Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I'm sick of it.

Seriously, I don't give a damn about the disconnect penalty when a match is straight up UN FAIR.

Devs, see how survivors can be the sweatiest little tryhards in existance, see how camping and tunneling is boring and unfun, see how ONE objective for survivors has gotten boring and tedious. You say you want the game to be enjoyable when time and time again you have done the complete opposite, allowing patches to come out broken to the point where half of your community can't even play the game optimally.

I'm sure I speak for most of the community when I say this, we don't want better graphics, that isn't our top priority, we want a game that WORKS, is FUNCTIONAL, and FUN.

What's the point of the ptb if there is STILL problems upon release of an update?

I can only see this game dying sooner rather then later if something isn't done.

Comments

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

Even minecraft is getting a visual upgrade, why would you settle for Clay by Daylight when you can have a beautiful shiny surface.

I guess we simply value different things.

Like no offense but the game isn't falling apart, not that I can see but if it is it's a fun thing to engage with, at least to me.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Sometimes the devs do remind me of the old stock-character in some comedies: The overzealous tourist, who has this big schedule for their group of what to see and what to do and who gets cranky, aggressive and ultimately snaps when people want to do something else/something interferes with the plans.

That's the updates.

Like, graphic updates are FINE, if they, just for starters, would come with proper map overhauls. Just look at Shelter Woods. The graphic update should be more thoroughly, meaning to balance old maps for survivors and NEW killers, not just add some breakable walls.

As for the ptb: I agree it feels like a glorified commercial for the new patch. When it should run at least a month until everything's (or at least most of it) is ironed out. (testing on console is trickier, unfortunately)

It feels as if the devs are (as mentioned above) more focused on ticking off boxes on their 'plan' than anything.

The community is part of the problem too, though:

You just know that if the devs would take things slower and focus on gamehealth etc, the same people ragging on them now would try to rip them a new one for 'having abandoned the game, because there's no patches every other month anymore'

you just know it.

• Xavier22
    Xavier22 Member Posts: 160

It is falling apart. This game has seen the biggest decrease in players from last month EVER. This game has been out for over 4 years and this month the most amount of people stopped playing. Ik countless people, streamers who streamed this game for life, and they are now quitting this game bc of the ######### state that it's in.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

The new graphics will draw attention to the game and possibly get more sales so obviously bhvr is gonna prioritize it over anything else.

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583

I disagree, DC off the forums; you won't! You won't!

• Amber351
    Amber351 Member Posts: 33

I would remove the first part since you're claiming you do, and that is "an admission of unsportsmanlike behaviour" and that got me warned. Even though it's a genuine problem.

The trade off between hitting that button and waiting 5 minutes versus sitting there being slugged/humiliated is no competition in people's minds at the time honestly and I would appreciate game fixes than graphical updates.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

Not as good as you would if feng had a gorgeous red dress with a big red Kentucky Derby hat. So beyond.

Ikr, like I get the feeling that their focus is on next gen consoles and that's probably why the current gen is struggling to keep up. Like I get wanting an equal experience across the board but sometimes you just have to let go of the old and welcome the new and improved.

Like no offense, but just like my third world country Internet connection thread, sometimes you just have to upgrade from devices of similar quality. Just saying.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

imo there should be more survivor perks that punish campers and there should be something that punishes genrush (a perk, an ingame mechanic, whatever).

honestly, that would be enough to make me happy for now, as i see those two as the main problems for both sides.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

Graphics and game mechanics are not done by the same people so both can exist side by side

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

It...kind of is falling apart though. This is by far the most broken and bug-ridden update they've released in a LONG time

• Hex_Stalk
    Hex_Stalk Member Posts: 488

It's not like I said I do it every match. This was originally gonna be a different type of rant after 2 bad games in a row, the second match just being the last straw for me. I disconnect rarely, meaning it isn't a problem. But I WILL disconnect if everything is just straight up going against me in every single way, to the point where I don't even have a chance.

• Amber351
    Amber351 Member Posts: 33

Well I don't disagree with you but just letting you know. They're very touchy when you say that in any capacity you disconnect from a bad game, since it's unsportsmanlike. Personally I wouldn't censor it and address why players disconnect.

• power270lb
    power270lb Member Posts: 10

Out of curiosity, how do you know so many people are quitting?

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309

Tonight I decided to play a game after many months. There have been some changes after all, and some new graphics!

One AFK from the start of the game.

In the end, nothing really changed. I closed DBD. See you in a few months, maybe.

• Zippy
    Zippy Member Posts: 38

You’re not kidding! I haven’t played since the last update where my frame rate got screwed up on PS4. Sucks.

• Alec1055
    Alec1055 Member Posts: 98

I only play this game if I’m voice calling with other people or if I’m doing something that isn’t using the computer so I can just afk killer and get bp. I hate soloq because I don’t have the mental capacity to laugh at the bs if I’m alone

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

Speaking of PTB and bugs on release: Everquest released a patch back in early 2000's time frame after 2 months on their test server and when it went live, immediately it was found there were sever game breaking bugs causing them to take the game offline for a day or so and fix the issue. it was a crap show sony did then and you know what? Everquest started in 1999 and is STILL around today! BUGS happen, even when tested a great deal. some things get through.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

Is that silly story supposed to be convincing? Bugs happen, yes. But the reason you had to dig back to the early 2000s for an early-era MMO is because this level of incompetency is rarely seen outside of truly bungled titles. Usually bugs, especially critical ones, are fixed in a day or so. Less critical ones might take a week for a hotfix, and annoying-but-minor bugs usually can wait until the next patch.

DBD on the other hand, has broken audio EVERY SINGLE PATCH. Killers have not been able to reliably find survivors based on audio for years now. Sometimes the audio works, sometimes it doesn't. You might make footstep noises, or you might be completely silent, making less noise than if you had Iron Will, without running Iron Will.

Audio is HUGE in DBD, and the fact that it is so unreliable is just one of the many game-ruining bugs that plague this unholy abomination of a game. Bugs happen, but the same bugs happening over and over and over every update is completely unacceptable and no one with half a brain should ever make an excuse for that. If we only got something like the t-pose bug with killers spawning in, that's entertaining and doesn't hurt the game. It's silly, but not a big deal at all. My killer power just straight up not working for the rest of the match for no reason, is not okay, but it STILL HAPPENS. You get it with Blight and Oni, and I'm sure others, although those are the two I have experience with. I'd say Nurse but Nurse is eternally bugged.

God it gives me a headache just thinking about it.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

Bugs happen, definitely, but BHVR is consistently introducing new bugs with every update and even making old ones reemerge. Consistently! Every update! How can the PTB work fine but pushing it to Live break so much? They broke an entire console by giving PS4 single digit FPS. How can they keep screwing things up this bad, over and over again? How is that possible!?

Its laziness and incompetence. BHVR don't want their game to work well. They just want it to work "good enough" for people to want buying macrotransactions.

• Flaming_Sponge
    Flaming_Sponge Member Posts: 13

I don’t mind the DC penalty but if it’s an unfair game I think it shouldn’t dePIP you.

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

I agree with this so much, they update their game frequently to try to maintain interest but it just damages the game. When they released the Blight the game was straight up unplayable and I didn’t play until the bug fix, but then they update the game so soon after the bug fix that there are just more bugs.

• Freki

well in my experience i have no experienced many mof the audio bugs in dbd unless there was a problem with the installation on my end! I have experienced an audio driver crash that at first seemed like dbd breaking but it was actually my system. I've experineced dbd truly messing up but it also turns out that I needed to re-install dbd because steam installed something incorrectly. I have experienced bugs yes but many that people say exist i have not. so please tell, oh all knowing one, why is it that I can attribute 90% of bugs I've encountered to my local computer having issues else where? You can't can you? I'll tell you why, because you see what you think is a bug and you STOP looking right there. I on the other hand look at the bug and look into my computer logs and look to see what's going on. The reason I went back to an early MMO is because that is one of the biggest game breaking moments that I ever had that was not an issue on my computer what so ever. Keep blaming them for these "GAME BREAKING BUGS" but I tell you a good bit of it is on your end where something is messed up instead, but most people say "OH I have issues but it's not a virus, it's windows!" this ends up being a virus. Many things I see here are attributed to behavior incorrectly.

• Freki

simple they don't get enough people using the PTB. I know 10 people my self that used to ALWAYS go to the PTB to check things out and try out different things on specific maps. NOW? they don't even bother to download the PTB what so ever! This is why things make it out of the PTB... they admit the PTB when it is active does not have enough of a player base to even do any kind of true match making. the few times that I have seen people talk about it is the wait can be untollerable and the "RANK" mismatch REAL! why? because the game on the PTB just throws 5 people together! If they had the PTB up for longer and actually fixed things reported and kept working on the PTB then yea the things that do make it out would be less but they look to the PTB as large scale testing which looks for LARGE issues, not minute issues.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

That's actually an important point. Yes you can play DBD on current gen consoles, but that comes with ######### specs. However on the next gen consoles I imagine a game as strong as DBD will run much smoother. Like people are complaining that a game that calls for a very powerful computer doesn't run well on a 7 year old made to be cheaper gaming system.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

There's literally no incentive for anyone that's not a content creator to play the PTB. There's no rewards for it. There's not many games out there that doesn't let people playing an experimental branch keep what they unlock.. and of course DbD is one of those.

The fact that BHVR suffer from a lot of "not actually using player feedback provided by players during PTB" issues, that also deters players from playing the PTB. Cannot be a fun experiences for people to spend their time to provide feedback to BHVR only to see them throw that ######### in the trash bin. They do it all the time unless there's a massive backlash.

• Freki

I'm not saying there is or anything like that, I'm making the comment that when the PTB comes out not many go to them and thus many of these so called bugs that make it into the release are not caught. You also have to seperate "FEEDBACK" from "BUG REPORTING" The difference is you and I will have differing ideas about the disconnect penalties, how DS should be changed (if at all), what is happening to various things. and so your feed back on their perk changes and mine will be different. now if you find that there is a bug where if you crouch in a bush you will get stuck I will probably get the same thing if I am in the same place (usually).

So when you say "not actually using player feedback provided during PTB" is incorrect. many times a few hundred people will say perk change A is great! and then another few hundred will say perk change A is crap and needs to be redone. What do you do at that point? when people's opinions on how things are working are not the same the company has to make a decision so using the information of what THEY WANTED plus these opinions they may do nothing or change something. Either way people will be upset at them. it's a LOOSE LOOSE in this case. HOWEVER if someone reports a bug where the challenge to get 20K points in deviousness is not registering properly, they can check into that directly and find the error and fix it.

What many here don't understand is they know less than 1/2 of what the devs know about the intent behind a change is. What they will know is what the feature/item does in game and then the stated goal of what it is supposed to do. HOWEVER there are other things that went into why that feature/item is and most of us only guess at this and this is where people make wild speculations which are usually wrong. Take DS for example, it was not designed as an anti-tunneling perk but the community sees it as that. Who's right? the players or the people that made the perk?

• Hex_Stalk
    Hex_Stalk Member Posts: 488
  • Chrisko
    Chrisko Member Posts: 288

The only thing that BHVR reacts to are loss of revenue and loss of players. Any suggestion that does not affect one of those 2 things is down on the priority list.