Why are survivors like this?

Options
MidniteWolfy
MidniteWolfy Member Posts: 28
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

Just wanted to share a match I had last night and really just ask why are most survivors like this? (check out post game chat)

Overall, the toxicity in this game is pretty high. I think that if it were up to me, I would implement some small lil things to improve the overall feeling of friendliness, something like having a direct thumbs up button to click on for teammates or killer postgame which would do a confetti effect or show everyone in the game that that player got thumbs up, something positive. A badge system for gettin lots of props that shows on your character. A good way to really make it desirable is to make a coin system (or just use the other currencies in the game) and when a person gets lots of props, they get a flashy animation of a bag of coins falling onto them and it has lots of good currency they can use for cool things.

Anyway, check out my match and let me know what you'd have done differently

Comments

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

I'd love a system like this. Something like Overwatch has, where you can give a commendation based on how teammates performed. They could evne make it so that players who are more positive would be matched to likeminded players, and make solo so much less of a nightmare.

Also, props to the gameplay! You're pretty good, though what the hell was that Myers doing?! I was screaming at my screen 'Just break the f'ing pallet!'

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,046
    Options

I'm surprised the other three survivors fell so easily! They performed terribly, and as usual with those types they'd rather blame another than take any responsibility for themselves. They're probably spoilt and immature.

Gameplay-wise, when it's you vs the killer, and he's chasing you there's bugger all you can do. You did some good evading, but it's purely that they were useless.

The only thing I would change would be to not respond to them in post-chat, or if you do say something like "gg" or "love you too". Responding back only ever makes things worse. Just walk away next time. Let them figure out how to play the game first.

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436
    Options

You played well. Most players in this game have no clue what they are talking about.

On a side note, that killer was a bloodlust tier 10 Andy.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483
    Options

The only thing I could think of is Beetlejuice might have been laying on the hatch as you struggled on hook. In that scenario I would've let myself die in case they were waiting for the hatch to open up.

Other than that, you played a good game in my opinion

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246
    Options

Oh but they'll justify every time by crying about that one time they got Mori'd.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

As a Myer's player, it hurt me to watch Mikey not breaking the pallet in that last loop... for so long. I abhor bad sportsmanship and thus I do not approve of the Salt they gave you after the game. That being said, you should put yourself in their shoes. From their perspective you didn't ever try to get them off the hook or pick them off the ground. Did you have opportunities? Yes. You made the calculation that it was too risky. I suppose you had decided to let them all die and go for the hatch. You had an option to pick the slugged one up while Mikey broke the pallet and you were right next to her. I'd be willing to bet she was recovered to the point where a second is all that would have taken. The two that died on hook, well, let's be honest there were lots of times when you could have given it a shot.

I'm not judging you. I'm just being honest. I'm sure your assessment was the safe bet, but I'm also sure from their point of view it looked like you wrote them off pretty early in the game. So, bad on them for being Salty beyond good sportsmanship. I say, "if you can't say anything nice... say nothing at all." I do have sympathy for them though, and I don't think you are supposed to show their names on the Forum. It is called "naming and shaming." I've done it and it will get you a warning (and rightly so).

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,046
    Options

Actually, yeah, I'd also like to compliment them on their gameplay. That move by knocking the pallet down to make Myers think they were going one way but weren't at all was good, quick thinking!

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

An out of 10 rating system would be good, a rating that gets shown pre or post game. You got 3 times more points than them so I'd have told them to shut up 😅

• MidniteWolfy
    MidniteWolfy Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2020
    Options

I disagree with you. If you watch the video i posted at exactly 3:40 and again at 3:48 you can see her health bar appear at the bottom of the screen. I was purposefully trying to see the healthbar, I expected it to be 99%, but.. it wasn't. She was crawling around the entire time i was chased and when I had the chance to run over her body, she wasn't ready to be picked up. So to say that you assessed that i was going to ditch the team and was trying to go for a hatch when myers was no less than 2 feet behind me the entire time is nuts lol - The hatch didn't exist with 2 of them on hooks and one bleeding out - I was running for my life and had he stopped to break that pallet, i was going to make a dash for the hooks, but they didn't break the pallet so I couldn't. I'm new to posting vids, I gotta figure out how to get the software to block out names.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I missed that, but then again I was watching it while working. Yeah... always cut the names or blur them. I learned that the hard way myself. Given that you all died anyway, and the odds were really bad against you ANYWAY... you would have gotten more points just unhooking one of them just for the heck of it. To be honest, the moment three were down, you were done. The hatch was your only hope. When that happens to me, I just put my head down and go Kamikaze. I say, "I'm not getting out alone. Somebody is coming with me or I'm not getting out either." Oddly enough that attitude has led to some saves and getting the hatch or gate from Killers who respected the effort.

Again, I'm not judging you. I think you played fine. I'm just saying, it probably looked TERRIBLE from their perspective. The Salt was unnecessary and wrong though.