Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why does pig have such a high kill rate?

Any theories?

This is just uncanny to me, the fact that she has a higher kill rate than FRICKING SPIRIT is weird.

Comments

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    1. Her RBT's ensure that a survivor stops focusing on doing gens and has to run around for up to 2 minutes trying to get it off of their head.
    2. If they don't get the RBT off of their head before the timer runs out, it kills them.
    3. Pig can bodyblock the jigsaw boxes to ensure an RBT will kill a survivor.
    4. Jigsaw boxes skillchecks are affected by Unnerving presence.
    5. She's stealthy.
    6. If she has 2 or more survivors with ticking RBT's she can focus on the survivors doing gens instead which stops survivors from doing them efficiently, resulting in slowing the gen progress to a crawl, and hands her an easy win.
    7. RBT's = same slowdown as "old" Ruin, except it can't be destroyed in the first minute of the match, and it's her base kit so it doesn't take up a perk slot.

"PiG OP, pLZ NeRf!"

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Seems she has a built in instant kill... some play her to force a trap kill

P.S. I do main pig as well... she's my go to killer when I need something done

Or just to crouch around looking for a survivor to boop my snoot

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

add to that many survivors rushing gen no matter what.

All the matches I escaped against pig usually had a team (swf or not) that knew to 99 gens and get the rtbs off before popping them. (and pig didn't camp anything, of course)

• TWiXT
    edited October 2020

Sorry, Forgot to add the "/s" to mark sarcasm. Honestly, every single time someone posts questions like the OP's, there's always a plethora of survivors that basically state every reason in my list above as the foundation for why she is considered overpowered and must be nerfed into the ground. Less experienced survivors will even claim that her power is "unfair" and "has no counter-play", which of course is ridiculous since you pretty much spelled it all out in your reply that I'm quoting.

So why am I posting the list then? Simple, I'm just trying to beat the rest of them to it so that everyone who sees it will take it into consideration before repeating the points I've already made, which I'm only reiterating based on countless previous posts, in order to speed up the debate. At least this way, whether meant sarcastically or not, people can just get right to debating those complaints instead of drawing it all out for 30 or so comments until they are ultimately stated the way I posted them.

Sigh... I hate how predictable the inevitable comments on these "Pig Related" posts have become, when in reality, the truth is simply that despite all of those listed complaints against Pig, she's far from Over Powered, features lenient counter-play as part of her base kit, and the only reason she is a threat at all is because survivors typically just don't know how to effectively deal with her. It's not surprising though, she does have the 4th lowest pick rate after all, and so she isn't encountered as often as Huntress, Spirit, Doc, or Freddy.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

But then why does my boy demo have such a low kill rate? :(

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I thought like Huntress Lullaby they changed Unnerving Presence to only affect gen and healing skill checks?

• MeltingPenguins

Honestly? I think Pig suffers from the same bias as ... a lot of killers... : an unwillingness on surv side to change tactics, thus declaring her OP when the same routine doesn't pan out.

• TWiXT

Nope, Still affects ALL skillchecks, including Overcharge, Madness, Decisive Strike, Jigsaw Boxes, and even Pyramid Head Cages. Sure it requires Terror Radius Proximity to affect them, so maybe that's why they are leaving it alone while nerfing H:HL, either way, I'm as surprised as you are, all things considered.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

Same with all the top ones, the most important factor is how easy they are to play. You can play Pig in an avg red rank lobby as an M1 andy with built in slowdown, slap on pop/corrupt or ruin/undying and easily be successful with not much skill required. Huntress however? Nurse? Blight? Those are harder, and even someone like Slinger who can still use his power to cheese free hits with zoning, is above this basic level. It's also why Freddy has the highest killrate, he is as good as the easiest killer to play in the game, plus very strong

• TWiXT
    edited October 2020

Her base kit changes the game, and if there's one thing I have learned, it's that survivors are lazy and don't like it when their primary strategy for combating killers can no longer be relied on.

• MeltingPenguins

exactly. Like, especially when you look at the killers that are commonly declared 'unfun' 'op' etc, it's usually more of 'okay, they do need a tweak here and there, but not a complete rebuild or even removal, people just need to adjust to them,

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

Lol Pig op plz nerf!!!

Would be very interested in how many of those kills was head pops.

As a pig main this does not surprise me tbh but a little thing to note is that I have experienced after a good boop session survivors will stay in the match to die to the egc to honour the boops. This happens alot to me personally its very sweet.

Proud of my girl tho 🐷🏅

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,437

Because "Red Ranks" is meaningless. The reality is the average Red rank player is pretty terrible at the game. Now if you look at the top top players, the numbers are quite different. It's pretty clear that at the highest level against Sweat squads, only nurse and spirit are viable, with arguably huntress/oni having a place.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

A lot of people play Pig, and they're either good players (very very few of the pigs I've seen are good anyway, and against the average survivor team your killer power isn't necessary in the slightest to win if you're good) or they like to tunnel the hell out of 2 people the entire match, there isn't really any in-between when it comes to Pig players. That's probably why her kill rate is pretty high.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

As others have said, the low pick rate makes this happen. Low Pick Rate means that less people are playing it, but those who play Pig, are most likely maining her and are really good with her because of that. You dont see many Pigs around, but you can see the difference between someone who plays all the Killers or someone who mains Pig.

Also, Pig has Scorpionz, who is probably boosting her Killrate by at least 10% in this chart, lol.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Her ability to sneak right up to survivors in the corners of the maps makes her dangerous. She gets early map pressure because someone is getting sneaked up on at the start. The traps are a unique feature also. I always have trouble escaping against a pig because the players playing them always seem to be good players

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,169

It's how she's played. A common mistake is trying to target survivors who are trying to take the traps off. Good Pig killers I've seen let the survivors run around removing the trap (unless they so happen to cross paths), and focus on others. A survivor dealing with a trap is less likely a survivor doing gens, especially since gens start the progress. So the game is slowed.

That helps a lot. She's far from over-powered, but played right and she can cause a heap of trouble. I'm just glad she's higher than Ghost Face, honestly! :D

• TWiXT
    edited October 2020

Don't even get me started...

Dangit, Ok gonna just say this: I HATE DEATHSLINGER!

Not for the reasons people on the forums keep whining about either, but because, of all killers, he's literally the most LENIENT. I'm gonna let that sink in for anyone reading this for a moment, because if the Player complaints on these forums are to be believed, he's one of the worst things to happen to DbD because "He has no Counter-play"... (frustrated Groan)

If he actually had no counter-play, I would be right there with them posting comments and ideas for how to balance him, but truth be told, I despise his heavily survivor favored base kit:

He is the only killer in the game that features a whopping 5 separate slowdowns just for using his power to secure a hit on a survivor! At most, other killers only feature 3 slowdowns: The basic attack recovery, power usage, and power cooldown/stun time, but Deathslinger adds to that list Reloading time, AND reeling the damn survivor in, which can take up to 5 seconds. In this game, the killer role is always a battle of efficient Time Management, and the longer you take to down a survivor you're chasing, the more time the other survivors have to complete their objectives, so while other killers can regularly take down a survivor in 15-20 seconds, Deathslinger can take a minimum of 26 and a maximum of 40 to do so. Add in the fact that his Slower than average movement speed already gives him little to no map pressure, and in my opinion, you get the WORST killer in the game.

Yet Here we are, just like with the complaints I've listed against the Pig, players will furiously ######### and moan about how "DeAThSliNGR iz OP, pLz nERf!" in post after post, and I'm tired of it. His only advantages are his TR and performance in a 1v1 scenario, but even then, despite taking so much longer to down a survivor than any other killer on the roster, because of how his power makes survivors feel helpless in the 1v1... He's obviously "OP" and needs to be "Reworked"! (grimace)

I apologize for the off topic rant, I just get so frustrated sometimes when it comes to some players mental gymnastics when they make posts to complain about perceived imbalances. Even here, in this post it'll be no different. I listed those complaints against Pig because, In my past experiences on this forum, it always devolves to them no matter what anyone says, or what counter points anyone argues, so I figured I might as well just get them out of the way before this becomes a cluster ######### of comments and replies all leading to the same inevitable complaints. All because these players simply refuse to accept that they might just have to adapt/change their playstyle a little in order to win against her.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

Pig has a cult following of very dedicated and very good players. Thoses Pig mains who consistently play her at red ranks are really good. I wonder what the Pig stats are when you look at all ranks ?

• RaSavage42

I lost my red rank

And dont want it back

I dont want to stress every match...

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Scorpionz :)

• God_Prof
    God_Prof Member Posts: 60
    edited October 2020

Well I think some surv players dont have concrete strategies how to deal with reverse trap.

And also Pig got ghost buff of meta HEX:Ruin and HEX:Undying.

• RaSavage42

I dont use the Ruin Undying combo

Still have good matches (x number of kills)... good chases... solid mindgames... and the all important boops

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

RTB, Pig is one huge solo stomper and she is also quiet easy to play as.

RTB = less gen pressure. Less gen pressure = more time. Time is your biggest enemy as killer but Pig got her RTB to buy some extra time.

Also the fact RTB is a mori on timer makes it even stronger

Spirit is easy to use but only if you know how to predict correctly, she is difficult to learn but easy to master unlike Pig who is easy to learn easy to master. Pig is pretty much the fun version of Freddy

• RaSavage42

RBT- Reverse Bear Trap

If it's active then yes it's one survivor not on gens (unless that survivor is a word I can't put on the forums)

So 3 survivors can be on gens... find one so 2 survivors on gens

But RNG says that active trap was removed (hahahahaha)

So 3 survivorson gens

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

It has to do with the learning curve of the Killer. If someone tells you a Killer isn't as good, like say a Pig or Myers, who still gravitates to those Killers despite the bad press? It is going to be people who 1) like a challenge, and 2) are fans of the infamous icon. These are players that simply put their heads down with a grim determination and go forward honing their craft. To put this in perspective, a friend of mine was over and playing Freddy. He knows I'm a Myers Player, exclusively, so he said try Freddy out on his account just to see. I felt like superman. The rest of the world was moving in slow motion. I got a 4K so fast and nearly max points possible. Why? I have learned Killer on a much more demanding Killer. I'm not saying Freddy is overpowered. What I'm saying is the learning curve for him, compared to Myers, was non-existent. The other day I played a custom game with my friends. They don't let me play Myers as they say I've gotten too good with him. I only get to be Killer when I play a Killer THEY choose. I got the Trapper. Once again, I felt like freaking superman. It was all about the SPEED, the difference between starting the tame at 105% and having to Stalk versus just being 115% out of the gate. Needless to say, I don't get to be Killer again for awhile. And since our custom games are entirely about fun, I think that is fair.

Pig also has a learning curve which is a bit higher than the others. I expect she is like Myers in the fact that the people choosing her are serious fans of the Saw movies, and dedicated to overcoming the Pig's challenges and getting viciously good. What is more, because she has a high learning curve, the less driven Players drop out. This means only the serious fanatics remain and naturally the get better results. Everyone says the Nurse and Spirit are these awesome Killers, so tons of people flock to them. Surprise, surprise, surprise... most people gloss over the fact that learning to use the Nurse correctly takes some time and practice. A lot of people are going to drop out in frustration and go back to Freddy. I'm sure you get the point.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Because so many people disrespect her and boop her snoot that she goes haywire on everyone's ass. 👻🐽🐖

• RaSavage42

I would recommend learning her to newer players... learning her means you learn:

Time management

Loops and mindgames

Who to chase... not those whom have a RBT... but the others

How to counter BT... crouching at the right time

How to take advantage of DS... RBT's show you whom you have hooked... also by the time they get it off DS is like half gone (give or take... cause RNG)

Basic stealth tactics

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244

From experience I can tell why. Legit 99% of all Pig players I face play the same. They will down someone, put on trap and hook and then they will either directly tunnel that person off hook or simply camp the boxes.

The RNG part of the masks neds to go, same as her ability to see the boxes. Freddy can't see his "boxes" either so why can she? After "fixing" those 2 issues, give her some buff but atm she is just as annoying to face as Hag imho.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

The argument that “low pick rate is boosting Pig’s kill rate because only Pig mains play her” is belied by the fact that her pick rate is about the same or greater than Plague, Demogorgon, Hag, Clown, Ghost Face, Hag, Hillbilly and Meyers (about 3% pick rate or less for a couple of these) but her kill rate is at least 3-10% higher than everybody in that list. If her kill rate is getting boosted by having only a roughly 3% kill rate then so are all the other killers I listed, and yet their kill rates are all still lower than hers. So there is actually is something else going on with Pig.

One possibility is that Pig might be really good against average players for some reason. Maybe average players have more trouble dealing with her stealth or don’t know the locations of the boxes very well to get traps off so lose more time from them, for example. This chart is all games among red rank killers, but it’s not filtered for only games with likewise all red rank survivors, so it’s including a ton of games where you have a red rank killer versus teams that include lower rank survivors. (That’s why the kill rates on this chart are about 10% higher across the board compared to the other charts which showed all games from all killers.) So if Pig is better than most killers against typical players that would raise her kill rate in this picture, even if she might hypothetically have a lower kill rate than other killers against all red rank survivor teams.

What I’d be really curious to see from Ethan who gave us this chart is a third chart which is filtered strictly for games where all five players are red rank. I think that would give a bit of a better indication of what the killers look like at high levels of play. (You’ll still see Nurse and Blight toward the bottom, though, due to their steeper learning curves and Blight still being fairly new.)

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Purely anecdotal, but even in red ranks, I found myself getting strings of 3-4ks without ever using my ambush attack once (i.e. I'm basically playing a vanilla M1 killer as far as chases). And this is with a friggin' meme build (Agitation + Iron Grasp + Mad Grit + Surge). I can't prove this (and I don't intend to), but I feel like there are just a LOT of not-good Survivors at high ranks.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Freddy doesn't get anything out of seeing his boxes because there are multiple ways to wake someone up. so checking drawers is useless.

Contrary to popular belief, ignoring the Trapped Survivor 100% of the time isn't the best idea. Allowing a Trapped Survivor to work on boxes nearly risk-free means that the amount of potential stall time you get (since that is still random, to be fair) depends on a Survivor's efficiency and willingness to respect the boxes. It is useful to route your gen pressure so that you are swinging by a box if you can help it. Pushing someone off a box incidentally can potentially add some much-needed stall time as long as you aren't going super out of your way to do so (or in some cases even be the difference maker between a Trap kill or not). And if you catch them in an easy-to-down position, it is in your best interest to do so. Part of the point of the boxes, in addition to giving Survivors additional objectives to do for gen stall, is to put Survivors in a vulnerable spot where they have to eventually leave themselves open so they can try and take off the thing that will inevitably kill them.

• Papamodzz
    Papamodzz Member Posts: 57

Pretty much what every pig does when i go against them there are a few pigs that go stealth and camp but i would say this is a good reason

• JephKaplan
    JephKaplan Member Posts: 308

Lower pickrate = more kills more often, for example lets use win rate, u play 2 games and u win 1 thats automatically 50% win rate but what if u played 10 games and won 1? Win rate (kill rate in this case) automatically goes far down. She isn't picked often and most pigs i verse are really good with her and her ambush, or they just tunnel the ######### out of ppl with traps on their heads basically confirming 2 kills per game at least

• Kbot22
    Kbot22 Member Posts: 96

I'm probably like 50% of that because it's always the last box and I'm playing on cold wind so I get my head popped.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Pig is very swingy. Her RBT's can either provide massive slowdown, unmatched by any other killer's ability -- or it can provide next to no slowdown and is more comparable to Clown. Combine this with Red Rank Potatoes, and the fact that most people who play Pig are people very experienced with her, and you get higher kill rates. Not to mention Pig doesn't really have any amazing perks, so people aren't likely to just buy her and play her for Surveillance or Make Your Choice. (Anyone buying her for Hang Man's Trick should check into the nearest asylum).

She's a pretty basic killer, too. Her power requires you to get downs, but that's really all it requires. If you can play literally any other killer, you can probably play Pig decently. You don't have to learn anything. Her stealth is more detrimental than anything, so most people just don't use it. And her ambush is good, but it's also something you don't use very often. Her RBT is her main power, and it just requires downing someone. Then you potentially get massive slowdown. Pile on more slowdown, and Pig has a lot of time to get 3-4 Kills. (And a truly nasty pig can tunnel survivors way easier with those RBT's on their heads)

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544

nurse is clearly the weakest killer and she needs SUBSTANTIAL buffs to make her better

• cannonballB
    cannonballB Member Posts: 387

She's an interesting killer. I don't find her fun to play but I think it's because I'm not into the ducking crouching killers as much.

Her power set is interesting. Also is the growl just to let you know someone is pouncing on you?