I really want to recommend DbD to my friends but ...

Options

(Google Translate)

I can't do this while MMR and MatchMaking are a joke

I will not put my friends to play a frustration simulator being trampled by players with thousands of hours, not giving them the opportunity to make mistakes and learn without feeling like crap

BHVR, I don't really understand your priorities, but if one of them isn't going to attract new audiences, I really don't know what you want

Comments

• RetroPix3l
    RetroPix3l Member Posts: 20
    Options

They want your money

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295
    Options
  • cindlemain
    cindlemain Member Posts: 92
    Options

I love this game buy I am no longer suggesting it to friends because of the errors and such.

One of the friends that I did suggest it to has a PS4 and due to the issues that platform is currently having their game crashed 5 times in a 4 hour gaming session resulting in rather large disconnect penalty. He said he's uninstalling the game and not taking suggestions from me anymore so..... lol

• captainlongshlong
    captainlongshlong Member Posts: 87
    Options

Matchmaking has always been a joke.

It's simple. Change it so that red ranks, play with red ranks. Purple ranks play with purple ranks. Green ranks play with green ranks. Yellow ranks play with yellow ranks. Brown ranks play with brown ranks. NO EXCEPTIONS (other than SWF, where the killer matches the highest ranked survivor). Yes there are going to be instances where there's a mismatch in quality as rank does not always represent skill but for the most part, it'd a far, far better system than what we have.

A rank 15 killer should never have to go up against a red rank survivor. Ever. New players will just want to set fire to their PC/console if they keep getting matched with players who are considerably better/more experienced than them.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    edited October 2020
    Options

I tried to get a friend of mine to join the game recently. With Cross-Play active, and it being on Game Pass on Xbox, I suggested he give it a try since I'm on PS4. He had maybe 3-4 matches and quit completely. His final match consisted of a SWF team with 2 Red ranks and a Rank 18 essentially leaving him to die on hook while they just stood and teabagged him. I honestly wish I could have told him that was a one off thing, but it really isn't. I see it far too often where 'teammates' act like this. It's sad that people will activly push new players away for their own amusement.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

My recommendation would be that you gather enough friends to fill an entire lobby, suggest the game to them, and then just play the living bajeezus out of KYF mode instead of online play. You do get access to all the items/add-ons/perks you could ever dream of there (so no grind necessary), you'd just lack the non-free DLC characters.

Dbd has a really fun concept at its core despite all its other issues. IMO, playing it casually with friends is still hands-down THE BEST way to enjoy the game. Not unlike Halo Custom Games or couch-multiplayer Smash Bros.

It's just up to you and your friends whether playing Dbd together privately like that is worth the price of admission.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

other than the ranks play within only the ranks they tried making the lowest (number wise) ranked. so if a swf had 20, 19, 14 and a 1 then it would match off of the 1 and it just didn't do anything atcuatlly made it worse by choosing the 20 to match off of instead of the 1. they then reverted that back to matching plus or minus 6 of the average but even that had not worked it's plus or minus the rank of anyone in the group (not average). they then put mmr in saying it'd solve things, had it watching for 2 months and it still put people with no skill against those with GREAT skills. that has been removed (MMR is not active in matchmaking) now match making is back to matching anyone of the 4 survivors with a killer at plus or minus 6 and if it takes a while to get a match it widens that but no one knows how soon or to what.

• Funchal
    Funchal Member Posts: 43
    Options

I speak Brazilian Portuguese, but I don't mind translating.

I even understand English well but I don't know how to write a text well in that language, but I use Translate, no problem, I want the post to reach more people