The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Anyone else really disappointed by the current battlepass?

The previous battle pass was really amazing with lots of skins that pretty much everyone liked,that got a lot of people,including me,excited for the next battlepass skins.

But now we got this?

I mean,it's kinda hard to discuss whether skins are good or not because everyone has a different taste,but doesn't this battlepass look a bit lackluster in comparison to the previous one?

We get 13 Outfits in this rift.

-6 outfits are from the mobile version

(I guess it's cool to get the skins that were previously only available on the mobile version,but i find them to be pretty boring to be honest except maybe hag and plague.They rather feel like they are only in the battle pass to make it look more worth than it really is)

-1 is the community made legion skin

(The concept of the skin was really cool and exciting but the execution feels quite underwhelming)

-6 outfits are new

(I'm very disappointed by those skins.These are supposed to be the selling point of the battlepass yet they don't really feel special or exciting at all.There's no wow factor,no thoughts like "damn those are some really awesome skins".

Anyone else that has the same feeling about this?

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

Nah I love the new rift pass especially for billys weapon that it just a bunch of knives on a stick

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I took a vacation from the game during the last rift, didn’t realize the Hag got such a unique skin, kinda makes me wish I wasn’t cheap and purchased it, had I known about it at the time. With the way things are today though, I’m happy I didn’t.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

i really like all of the skins in this pass tbh

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

I don't really play any of the characters in this rift. So its gonna be one where I wait until I hit level 70 before I buy it so I can immediately get my auric cells back to essentially have it for free with no downside

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,948

Atleast the free track has ace tuxedo

• iZombie
    iZombie Member Posts: 231

This is the first rift where I’ve not liked / wanted any of the cosmetics from the premium pass, so my wallet is very happy lol. The only cosmetic I’m desperate to get is the Meg one that came over from mobile, so it’s nice that I can earn that without having to pay for it.

I’m disappointed with David’s blight outfit as I was expecting to really like it, but I’m not too bothered as the Felix one has more than made up for it.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Not my cup of tea, and I've liked the past 3. Just feels rather bland, but if your tastes differ greatly from mine, then this might be the pass for you? Ehh.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Honestly the Adam cosmetic and never stop slashing Frank is legitimate the only thing I care about on this Rift.

Please don't do my girl Feng this dirty when it's her turn

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

I think if the rift wasn't so grindy the cosmetics would be acceptable BUT because you get less fragments in tome 5 than you do tome 4 (which was already quite grindy) it makes you really consider how worth it the cosmetics really are. Much of the previous battle pass outfits are just recolors of previous outfits. Even a large chunk of the charms on the rift are just recolors of the same charm 4 or 5 times. Free track only has 20 out of 70 spots filled, seeing all those blank spaces makes the rift look empty and not worth it.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

not as great as it should be.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

Let's look at the other passes and I'll discuss in great detail how this rift isn't a disappointment. Now, rift 1 and 3 were okay but that's all. They didn't have great skins. Rift 2 was slightly better, but only a bit. Rift 4 and 5 are the best because they both give Ace a full outfit. However, since rift 5 Ace's outfit is free and comes with Ace in a bow tie, rift 5 is objectively the best rift we got yet.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I’m happy. I can’t wait to unlock the new Clown outfit. It’s no Mr Puddles, but it looks great to me anyway.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Let's start with clown. Clown looks even more like a pedo with this cosmetic than his others.

Nea: Actually pretty cool, I like the notes on her chest, but she's still Nea, and Nea's ugly.

David: This is the most laughable cosmetic to ever exist, moustaches are horrible, especially on David, the most butt ugly character in dbd.

Billy: I like the weapon, but it's just a pretty meh cosmetic overall.

Adam: Meh.

• SonicTitan
    SonicTitan Member Posts: 4

I really dig the pig Billy, clown hat is ridiculous and I honestly love the radiated looking wraith skin too. The crow is pretty cool and some relevant charms. More than $10 of value for me right there.

• Sinatyxmas
    Sinatyxmas Member Posts: 72

I love it. If i can wear a pig on my head while chainsawing survivors and scream oink in real life then BHVR can have my 10 dollars

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

The Rift as a concept is extremely disappointing to me. BHVR want to turn DbD into a mobile game (and they already have) on PC and consoles. The monetization is getting worse and the prices are steadily increasing.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483
    edited October 2020

Yeahhh I bought into the last couple passes and ended up buying into this one pretty fast as well. Kinda regret doing it now... More of an impulse move than desire

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

Tbh Plague's and Hag's outfits should've been entirely free lol. The rest of the outfits r fine but they could've curated Clown's one more; the only ones that are worth it are Nea's and Billy's.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I thought Clown was always meant to look “I wouldn’t hire him for my child’s party” in all his outfits.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited October 2020

This Rift ends with ugly pants for a mediocre Nea skin. ??? Should have either been the head, like what they did in the last one for Meg, or the hillbilly's weapon.

Also the Meg skin. Just... No. She just got two good ones recently and now you give us this? ...

Also also probably the worst blighted outfit in the terms of David's. Probably because hardly anyone would but it if it wasn't forced on them through the Rift.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

No it's significantly less brighter then it is on mobile.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

I hadn't even thought about how Feng hasn't gotten her own Tome yet... now I have even more in life to loo forward to LOL

Hope she gets a cute dress instead of something gamer-y

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Since i'm only interested in Wraith cosmetics, i actually am a little bit disappointed.

The cosmetic pieces just have some light-green goop on the basic clothing, like it's Prestige cosmetics, but light-green instead.

And the final Charm on the paid track i also find quite uninteresting, and it doesn't glow nor is it animated.

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242

This right here! Warzone or Apex and all the other F2P games thrive with their BP because, well... the game is F2P. This game has a pretty high buy-in if you want to unlock all the DLC AND get a battle pass + DLC that continuously comes out too... it is becoming a little bit ridiculous.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    edited October 2020

I thought Wraith's new Into the Wilderness set made him look a lot like a big angry booger.

It's not up to par with his catalogue of excellent outfits, but it's also much more hilarious-looking than they probably intended.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

Most of the time the outfits relate to their lore, so it likely will be a laser bears type outfit.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Yeah,like the pants and body are okay but what the hell is this head lol