the answer if it involves David King and protecting his friends.

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246

Our experiences don't matter. Didn't you watch the stream? They dismissed player experiences as anecdotal and pointed to their skewed numbers.

• GoodBoyKaru

No, I didn't watch the stream, despite the fact that I made a 3.8k word stream summary about it that you read and commented on, sorry.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Not really surprised, but I didn't know Huntress's pick rate was that high. I was surprised, however, by the fact that Pyramid Head is so popular overall.

But about the model; I'm surprised more people don't know about this. To be fair, tho, I've only gotten to see what the first person perspective looks like from a third person perspective once, and that was from an O****o (not sure if I can write his name on the forums...) published video that included a clip with a strange load-in for The Hillbilly.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I'm really disappointed that you just guessed the entire steam @GoodBoyKaru , you have failed me.

• CaptainRaider
    CaptainRaider Member Posts: 151

If anything blood echo needs a buff, 45 seconds is pathetic.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited October 2020

Oh my, that developer explaining OoO and statistics really explains the sorry state of balance in this game. I just can't be nice about someone who balances a game and thinks that way, I just can't do it. It's not surprising coming from someone who, after joining the team, immediately starts pushing to nerf Ruin because it was a problem, but then did absolutely nothing to fix the problem Ruin solved.

Hello? A killer is more likely to tunnel and camp the OOO user out of the game, and if you don't do that and ignore them, then if it is SWF they're giving a ton of information to people about everything that will make you lose. A perk isn't "fine" because said people who use it often die, because you're looking at the statistics of them living/dying and not what that single person is doing for their entire team REGARDLESS of if they die or not.

This person really needs to stop looking at everything as a statistic.

• Pennosuke
    Pennosuke Member Posts: 100

@GoodBoyKaru Thanks for the summary, You’re awesome! ^^

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

The cat cameo has to be the best part of this stream, easily.

• GoodBoyKaru

I thought it might be one of the highlights so I stuck it in there, was trying to get a better picture but snipping tool hates me and made it all blurry :(

• Spider175
    Spider175 Member Posts: 40
    edited October 2020

Already made a comment on OoO's answer so won't so much other than it feels very anecdotal and a perk like this should just not exist period in this game considering how game breaking it is in the current state. Interesting answers to stuff even if I disagree with somethings.

Personally really sad they seem to think Myers' base kit is fine. I know plenty will say that Myers is the epitome of balance because he starts out weak but becomes stronger but imo he's a big product of when the game came out. Right now, it doesn't matter if you're mid-game is strong since the early game is so important and literally can determine the entire outcome of a match. Myers' Tier 1 is so bad considering he has been outclassed by other killers with similar gameplay mechanics.

I think Myers should move at 115% at least in tier 1 but keep his terrible lunge. Since he's undetectable he can't gain bloodlust and in loops the lunge would cripple his chase so it's still incentivized to get out of Tier 1 but at least you aren't so sluggish. Maybe even make an add on that makes you 120-125% but removes your attack for those who don't even wanna ditz about in Tier 1. The other issue is that because Myer's stalking is based on distance you have to get up close to a survivor since mid-range stalking is so fickle. There's more issues such as Tier 3 being too weak compared to the effort of getting it and how stalking is inconsistent with the meter but just fixing tier 1 would bring him much closer to being perfectly balanced. And this is coming from someone who came into this game pretty much because I could play as Myers and was the first Killer I fully leveled up.

EDIT: Though they are absolutely right that some of his add ons are problematic, Tombstone Piece is just... wrong in it's current state.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I said the same thing to my Fiance.

He agreed, it took him forever to finally get the Adept Plague Achievement a while ago, and he still can't believe that he got the Huntress one since he doesn't use her. He wishes it would be easier for everyone because it didn't really feel like anything but work. Frustrating, grueling work that relies too much on how the Survivors play (not killing themselves on hook mainly).

I have never met anyone who would think it would be unfair if they made the achievements easier because currently they are nothing but needlessly unfun.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

"OoO user often dies" Yes. Do you know the reason? If you don't kill the OoO user then you will be the entire game with at least one person being able to track your position. So yes, the OoO user often dies because the perk is indeed OP, because you can't leave the OoO user alive if you want to actually have a chance at the game. Dying doesn't mean that a certain perk is OP, if many DS/UB users gets to die does that mean it's not a powerful combo?

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Thanks for this Karu! 💜

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254

I hope one of the advanced graphics options is support for ultrawide monitor.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

That answer of the devs doesn't satisfy me because if they really meant about something being unfair, then they wouldn't have given the event cosmetics for free. It's more a... We are lazy to do it.

Besides, I do believe the achievement at its current state is not a fair one, if they talk about fairness. If a 4k or 2 pips were needed for merciless then that would be fine, because if you kill survivors too fast, then you don't double pip. If you try to get points and extend chases then you barely will do a 2K

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246

Oh boy, they closed the thread where we were trying to raise awareness about OoO. What a surprise. Their reasoning was BS too.

• GoodBoyKaru

what they mean is "the reason i play clown isn't because i like to suffer, but because he's a lot more viable than other's think"

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Lmao, they're likely slapping a cooldown on his power and taking away his exhaustion and exposed add-ons. So yes, he's gonna be worse.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

That OoO answer is super concerning. Good thread though 👍

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190
    edited October 2020

Really disappointing comments by the dev regarding game balance. Taking 6 - 12 months to make simple number adjustments to weak/unused perks is just lazy, no two ways about it. We've had a fairly stagnant Survivor meta for what feels like over a year now. Really the only addition to the perk pool is Soul Guard, and only because it's downright broken when combined with Unbreakable and Decisive Strike. We still have Survivors jumping into lockers right in the Killer's face because of DS, which is just like, completely unrealistic and shatters the experience of being a Survivor running for their life from a bloodthirsty killer. I would say the dev's stopped caring about that aspect of the game if they weren't pushing out beautiful map updates trying to make the game darker and spookier. So why is the gameplay still a clown fiesta?

Basically it seems like the dev thought he could deflect any balance concern with statistics. Thing is, balance is not the same as fun. Object of Obsession is not fun. It kills fun. Remember Legion on their release? They were a mediocre killer at best. Still are, but not the point. They were incredibly UNFUN. Had nothing to do with Legion being balanced or unbalanced, they were fairly weak and still managed to be so unfun for the game people just disconnected at the sight of Legion for months.

So do a lot of things in this game that still exist out of pure laziness and being stubborn. (Pink Mori, 1 Shot Hatchets, Keys, No penalty for hard camping, RNG tiles that can create borderline infinites, vast numbers of safe/no mind game pallets, stale killer/survivor meta comprised of 4-6 perks per side)

• Hex_Stalk
    Hex_Stalk Member Posts: 488

I can't help but notice that when they are talking about why they can't change the way achievements are earned, this was the quote:

"It's highly unlikely it'll be changed since that's unfair to those who earned it fair and square before."

God the hypocrisy is REAL

• GoodBoyKaru

Official information, unofficially worded. That was not the exact quote.

• Hex_Stalk
  • GoodBoyKaru

Well it's the same reason they didn't give out Legacy so I'm fine with it. They'll probably be able to change the requirements to reach Mercliless when MMR hits, as they've said they wanna do before.

• Hex_Stalk

Then where's the same energy for all those event cosmetics that people EARNED but the devs STILL gave out like candy on halloween?

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

Thanks for this.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,106

We have to wait half a year for them make Lucky break a permanent effect, Fixated a permanent walking speed effect, a functional Dead hard, Restore PBE version of Gearhead and unknown change to Blood Echo. Hopefully clown is less of a joke after the update.

• Caldraeus
    Caldraeus Member Posts: 1

Wow, as someone who basically only plays killer, I did not expect Doctor to be higher than Spirit on this!

• WestX
    WestX Member Posts: 120

Their reasoning for Object of Obsession is kind of dumb. Of course the people using it tend to not escape often, they're not meant to. Its meant so that a group of players can exploit it in order to work around the killer easily. The person using the perk is not meant to survive, they're a scape goat so they can let the others in their team know where the killer is.

Why do the devs not seem to understand this? Every time they defend the perk, they complete ignore WHY people are complaining about it. They're just like "Oh people think this perk is overpowered for some reason. We don't know why, we have all these stats doohickies that completely ignore all context of the issue players have with it, we're going to trust the stats instead of actually investigating the issue players are bringing up."