Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Chapter 18 speculation

2»

Comments

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

To a certain degree, people are right though.

There are only four kinds of Killers; ranged, set-up, mobility, and stealth.

Either the Killer has an attack that hits from a distance to catch Survivors off-guard, they use their power in advance in order to give themselves an advantage in catching Survivors off-guard later, they traverse the map quickly to catch Survivors off-guard, or they make themselves harder to notice to catch Survivors off-guard.

We haven't had a unique Killer since our first Ranged type Killer.

-

BUT that's less the developers being incompetent or uncreative, and more their current game having limitations.

A disguise Killer would be countered by Empathy, Bond, Better Together, Kindred, and SWF.

A Killer that corrupts Survivors into it's allies just wouldn't work in the current game.

A puzzle based Killer that forces Survivors to solve challenges just couldn't work in a game based around 12 hook states aand 5 generators.

A Killer that can transform the actual layout of the map (not add props, but shift the map itself around) would break the game's balance in addition to probably being immensely hard to design.

A Killer that is actually multiple Killers just would not work in a game mode with 4 Survivors.

Et cetera.

-

The only unused Killer type I can think of that might work in the current game would be a slowdown Killer - one who can just reduce Survivor action speed.

But we already had one of those; old Freddy. And IIRC after nerfing Forever Freddy IIRC the devs have expressed their desire to avoid giving Killers built in slow down.

---

TL;DR ::: Killers are samey, but that's cuz we only have one game mode.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    edited October 2020

Gimme Dracula. Change into mist to get around quickly and teleport to the crows on the map once they're disturbed. But have to work in his bloodlust of course.

Also I'd love something from Lovecraft, like a Shoggoth.

And lastly: PINHEAD

• entitysbreakfast
    entitysbreakfast Member Posts: 126

I would love to see Alien, it would be perfect. Or A stephen king chapter around IT or The Shining. I also just watched Grave Encounters last night and think that would be an awesome addition to DBD. The Conjuring, The Nun, Insidious, you name it I want it!

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298
    edited October 2020

A WW2 themed character with a gas mask and flamethrower would be so cool in my opinion.

It doesn't even have to be specifically WW2 themed if the devs are not comfortable enough to bring real tragic events into the game. Just a killer with a flamethrower would do.

• rottmeister
    rottmeister Member Posts: 316

So? We have multiple human killers with a knife, 2 chainsaw users etc.

I don't really count Hag as a witch. She's more of a swamp monster / Wendigo.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Probably a killer that works like this:

• His power is basically an M1.
    • He HAS to look down when he misses or runs out of power bar, even if the power isn't that good.
    • Moves fast?
    • Clunky/awkward mechanics that interact with DBD's strengths - such as hitboxes on objects/things in general.
    • He's high risk for low reward.
    • Has cool skins.
    • Is countered by dead hard and sharp corners.
    • Can't turn at all.

Wait a minute..

• rottmeister
    rottmeister Member Posts: 316
  • ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

I think the next Killer will be able to run fast or use stealth, they don't have enough Killers with these qualities /s.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

Right? I can understand getting swept up in the excitement but there's more pressing stuff to worry about

• Jollykins
    Jollykins Member Posts: 43

Low key, Id love a Slenderman chapter. Im sure they could make it work and make him terrifying.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

Personally I'd like a killer that can plant plants on objects that survivors have to remove before they can interact with it, and can plant special plants that grow entity fruit the killer can eat for a buff; survivors have to destroy the plant before it grows to stop that from happening

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

That sounds cool like a plant Mancer like Poison ivy and swamp thing.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

Long Shot and Not real at all but,

Barney. I would find it scary as hell to be chased around that purple suit. his mori could be a hug to death and his chase music could be a take off on his annoying as hell theme. we all know it